Rickson Gracie’s memoir ‘Breathe’ spills a lot of tea

I hate icp, fayg

ttt

400-0

2 Likes

Rickson made more money per fight than most UFC champs get today.

He valued himself better than everyone else.

7 Likes

I’m not judging him on his ability to create a legend and sell himself, he was obviously excellent at that.

1 Like

This is tremendous coming from a huge liberal. Bravo sir, bravo.

1 Like
2 Likes

He doesnt even say they rolled.

1 Like

2 Likes

lololololol

2 Likes

Wonder if he shares who his mom is. Do the Gracies even have moms? They go on and on about the old man but you never hear shit about the mother(s).

2 Likes

I did not roll with Rickson, but he showed me a few techniques and he let me try my escapes and vice versa I was trying to control him.

Let me tell you his BJJ is really really good.

10 Likes

Helio and Carlos would divorce women as they aged and get new ones to breed with. They have like 30 kids who have nothing to do with jiu jitsu.

3 Likes

Rickson was the best grappler and fighter or his era.Unlike a lot of Gracies he was great at getting top position His grappling was perfect Like everyone else I wish hed have fought Sakaraba etc but he didnt

7 Likes

L8er

Just finished his book. Very interesting stuff. I’m not a jiu-jitsu guy so I’m not in that sphere but always wondered why the Gracies were so broken apart.

spoilers

Interesting points from the book.
•Helio used women for breeding, to build a Gracie army. Gracies were polygamous, including early Rickson
•Rickson’s mom is an African maid Helio screwed around with
•Rickson dabbled in drugs, gangs, psychedelics when he was young
•Rickson cheated on his wife Kim constantly
•Carlson Gracie was frowned upon by the family because he was more about about sports jiu-jitsu.
•Rickson is not a Rhonda Rousey fan because she didn’t stick to his advice when he met her. She brushed him off. He told her to stick to what she was a champion at, Judo. She’s a quitter that went on to fake fighting
•Rorian and Rickson did not get along at all. That’s one of the main reasons Rickson was replaced by Royce to fight at the UFC’s genesis. Rorian didn’t want Rickson to become more famous than him.
•Rickson never got paid to train Royce because Rorian kept all the money, therefore Rickson went to Japan were fighters were respected.
•Rockson was murdered. He was into LA gangs, drugs and stealing. His death was the primary reason Rickson retired.

19 Likes

Wow. Sounds like a fighting a genius and not some scumbag charlatan beating in jkd dorks and selling “aura”.

Why do these guys get out on a pedestal?

2 Likes

•the Machado brothers are Rickson’s cousins

•one day Helio asked Rickson if he wanted more brothers. So Helio drove to Vera’s house, one of his students whom he was screwing around with. She had given birth to 4 of his kids. Rolker, Royler and Royce. Somehow Helio convince his mistress Vera and current wife to all be friends.

10 Likes

The most overrated figure in combat sports ever. It tells a lot he never had the balls to go against top competition in official events.

9 Likes

• Rickson was offered $5 million to fight Sakuraba but declined due to Rockson’s death

1 Like