Rickson Gracie’s memoir ‘Breathe’ spills a lot of tea

He definitely didn’t do himself any favors with the 400-0 thing that’s for sure. Anybody who trained in the 90’s has heard he was untouchable though. Black belt after black belt saying Rickson toyed with them. I have to take them at their word on that but his lack of competition makes it impossible to verify. I won’t judge him on anything post-Rockson’s passing.

3 Likes

How come in Rickson’s only public match vs a top black belt he didnt easily destroy Rigan but was challenged and looked human?

6 Likes

Did you see that effortless pass?

too long didnt watch. did he constantly toy with and tap rigan.

1 Like

If that’s prime Rickson Mikey Muscemi would tap him in under 30 seconds. Faster no-gi since that game didn’t really take off until adcc when Rickson had checked out.

So in Ricksons only public match he lost a sloppy scramble and had his guard passed. Where were those invisible micromovements that let him effortlessly tap everyone at his gym!?

2 Likes

Why did they edit out Rigan slamming Rickson?

4 Likes

Somebody stole his aura before that match like how Austin powers had his mojo stolen. It was a fadda conspiracy.

1 Like

Cause Gracies are bullshit artists.

2 Likes

Rigan is pretty good at jiu jitsu… I guess somebody has to point that out. So Rickson beating him in the finals is evidence that Rickson sucks. Makes UG sense.

4 Likes

No, but he’s not a god and he wasn’t anything special other than a tough roll.

5 Likes

I don’t have a dog in the fight, but my original BJJ instructor was a Carlson Gracie guy who claimed Royce Gracie was no more than a blue belt; yet he said the same thing everyone says about Rickson. Rickson is fantastic at BJJ; doesn’t make him a good guy or even a good MMA fighter. I feel a lot of the guys that are out here ripping him are the people that bought the snake oil the Gracies were selling and are now bitter about it.

3 Likes

Bullshit, I was always a hater.

It just irks me that so many people still put him on some deified platform he didn’t earn other than running his mouth and letting his unskilled sycophants do it for him.

3 Likes

I’ve read the “blue belt” label regarding Royce several times over the years, but he was making his money for years off of continuous seminars. I would assume purples and above attend his seminars and he rolls with them, and I would expect he gets the better of them.?.

1 Like

That’s cool.

I’ve never heard anyone say anything good about Royce’s sminars

2 Likes

you assume wrong

OK. So he regularly gets his ass handed to him at seminars? Be more specific.

I understand that you “was always” an emotionally irrational person that’s irked by anyone or anything that doesn’t conform to your views

He doesn’t roll with anyone and people give his seminars bad reviews after going to them