RJJ Musta Forgot

"Jones would not humiliate Tyson at all. The best he could do is jab and run for a decision, but I think he would eventually get caught. If his chin can't take a Tarver punch, it sure as hell couldn't take a Tyson punch."

Uh, all Jones would have to do is step in the ring, and from there on out, Tyson would humiliate Tyson, while Jones punched him, slipped and moved, feinted, and generally watched with the rest of the world, as Tyson once again showed why he is now a side-show circus act, and not a compitent HW.

"Jones won 1 fight, Tarver won 1 fight. It was not a bullshit decision. It WAS a very close fight, but Jones won it, even given the weight loss. Last night, Tarver just nailed him -- lights out. To really find out who the best is between them, they need a 3rd fight."

In both fights, Tarver made RJJ look bad. In the first fight, I thought RJJ lost, but was given the decision because he is RJJ. There was a long list of excuses from Roy and his biggest fans as to why he didn't dominate Tarver, and the rematch was supposed to prove it.

How many "you don't want to mess with an angry RJJ" posts were made? RJJ got crushed in the second round with his angry style and lack of excuses that he had from the first fight.

So yes, I say Tarver is a better fighter at LHW because of those first two fights.

"And YES, one fight with Jones at HW is a pretty damn good indicator of his HW ability. What is that ability? Speed. At the HW division, he'd be faster than 99% of the HW's out there, save Bird. That speed would be a damn hard riddle for most top 10 HW's to solve."

RJJ also fought a guy that likes to grapple more than he likes to box. He was fortunate enough to get a ref who broke up the clinches instantly, something that I wish would happen in all of Ruiz's fights. Outpointing Ruiz doesn't mean much when other heavyweights like Tua put him away in 16 seconds, and when the rest of the heavyweights have a far different style. RJJ beating Ruiz doesn't mean he would beat Tyson, Lewis, Vitali, Wladimir, Golota, Sanders, etc. since their attributes and mental outlooks are so different.

The Tarver fight proved RJJ doesn't really even have a great LHW chin, I'd hate to see what happened if one of the above landed something solid on Roy.

"Uh, all Jones would have to do is step in the ring, and from there on out, Tyson would humiliate Tyson, while Jones punched him, slipped and moved, feinted, and generally watched with the rest of the world, as Tyson once again showed why he is now a side-show circus act, and not a compitent HW."

I don't think RJJ has the same sort of attributes to mentally break down Tyson like Douglas, Lewis, and Holyfield did. RJJ could probably last longer than he did against Tarver, but then again he might get taken out quicker than he did against Tarver. If Roy is collapsing and almost falling out of the ring from a Tarver left hook, a Tyson left hook might put him in a coma.

"In both fights, Tarver made RJJ look bad. In the first fight, I thought RJJ lost, but was given the decision because he is RJJ. There was a long list of excuses from Roy and his biggest fans as to why he didn't dominate Tarver, and the rematch was supposed to prove it."

Styles make fighers look bad, almost as easily as internet keyboard warriors do. Also, you don't get to speak for the judges, striker, since many agreed with the judges. Sorry, but your NOT the be all and END all, no matter how much I love your PBP's of the live UFC's. Long list of excuses from Tarver as to why he didn't win the first fight as well, and you add to that list.

"How many "you don't want to mess with an angry RJJ" posts were made? RJJ got crushed in the second round with his angry style and lack of excuses that he had from the first fight.

So yes, I say Tarver is a better fighter at LHW because of those first two fights."

Number of those posts made means nothing. Everyone who posts their opinion is subject to one simple rule: your not the ultimate autority. REsults are. And results state that Roy won the first fight, and lost the second fight, period. You saying Yes to anything means really nothing.

"RJJ also fought a guy that likes to grapple more than he likes to box. He was fortunate enough to get a ref who broke up the clinches instantly, something that I wish would happen in all of Ruiz's fights. Outpointing Ruiz doesn't mean much when other heavyweights like Tua put him away in 16 seconds, and when the rest of the heavyweights have a far different style. RJJ beating Ruiz doesn't mean he would beat Tyson, Lewis, Vitali, Wladimir, Golota, Sanders, etc. since their attributes and mental outlooks are so different."

NONE of your above post negates the point of my post, which is RJJ's speed. His speed in the HW division is second to none, save bird. And since when are we trying to equate the strength of Tua against the speed of JOnes? If we want, we could do so easily. Tua is 10 times as stong as Roy, and Roy is 10 times as fast as Tua. There. Point still reamins, that Roys fight in the HW division proved one thing: speed does mean something. It means the diff between victory and defeat in the HW division.

"The Tarver fight proved RJJ doesn't really even have a great LHW chin, I'd hate to see what happened if one of the above landed something solid on Roy."

That whole statement is retarded. Jones handled COUNTLESS Tarver Punches. This one punch just happened to be perfectly timed, and with perfect angles and body positioning. Striker, are you now going to tell me a punch is a punch, based upon who is throwing it? Fucking please, I will shread that arguement, over and over and over. Beautiful punches that end in KO's are simply moments in time, where one fighter managed to put it all togeather for a moment. Some fighters can string those moments togeather, and are thus called KO artists. Some only have off-and-on moments in this realm. Tarver knocking Jones out on proved one thing: it was a beautiful punch, well timed, at the right moment. The rest of your arguement sucks ass, just like Tyson.

Hell hath no fury like a striker who finally has his long term and hard stance on a fighter justified...