Rickson Gracie’s memoir ‘Breathe’ spills a lot of tea

You still doing Systema?

How would Rickson rate vs. Vasiliev as a martial artist?

Thanks!

That’s actually a really good point

If so, I got snookered.

Then we’ll call him ducks: quack, quack.

It Lives

Bump

1 Like

Oh Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

2 Likes

4 Likes

calling someone a juggalo could be the funniest insult ever

2 Likes

Hillbo isn’t a cheery person but his he contributed a lot of knowledge to this thread.

Damn you guys are assuming Hillbo’s pronouns as they/them?

We can’t see one persons posts in a thread by clicking their avatar anymore?

1 Like

Edited.

1 Like

I’m literally the antithesis of a juggalo, though I did see green jelly was playing the last gathering. Every other band I hadn’t heard of or was shit, but I’d see them.

what the hell is the antithesis of a jugallo? a normal man?

TTT

2 Likes

haha, love a random bump on drama posts :grinning:

In Rickson’s defense, when he was in his Prime was in its infancy. He was 33 when UFC started, and Rorion decided to go with Royce instead. And he was 38 when Pride started. So really there was no best in his day for him to fight.

2 Likes

He priced himself out of the early ufcs.

Was that before or after Royce pretty much “put him over” by mentioning after his win [UFC2?] that Rickson was 10 x times better than him.

I always heard that Rorion always wanted to go with Royce because his lanky physique would be a better marketing tool for GJJ than Rickson.

2 Likes

I believe that’s just what Rorion wants everyone to believe.
Theres no way Rickson would have fought for Rorion imo. He had already paid his dues in brazil and was calling his own shots by that time. They presented it as being the “family rep”, but im pretty sure Rickson knew that he would really be fighting for Rorion to make the lions share of money if it was successful. Royse was successful yes, but compared to Rorion he got peanuts from the UFC.

3 Likes