RIP Evan

I had concidentally thought of Tanner earlier today and remembering when he said " I'm the Gatekeeper kinda and he's gotta get thru me" when discussing his fight and win over the heralded grappling phenom he totally dominated.

RIP

RIP

RIP.

Great man. Great soul. Great fighter.

This always saddens me!Ā 

Rest in peace

nice playin blackjack with ya at MGM brother!!! you were one of the greats RIP

knot eyeĀ -Ā 
Golden Boy -
knot eyeĀ -Ā 

He would've been a huge personality in this social media age.Ā 

Ā 

RIP

I agree. Evan was the first fighter to embrace social media. Joe Silva had to create a Myspace to get a hold of him one time.

Yea Iā€™ve always heard he had a MySpace page and he interacted with his fans.

Ā 

I never had a MySpace but I do have Twitter. Tanner wouldā€™ve been huge.

man he totally interacted on thereā€¦ no jokeā€¦ he randomly wrote me one timeā€¦

he may of had some demons, but that guy was truly fighting for the good of mankindā€¦

badboyhere -
knot eyeĀ -Ā 
Golden Boy -
knot eyeĀ -Ā 

He would've been a huge personality in this social media age.Ā 

Ā 

RIP

I agree. Evan was the first fighter to embrace social media. Joe Silva had to create a Myspace to get a hold of him one time.

Yea Iā€™ve always heard he had a MySpace page and he interacted with his fans.

Ā 

I never had a MySpace but I do have Twitter. Tanner wouldā€™ve been huge.

man he totally interacted on thereā€¦ no jokeā€¦ he randomly wrote me one timeā€¦

he may of had some demons, but that guy was truly fighting for the good of mankindā€¦

I remember once I thought Iā€™ll message Evan and see if he had some advice. I had been playing judo for a long time. I had just gotten a black belt and started struggling big time for some reason. I had a state tournament coming up and I sent him a message. He was super classy and helpful. I ended up doing very well in the tournament(3-1) but I honestly think Iā€™d have went 0-4 in that one had I not wrote Evan and he took the time to write back.

evan and I wrote back and forth for awhile after that. He always seemed genuine when asking about my judo or Bjj tournaments/training. Sometimes we just messaged about random stuff. I wish I still had those messages because they were important to me at the time and still are.

Ā 

before a fight once he told me, donā€™t worry too much about it and that all we have are memories and we are just doing this for a memory and a story to tell. (Something like that but not it exactly)

Ā 

i didnā€™t know him personally, so the stories about his drinking and ruining friendships may be true but Evan was nothing but good and sincere to me so I have nothing bad to say about him at all. He was a good human, had a good soul and meant well. Whether he made mistakes or not shouldnā€™t make a difference on how heā€™s rememberedĀ