Rickson Gracie’s memoir ‘Breathe’ spills a lot of tea

They are all thugs, but BJJ was meant for harder people back in the day. Now its been modified for the 9-5 working crowd.

1 Like

I give Royce credit. He had a lot of pride but he also fought the best with no time limits, no rules, and no weight classes. Giy had balls

6 Likes

1 Like

But surely Helio Gracie redeemed himself by jumping into shark-infested, stormy seas to rescue a drowning man?

1 Like

Honestly, this is a seriously fucking retarded comment. That’s like saying it’s cheap to win at tennis by having a fast serve. Jesus Christ man, look at the rules… vale tudo.

2 Likes

Boo Hoo Cry Baby GIF

1 Like

That is what it looked like to me.

He claimed after the fight he hadn’t had enough to eat for breakfast so didn’t have the energy to fight.

I mean, I am being serious - he actually said that.

2 Likes

b4 reading it i didnt know he is half black:

When Margarida, my father’s first wife, the woman I consider my mother, was unable to get pregnant, my uncle came up with a plan. My father, with my mother’s knowledge and consent, would impregnate our African Brazilian babysitter, Belinha, who gave birth to me and my older brothers Rorion and Relson. The whole thing was an elaborate ruse. Margarida wore a fake belly during Belindha’s pregnancies and when the time came for her to give birth, she went to the hospital and came home with a baby. Not even her best friends knew! When I was young and looked at myself in the mirror and saw my freckles, I thought they were from my Scottish blood. Little did I know that I was half African Brazilian!

2 Likes

Well no wonder so many OGers hate Rickson. He’s part black.

3 Likes

u avoided my questions

No shit

I never seen this or heard the story before that’s cool as hell, good shit dude. Damien Riccio seems like a badass dude, he was very respectful in his response to the brothers email, the Gracies were not.

3 Likes

I think he’s dead

No one knew …well it had never been publicly acknowledged before and was sort of a long time joke that Rickson must be the offspring of their African maid due to his way more musclar genetics than the rest of the brothers.
Was more surprising to me that Relson and Rorian were as well … poor Rorian. He got way too much Helio Gracie genetics in there and Rickson got all the blackletics. No wonder Rorian dedicated large portion of his lift to fucking with Rickson lol

when he says his otehr is african is she 100% african cuz he doesnt look mixed. he straigh up looks like a brazilian indian looking guy

3 Likes

The text posted above in italics is directly from his book and he refers to her as ‘African-Brazilian’ there.
I agree he looks like he has some indigenous genetics as well. I don’t think she was 100% African.

Sounds like he studied and took school at least somewhat seriously as well the way he was able to maneuver financially in a foreign country. Even if I think he’s a wiener, I can’t deny his business acumen and salesmanship.

1 Like

any pics of her in the book?

Helio impregnated his maid and then she had no role as the mother for 3 of those kids! wow wtf