Rickson Gracie’s memoir ‘Breathe’ spills a lot of tea

You fuckers leave Ugly Kid Joe outta this, they had Hate Everything About You inthe 90s

3 Likes

So? I don’t think what you consider “negativity” as bad. I think you choose to delude yourself with a world that doesn’t exist.

Imfinding great difficulty in finding inaccuracies or embellishments inthis post,and to me accuracy is a positive thing. Hillbo, you strut like Professor Hulk bro…

2 Likes

It was really cool to be mentioned in the book. Huge honor.

15 Likes

On the topic of Rockson, I’m not sure why Rickson thinks he was murdered. I understand someone sent him Rockson’s suitcase, but I can only assume the coroner determined a drug OD due to drugs in his body. Also, I’m shocked no one informed Rickson. I mean it was 2000 and Rockson had a tattoo that read Rickson Gracie on his arm. Someone should’ve been able to piece that together…unless the area Rockson was found in is so hopeless that no one gives a fuck when they roll up on a dead body.

1 Like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb0DmbUcMIQ

1 Like

Da faq?

I was banned from the forum back then for suggesting he died from a drug overdose and not a motorcycle accident.

10 Likes

I thought it was a motorcycle accident

Truth is not black and white to the Gracies.

1 Like

So how did Rickson get so good? He didnt challenge himself in competition. He didnt train daily with the best. He chilled at home while someone else ran his school then once every couple years would show up and destroy a top BJJ guy behind closed doors?

2 Likes

I don’t understand it. Jocko talked a little bit about ‘Invisible Ju-jitsu’ on his podcast with Rickson. I’ve heard Matt Thornton from Straight Blast mention it too. From what I gather, Rickson makes very subtle adjustments that are hard to explain without doing it, but make a huge difference in actual grappling.

2 Likes

Great opportunity to teach a double elbow pop and go double, but I guess walking back real slow is an important lesson too

1 Like

It was in NYC so I assume that’s the case.

1 Like

Exactly. And none of those guys would have come out and said they can beat Rickson regardless of what happened when they rolled. You can’t go against the culture and lore or they’d have eaten you alive.

2 Likes

What makes Thornton such an authority? Another dude who made his entire name beating on his own jkd students and uke’s. Do some more straight blasts, bro.

You can see it when he rolled with Rigan Machado. Carlos Newton said the same thing, the way Rickson moves his hips.

5 Likes

What’s your rank in bjj? How many times have you competed?

Where’s the whole match?

To be fair, Dave Camarillo had a giant tramp stamp with Ralph Gracie’s name/faace on it…so cant really use tattoos as a reference

1 Like

Found it. Yeah, that’s incredibly rudimentary. Rickson also cheats at 1:48 grabbing the inside of the pant cuff.

2 Likes