Rickson Gracie’s memoir ‘Breathe’ spills a lot of tea

Gracie nonsence brought MMA to USA and all around the world.What have you done

4 Likes

He has lost to Otsuka and two other UFC Champions. He has a legit UFC tournament championship; he was the Champion. He beat a UFC champion. Legend and hype doesn’t get you those accomplishments. He’s not in any GOAT conversations but he has a legit pedigree, not just hype.

2 Likes

Reylson almost died from a drug OD and Helio got shot at over a bill dispute in Brazil.

1 Like

Renzo got shot

“How the fuck was I supposed to not have sex and not masturbate.” - - Rickson

LOL

2 Likes

Not just shot AT…SHOT a couple times.

Rickson mentioned his time in wrestling and Sambo tournies, but never mentions his loss to Ron Tripp.

3 Likes

The RULES!!!

Relson, not reylson. Perhaps next time attempt to read all them words instead of listening like a brain dead no-no.

It’s not a book it’s Audible, you fuckstick!!!

But I wouldn’t expect an out-of-touch boomer who has bad tastes in women to know what Audible is.

1 Like

“When I saw his dick [when baby Rockson was born] it was the happiest day of my life.” - - Rickson

LMAO

1 Like

And to say you didn’t know the rules as an excuse is such nonsense. It’s on you to know what you’re getting into. Sambo rules were like 70 years old at the time lol.

1 Like

Rickson claimed the events were filled with corrupt officials and the rules would change at the whim of the refs.

1 Like

Bullshit. A throw from the feet where you remain on the feet and your opponent lands on his back has always been the equivalent of a judo ippon. It instantly ends a match. Pins don’t end sport sambo matches, but they score points of you hold them for a certain period of time.

1 Like

Does Rickson talk about modern mma? His thoughts on bjjs lack of effectiveness ?

He’s talking about Mark Shultz at the moment.

cuddle rocking GIF by 1st Look

Rickson when he rolled with Schultz

5 Likes

What’d he say about Schultz?

He was humbled that one of America’s best wrestlers (Shultz) wanted to train with him. He choked out Shultz the first time they rolled. In round 2, Rickson got his neck cranked in the cradle position, but he stayed relaxed knowing Shultz would get tired. It took 10 mins for Rickson to get the choke this time. Shultz was angry. Rickson respected Shultz for being a good rep for BJJ, winning UFC, and getting a BB under Pedro Sauer.

4 Likes