RJJ Interested in Boxing Silva!!

because silva challenged him to a BOXING match!

I'd rather not have MMA lose credibilty when Silva gets eaten alive.

They should do best of 3. One match in a boxing ring. One in the octagon. And the last one on the bent platform from Bloodsport.

^ That's an interesting angle.

In a pure boxing match, RJJ rat-a-tat-tats on Silva's head and knocks him out inside 2 minutes

Would be hilarious if Silva gets rocked and is in a daze and grabs RJJ in the clinch and starts throwing knees.

LMAO MICA!! i would ROFL until i died from lack of breath.

make it happen !

RJJ would destroy him in a boxing match. Make it K-1 rules and maybe
he has a chance, but no way in boxing only.

even wearing MMA gloves, Anderson's hands are noticeably MUCH slower than Jones'. Imagine how slow Anderson's punches are gonna look compared to Jones when they are both wearing 10 oz boxing gloves. If it goes past 1 round, it will only be because Jones is carrying him.

If I were Silva, I'd double cross him in the match and show him up.

Anderson should just take him down and choke him, then say he forgot the rules in the heat of battle.

After watching the last few RJJ fights,I would think(and I will get flamed for this I am sure) that all Anderson would have to do is prepare for Jones' one jab fluke into the hugging stance,wait for the ref (Cecil Peoples most likely)to split them up,then expect the almost in reach 3-shot flurry by Roy hoping he touches on one of them so he can showboat for a second then back to the aforementioned one jab fluke into the hugging stance etc.

I live in RJJ's town .Never met him.Seen him a few times never got his autograph,but I could have bought one.

He is deserving of all the accolades bestowed upon him in his lengthy carrer.

This may have been asked already but could Anderson last a 36 minute boxing match with Roy?I know 12X3 minute rounds of course.

I am going to watch the new South Park now.

I would also take Anderson Silva for the win in this one.

I hope this never comes to fruition; RJJ would simply destroy Anderson in a boxing only match.

Thanks for the highlight Sultan.

ttt for the Vid; RJJ in his prime was one of the best Boxers P4P ever.

"if it does, very soon we will have a whole bunch of ufc fighters wanting to fight boxers, knowing very well they will be getting paid millions instead of the peanuts they make "

Since Dana won't want them to, do you think it will have an effect on mma pay?

would the athletic commission even allow it??

has Anderson ever even boxed professionally??
cuz 0-0 against a former champ seems VERY unlikely to get approved...

Anderson is 1-1 boxing. He was stopped by a nobody in 1998. If the speed and technique was too much for him then, than even an old RJJ would make him look stupid. As much as I am a boxing fan, I'd hate for the best MMA fighter to make this mistake.

As long as Silva gets to use kicks and knees.