RJJ Musta Forgot

Didn't say RJJ would knock him out, but he sure as HELL would beat him in a lop sided UD!

You dont think Tyson would nail him at all for 10-12 rounds? Once Tyson nails him with a clean shit Roy aint gonna wnat none of that.

LOL

Yeah, we;ve all seen how fucking accurate Tyson is at hitting a target who is not stationary. LOL.

Please, hitting fat assed HW's who are already scared stiff is not the same as hitting RJJ.

WAKE THE FUCK UP!

lol @ a clean shit I would edit it but its too funny

ttt

"Whitebelt - Would you expect any less from Striker18? Intellectual bravery is only a rumor when it comes to any discussion of boxing from him."

LOL what a gay attempt at insulting me. I would say it was pretty "brave" of me for these last few years to speak the truth about RJJ while the rest of you were saying no one in the history of boxing could ever beat him, he could beat any heavyweight, blah blah blah.

"Jones has three wins over the current PFP'ers: Hopkins, Toney, Tarver. I guess they are 9-to-5'ers as well. Props to Tarver on a job well done."

Jones outpointed Hopkins by a few rounds early on in Hopkins career, it was far from a dominant win like the RJJ fanboys try and say. Hopkins was a late starter to boxing and RJJ was obviously a very early starter, so Roy had a HUGE advantage, but still couldn't finish Hopkins even way back then.

I said at the time of the proposed rematch that I thought Hopkins would win because his skills had dramatically improved and he would not be intimidated by RJJ at all, something RJJ has not liked in recent opponents. RJJ turning down a winner take 60 and loser take 40 payday said it all.

RJJ's win over Toney was in large part because of Toney being a lazy fatass and eating his way out of his weightclass and becoming very weak. I also think a rematch at heavyweight would go much differently.

RJJ's "win" over Tarver was a bullshit decision, and tonight's rematch showed who the superior fighter is.

Most importantly, other than the dubious decision victory over Tarver a few months ago, those other two fights you listed were years and years ago. My main argument was that RJJ had gotten used to fighting manual laborers and various other fighters over the last few years who were already very mentally intimidated and physically unable to do much to him. When one is used to that, taking on a mentally tough and physically strong opponent is a far different task, as tonight certainly showed.

"Also, look what RJJ HAS accomplished. Tarver would get fucking tooled in the HW division, period."

RJJ had one fight at heavyweight against Ruiz that he won by decision. I don't know if you can exactly act as if RJJ is such a superior heavyweight fighter compared to Tarver based on ONE fight with Ruiz.

"I'm not going to bother debating with someone who SELECTIVELY looks at Roy's record. If you don't think Harding(who BEAT Tarver), Telesco, Griffin, Johnson, and Ruiz(who I'm sure Tarver WON'T fight) were good opponents, then you just don't know boxing."

I wasn't being selective at all when I said in the last few years RJJ has been fighting garbagemen, policemen, mailmen, etc. as well as other fighters who were afraid to death of him. All the people you named fit in the latter category of people RJJ knew going in would be afraid of him.

RJJ refused to rematch with guys like Hopkins and Toney who would not be intimidated by him at all. As far as Ruiz, that was the one big name heavyweight RJJ chose to fight because he knew he could beat Ruiz. RJJ did not fight a Lewis, Tyson, Klitchko (Roy's comments about the klitchkos not being able to handle taking anything back are even funnier now), Sanders, etc. for a reason, because none of them would mentally break down in the ring with him and they would have all knocked him out in far more brutal fashion than Tarver did. RJJ knew who to fight based on style and mental reasons at lhw and heavyweight, and made a lot of money in the process.

RJJ was definitely great at the lower weight classes he started out at, and did a nice job of picking and choosing his opponents at LHW and heavyweight. The idea that anyone who doesn't automatically agree about Roy being the best LHW ever or being able to beat all the heavyweights "doesn't know anything about boxing" is just plain ignorant. I don't think the RJJ fanboys are completely ignorant about boxing, I just think they are mistaken on one specific issue.

Jones would not humiliate Tyson at all. The best he could do is jab and run for a decision, but I think he would eventually get caught. If his chin can't take a Tarver punch, it sure as hell couldn't take a Tyson punch.

"That he wasn't fighting another garbageman, policeman, mailman, etc. -his usual LHW opponents in the last few years- tonight."

Man, you could have said that about ANY professional boxer. Come on now. Everyone was taking on the career opponents before they made their names. That's just the way the sport works. Low blow.

"Man, you could have said that about ANY professional boxer. Come on now. Everyone was taking on the career opponents before they made their names. That's just the way the sport works. Low blow."

RJJ was already a big name before fighting all of these people in recent years. In fact, he was already a great fighter at the lower weight classes, he has just coasted in recent years by picking and choosing opponents.

