RIP Evan

RIP he was a hero and a role model for everyone. 

RIP. 

RIP Evan.

RIP

RIP

Golden Boy -
knot eye - 

He would've been a huge personality in this social media age. 

RIP

I agree. Evan was the first fighter to embrace social media. Joe Silva had to create a Myspace to get a hold of him one time.

Yea I’ve always heard he had a MySpace page and he interacted with his fans.

I never had a MySpace but I do have Twitter. Tanner would’ve been huge.

WAR TANNER

RIP Mr. Tanner

RIP.

It's been 11 years since he died? That's nuts. Life is a vapor, indeed. 

Dude was an original. RIP.

Fahqhard - 

Did I hear wrong or did Chael somewhat insult him , calling him un intelligent

Evan used to post drunk often. He was at times a selfish training partner. He ruined just about every friendship he had at that stage of his life including ours. All the way up to his death I always figured it was a matter of time before he went back to drinking and fucking up again.

Evan’s whole life he proved the doubters wrong. One of the hardest things for me to come to grips with is I ended up becoming one myself.

1 Like

Damn, time fucking flies.  RIP

Golden Boy -
Fahqhard - 

Did I hear wrong or did Chael somewhat insult him , calling him un intelligent

Evan used to post drunk often. He was at times a selfish training partner. He ruined just about every friendship he had at that stage of his life including ours. All the way up to his death I always figured it was a matter of time before he went back to drinking and fucking up again.

Evan’s whole life he proved the doubters wrong. One of the hardest things for me to come to grips with is I ended up becoming one myself.

I had mutual friends with him and this post is unfortunately true.  He had his demons for sure

I loved watching him fight. He seemed like a great dude.

RIP Evan Tanner!

His spirit lives on through The UFC game on my Dreamcast.

RIP

RIP Evan.

Check me if I'm wrong somebody but one of my favorite quotes was from Forrest's first book I think and I believe he cited a quote from Evan Tanner (paraphrasing from memory of course) but something along the lines of "Jesus Christ of Nazareth walked this earth, did nothing but good, and they crucified him for it."

RIP Evan

Someone did a great highlight of Evan to the smoking aces theme years ago. It seems to have disappeared off the internet.