RJJ Interested in Boxing Silva!!

I hate that its always MMA guys that have to step in the boxing ring to do this.

Why not have the boxer come to the Octagon? He can still use his full arsenal of attacks.

"As long as Silva gets to use kicks and knees"

lol, why should he when he's the one who called Jones out to a boxing match? Jones is just minding his business, when along comes Mr. "I make $260 000 a fight" Silva, challenging him to a boxing match. Now Jones should not only take up the offer, but also allow him to use kicks and knees? Classic. As if Jones really needs this fight.

I dont get why Roy Jones Jr. I know hes a huge name but hes like ufc and mma. Why not some boxer who hates UFC and mma?

"If the speed and technique was too much for him then, than even an old RJJ would make him look stupid."

LOL @ "then, than".

Roy Jones would ruin Silva.

(that's the most educated statement I could make, even when I break the fight down with my MMA experience and getting tooled in boxing gyms by boxers).

I highly doubt Dana would let his MW champ and P4P champ get a public lesson in humility in the boxing ring

I think it's a great thing & I hope it happens.

while i agree RJJ would ruin Silva, what does this really say about the 'fighters' we so look up to and admire?

To me it says there is still a long way to go and that there is still a hell of a lot of scope for improvement in MMA skillset wise.

its ok being 'good' at everything but i like to think MMA fighters strive towards being Elite in everything - and i suspect Silva see's himself in this way (as does GSP)

Besides, now that Silva has proposed this match he will never back down

lol geez..had to go there didn't you Logann