Rickson Gracie’s memoir ‘Breathe’ spills a lot of tea

You dont have a “version”. You just have gossip that you heard from others. You have no personal involvent in any of this.

That reminds me of Jason Delucia losing to Royce in a Gracie Challenge match (seen in GIA 2) and then fighting Royce again in UFC 2, losing via armbar.

Delucia tells the story

6 Likes

Came out to fight Seagal, ends up fighting the Gracies. What a cool way to spend your youth. Mine was boring in comparison.

2 Likes

I don’t think Seagal accepted any challenges or even fought a day in his life.

1 Like

Seagull wisely wanted nothing to do with delucia. When you’re supposed to be hard to kill under siege, and get the shit kicked out of you by a guy out for justice, but 6 inches shorter and 50lb lighter, it might put a damper on the career.

5 Likes

Seagal made up a lot of things. I put him on the same shelf as Frank Dux.

But at least there is video footage of Seagal demonstrating Aikido, whereas Dux hasn’t done much.

1 Like

There was an interview somewhere of him saying Frank Dux came in to tell him he got offered money from some guys to kill seagal but wouldnt do it so then they respected each other. These guys all just play into each others weird fantasy shit.

3 Likes

Thats a little Above the Law dont ya think? I mean if we’re walking On Deadly Ground here, Im gonna make an Executive Decision and say that idea is Half Past Dead. But just thinking about it does give me that Fire Down Below.

6 Likes

lol

1 Like

They also had dark blue.

Royce wears a blue belt in tribute to his father.

His father Helio wore his blue belt as a form of protest.

1 Like

Isnt that what a lot of people are saying about Rickson? He never fought anyone legit yet some people claim he’s an mma legend

1 Like

That’s pretty cool how Rorion cancelled the bet for Delucia’s benefit, who seemed appreciative in the interview.
Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

This checks out. And you can take that to the bank.

2 Likes

That’s because rorion knew jason was going to lose.

Jiu Jitsu is a bunch of pussies now a days.

What rank are you bro, who do you train under?!?

1 Like

Interesting fact from the interview below: Rickson wore white trunks when fighting in Japan because samurai would always where a white undergarment under their armour (for spiritual reasons, he says).

Jean Jacques Machado to Rickson: “To me, you are a super hero”.

No. People consider him a BJJ legend. I dont know anyone claiming Rickson is a mma legend.

1 Like