Rickson Gracie’s memoir ‘Breathe’ spills a lot of tea

• the book is called BREATHE but there is not much about breathing in the book
•Netflix is currently making a mini series about his life

1 Like

•Rickson claims he tooled Royce in practice, Royce was the weaker Gracie

2 Likes

Yet Royce’s fight career is significantly more impressive.

Rickson stayed away from sport bjj in his prime too because everyone loses if they compete enough. It’s the nature of tournament style grappling/wrestling. Roger and Marcelo, for instance, were uber successful but they both had legitimate and big time losses here and there during that time.

5 Likes

From Tim Credeur:

Date: 04/28/06 11:09 PM
92 Total Posts Ignore User

I am no great anything. As a purple I heard all the bullshit about Rickson and I thought as many on my Team ( What the F$%* ).
How good can a guy really be. Coming from the Carlson Gracie Team I had wrestled with the best and I knew what the damn deal
was. I was smoking everyone in tournaments as a purple back then and I figuered of course I would get worked but
I was pretty legit and it could not have been that bad if I rolled with Rickson.
I mean what could he possibly do that I had not seen. I got a private, I waited about 2 months for it.

I got so fucked up when we finally rolled I questioned everything and I mean everything that I had ever learned or thought
about Jiu-Jitsu.
I am a Black Belt today under World Champion Rodrigo Medeiros ( Carlson Gracie / BJJ Revolution Team ) I fight regularly in
MMA and I have trained with any and everyone you could imagine.

Rickson is FUCKING FOR REAL.
THERE IS NO MYSTIC, LEGEND OR MYSTERY. HE IS JUST A FUCKING REAL LIVE JIU-JITSU WAR MACHINE MONSTER THAT BRINGS GAME YOU
CANNOT COMPREHEND. UNLESS YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED IT YOU WILL NEVER KNOW AND MANY DON’T EVEN HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO KNOW HOW BAD
HE IS WHEN THE SESSION IS GOING DOWN BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO RECOGNIZE THE DOMINANCE THAT IS TAKING PLACE.

Check me out on OTM or Sherdog. I am legit and this motherfucker is off the fucking charts. What Paulo said doesn’t surprise
me in the least.
I don’t mean to rant and I jock ride no man ever. I rarely ever post on this website or any other. I am just dropping a peice
of knowledge that I possess so the masses know that my experience was felt and my life was changed by a guy that felt
inhuman to roll with.

Tim Credeur

11 Likes

What Tim Credeur was referring to, Paulo Filho training with Rickson:

Bomb!! Paulo Filho, Brazilian Top Team’s undefeated MMA champion, is training with Rickson Gracie.

He confessed to GRACIEMAG.com to be astonished with the experience. Filho reveals that he has never seen anyone with the technical knowledge of the great Jiu-Jitsu myth. “I have trained with the toughest guys formed by Carlson Gracie. They were all great and I for sure don’t want to diminish anybody, but I have to say that no one ever did to me what Rickson Gracie has done during training these last days,” confesses last Pride Bushido star. Filho also clarifies that did not change teams. He is still part of BTT, although he points out that he maintains a certain degree of technical secrecy: “The opportunity I’m having is unique, so I’m not divulging it. Those are techniques that I intend to incorporate to my fighting, and hopefully will make me a more worthy Jiu-Jitsu representative.”

Back in the 90’s it was common for a great Jiu-Jitsu champion to train with Rickson and come out astonished. That was the case of Fabio Gurgel, Renzo Gracie, Roberto Roleta, Alexandre Paiva, Nino Schembri, among others. Filho statements are much more powerful for two reasons:

1. It is current news. It’s been ten years since any first class fighter came public with such statements. Many even thought that Rickson’s supremacy was a thing of the past.

2. Filho comes from the Carlson Gracie’s lineage, where opinions about Rickson were the most skeptical within the world of Jiu-Jitsu, but maybe only because no one from Carlson’s side had ever the opportunity to train with the icon before Filho. Rickson is training in Brazil for about five months now. Filho confirms that, despite his age, the Gracie is at his top physical shape.

1 Like

Those are nonsense anecdotes and filho was a washed up drug addict talking to himself during fights by that time.

You’re a tma guy so you have to buy into the myth and bullshit. Your entire perspective and worldview is wrapped around buying into frauds and liars.

3 Likes

He was VERY smart when it came to that! I don’t blame him at all for maximizing his earning potential and if someone couldn’t meet hit requirements? Go kick rocks!

“Fans” bitching and complaining doesn’t earn him any money and we aren’t exactly the ones that have to beat themselves up in training and then go fight.

4 Likes

It used to be absolutely off limits to discuss this on the UG but at the time the reporting was that Rockson overdosed from drugs in a hotel I believe in upper Manhattan.

7 Likes

And you’re a fuckwit and a nobody in the world of MMA whereas the people you criticize have fought at the highest levels of MMA. Guess who’s worth listening to? Hint: Not an obscure fuckwit on an internet message board.

10 Likes

Rickson NEVER fought anyone close to the highest levels of mma. He went to obscure tournaments with joke participants in Japan vs one Of the vale tudo events in Brazil or extreme fighting at that time. Then he fought pro wrestlers and retired.

I don’t talk shit, lie and fabricate facts about myself to develop an artificial persona that pussy faggots will worship. I call that out.

Don’t make absurd claims if you can’t handle legitimate criticism. They should easily stand on their own.

8 Likes

By all accounts, he got into many street fights as a young guy. Watching Choke, however, I had the impression he wasn’t comfortable with fighting and did it because he felt he had to (for his brand/business).?.

Is the rewriting of history now that he was gonna fight Sakuraba when Rockson died? He was signed to fight Ogawa at the time, had already ducked competition for a decade, and getting old. He sure as fuck wasnt going to fight Sakuraba.

8 Likes

Street fights and competition are completely different beasts.

It’s all revisionist history and Helio and Carlos were bad people.

1 Like

You’re an absolute fuckwit if you think your opinion is as legit as Paulo and Tim. You are an internet nobody with a resume as an internet nobody.

7 Likes

Lol. That’s all you do. I don’t think I’ve ever heard you say anything good about anything.

9 Likes

good stuph

I dismantle the shit of others. I NEVER make bullshit claims about myself or use them to create a bullshit public persona to monetize and use for influence.

If I choose to be negative and cynical that doesn’t invalidate my opinions just because you find my negativity objectionable. It’s still relevant. It’s still a legitimate perspective even if you don’t want to hear it.

2 Likes

How much money did Rickson win for winning the Japan vale tudo championships?

I like Rickson but him not fighting any quality competition over the years is very disappointing. His sons death wasn’t the reason he avoided Rutten, Ruas and Kerr

8 Likes

Opinion or not, if you bring negativity to every thread you post on, which is exactly what I would classify your posting style as (negative), that’s what you will be known for.

4 Likes