Road House Movie Review: ‘Horrendous’ Remake proves McGregor ‘can’t act,’ may appeal to ‘virgins and WWE fans’

He can act the fuck outta gay cowboy roles tho

Saw it last night at an early screening. Was free and something to do. My review.

NOPE. that ain’t it.

When it hits streaming do yourself a favor and watch the original instead.

5 Likes

road house is out on streaming sites now
i watched half so far
if i was 18 i would like it as much as i liked the original back then

Jake seems more of a tough guy than that Dirty Dancing guy.

Can these fucks make any new movies? All they do now is do sequels, prequels, “universe” expansions, etc…

This is gonna suck and they should have put a bullet in all the Star Wars shit ten years ago.

Don’t get me started on the past few Halloween movies.

3 Likes

As I’m posting in the OG, full of flaming homos, I will get heat for this, but here we go: the original sucked. The script is ridiculous beyond redemption (really!!), zero subtlety, zero surprises, cliche galore. That you find Swayze hot doesn’t change that ha ha

5 Likes

Having grown up in the 80s I’ve enjoyed many classics. I obviously always knew about Roadhouse but have never actually seen it.

Wasn’t on my radar as a kid and it doesn’t really appeal to me now that it’s become some kind of cultish meme.

Maybe I’ll see it one of these days. But I definitely won’t be seeing this remake ever, with 100% certainty.

as an old man, i agree, it sucks, super cheesey. almost comedy

but at 18, it was awesome

1 Like

it’s bad… so bad that i regret torrenting it.

1 Like

1 Like

@ConorWinsTheRematch might cry himself to sleep again…

1 Like

My only opinion is that Tognoni stopped yet another fight too late.

2 Likes

Do you think Dana even believes this at this point

2 Likes

Can confirm. The movie is terrible.

2 Likes

I thought Connor stole thd show every scene he was in. Ive paid to see much worse movies, and there wasn’t any additional charge to watch on Prime. I enjoyed the movie even though nobody’s winning any Oscars anytime zoon

5 Likes

Heard a rumor Dana might also be starring as a villain himself in another upcoming movie.

Apparently Dana may appear as Dr. Evil’s twin brother in a 4th Austin Powers film.

2 Likes

It was like “Steven Segal Movie Camp” for these guys, obviously.