Not a low blow at all.

Don't mind me. I'm just a little touchy after having bet the farm on him.

No problem. Like I said above, I think RJJ was an all time great at the lower weight classes. I honestly just think he got used to fighting people who were scared shitless of him coming into the fight. Taking on someone who can punch and who wasn't afraid of RJJ at all was a huge wake up call for RJJ and a much harder fight for him because he has been taking on so many people who were scared of him.

Yeah, you make a very valid point. Let me ask you something. How much of Tarver's lip was him trying to psyche himself up and how much of it was him really not being intimidated? I'm sure you've known the type (as have I) who run their mouths to mask the sound that shitting their pants is making.

Striker18, you've got to be kidding me! Roy Jones IS a great fighter, no matter what weight he fights at.

RonMerril, believe it or not, my boxing coach (punchdrunk27 on mma.tv) has always thought that is why Ali ran his mouth so much, to hide his fear. I am not sure one way or the other if I agree, but it is a really interesting theory and could explain why Ali ran his mouth so much to badasses like Foreman and Frazier so often.

I think Tarver's mouth was probably a little bit of being scared, but a lot of confidence as well. Of course everyone is scared to a degree going into a fight (anyone who says differently is lying), but I do think Tarver is a lot mentally tougher in general than anyone RJJ has fought in a while. When added to Tarver's performance against RJJ in the first fight, it equals a lot of confidence for Tarver coming in to tonight's fight.

Tarver probably realized he lost that first fight more than RJJ won it -- by not being aggressive enough -- and that he wasn't physically outmatched at all. Once he got past that issue, I think it is easy to see why Tarver was so confident coming into the fight.

Invincible Armor,

Yes he is, but he kicked the asses of all the other mentally tough and hungry fighters at the lower weight classes, he was far more selective at LHW and heavyweight. And unfortunately for RJJ and his fans, I think that practice caught up with him tonight.

Tyson would beat the shit out of RJJ. I don`t care how bad he looks he would still beat him.

He allowed Tarver to take him outta his game.

"...for the first round, Jones became the aggressor, which is a dangerous move for a counter puncher. Tarver, like a cat laying a trap for its prey, moved back and took Jones opening salvos. Jones landed a few hard punches, right hand to the body and Tarver moved back. For a brief moment, Jones appeared to solve the puzzle that was Tarver and the right hand to the body appeared to be weapon of choice.

In the second round began as the first as Tarver would move back just enough to allow Jones to come in range. Tarver stuck out his jab but it appeared to be of little effect. After the first minute, Jones unleashed a right and Tarver sidestepped it. Jones unwounded a left hook only a straight Tarver left nailed Jones first. Jones was for the first time beaten to the punch, his left hook moving slowly past Tarver head as Jones moved backward toward the canvas. Just like that Jones was down and out. For the first time in his career, Jones was beaten and beaten badly. After 51 fights, Jones suffered the fate of every fighter but one- the humiliating defeat. The only one who avoided that was the great Rocky Marciano."

- http://www.boxingscene.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1319

Well, while some good points have been made, and I mean some really good points, to suddenly and openly declare that last nights victory over Jones shows who the better fighter is, well that is simply incorrect. Jones won 1 fight, Tarver won 1 fight. It was not a bullshit decision. It WAS a very close fight, but Jones won it, even given the weight loss. Last night, Tarver just nailed him -- lights out. To really find out who the best is between them, they need a 3rd fight.

As far as Tyson is concerned -- you guys need to wake up. No shit. When everyone thinks of Tyson, they always think of the Tyson of old. He doesn't exist any more. The only thing the current Tyson has is KO power. His stamina sucks, his accuracy is about as reliable as the tooth fairy, his defence blows, and if the going get's tough, he fouls his way out of the fight, or get's KO'd. THAT IS THE CURRENT TYSON. RJJ would outpoint him for a lopsided UD. One loss to Tarver in a one punch KO does not a Tyson victim make. Everyone acts like "Tyson would eventually catch him." LOL. Tyson doesn't have the wind to catch him. Tyson doesn't have the dedication to train like he would HAVE TO to catch him. Tyson is a sad, pathetic former version of his once great self.

And YES, one fight with Jones at HW is a pretty damn good indicator of his HW ability. What is that ability? Speed. At the HW division, he'd be faster than 99% of the HW's out there, save Bird. That speed would be a damn hard riddle for most top 10 HW's to solve.

At 35 years of age, Jones finally got caught. Now, we have to see how he adjusts his game plan. He still is an athletic freak, with an abundance of physical gifts that far surpass almost anyone in boxing. However, age and ego have now shown him his first KO defeat. If he readjusts his game plan, I think he will have another run, and I think he will beat Tarver in a rematch, but he can't play it like he did last night.