Rogan getting Connor on the podcast. Hooray!

Jake Mango @JakeMango27 6 Oct u must get on the podcast!!!

Joe Rogan @joerogan 6 Oct  working on it!

Conor McGregor @TheNotoriousMMA 4h Looking forward to it Joe!!

Powerful!!!

Should be good.

neddac - I wonder will we get any deeper into Joe’s obvious distain for the Irish. He has spoken on his podcast about his Irish Dad and Grandfather and from the sound of it, I wouldn’t blame him.

I suppose we shouldn’t really discuss it here, as Joe’s a reader, but I’ve always wanted to see a witty Irishman bring him back around. Unfortunately, I think McGregor’s going play into the exact stereotype that Joe has in his head for we Irish, that of a muck savage with little to add, intellectually speaking. Hope I’m wrong.

You are wrong.

neddac - I wonder will we get any deeper into Joe’s obvious distain for the Irish. He has spoken on his podcast about his Irish Dad and Grandfather and from the sound of it, I wouldn’t blame him.

I suppose we shouldn’t really discuss it here, as Joe’s a reader, but I’ve always wanted to see a witty Irishman bring him back around. Unfortunately, I think McGregor’s going play into the exact stereotype that Joe has in his head for we Irish, that of a muck savage with little to add, intellectually speaking. Hope I’m wrong.

It's weird that you would think that because Conor comes off as a pretty well spoken and intelligent young man, imo. Phone Post

goocher -
neddac - I wonder will we get any deeper into Joe’s obvious distain for the Irish. He has spoken on his podcast about his Irish Dad and Grandfather and from the sound of it, I wouldn’t blame him.

You are wrong.

I hope so aswell. Phone Post 3.0

neddac - 
neddac - Just re-read the above, far too negative. I'm sure McGregor will be one of the best JREs in a while but I'm right on Joe's disregard for the Irish. Any fan of the podcast will have picked up on it.

<br />
Yeah, I agree, he is witty. He'll bang the Irish Drum, watch Rogan's reaction.<br />
<br />
I'm not saying he's wrong. Anyone in that situation would be the same but I suppose we'd like to claim him as our own once in a while, given he's half Irish with an Irish surname.<br />
<br />
Again, I re-iterate, this isn't a big deal and I won&rsquo;t argue with anyone about it, it&rsquo;s just something I've picked up on. Kinda sorry I brought it up.</blockquote>

i don't know about that, rogan just seems to be a firm believer of stereotypes.

He talks about italians a lot more than irish, and it's usually in a somewhat negative way.

Either that or he's just joking, he is a comedian afteral.

Cant wait for the his.. massive fan of the podcast and Conor so we should be in for a treat. Im also Irish but I dont think joe has bad vibes on us.. he can only go by experience's and the usual stereotypes.. he toured ireland years back.. I cant remember with what comedian.. an American livin in ireland anyway.

Bring on the Notorious one. Good shout Mr Rogan Phone Post

I think he toured with des bishop (if anyone cares lol) Phone Post

I guess I never picked up on Joe's negative feelings towards the Irish. Phone Post

Will need closed captioning for this ep Phone Post

neddac - "I guess I never picked up on Joe's negative feelings towards the Irish."

No, not negative, just a bit more dismissive than the norm for an American with Irish ancestry. (Now there's a stereotype!!)

Apologies, I didn't word my first post very well.

I thought I've heard Joe basically be dismissive of caring about heritage entirely not just his own Irish one.

Joe didn't seem too upset when Conor draped that tri-colour around him. Phone Post 3.0

neddac - "I guess I never picked up on Joe's negative feelings towards the Irish."

No, not negative, just a bit more dismissive than the norm for an American with Irish ancestry. (Now there's a stereotype!!)

Apologies, I didn't word my first post very well.

No..it's cool. I'm not Irish nor am I offended. Phone Post

SN moved to conspiracy ground - Joe didn't seem too upset when Conor draped that tri-colour around him. Phone Post 3.0

Just had  visions of Joe taking the flag off his back, ripping it in half, throwing it to the ground, and spitting on it. 

This should be good. Looking forward to hearing it!

I also think people might see a more humble side of Conor.

Only if they don't talk MMA for the whole podcast!ha

Either way it'll be a good oul convo! Phone Post 3.0

JMO_LOL - 209 Phone Post
Where you at? Phone Post 3.0

MysteriousNinjaFromMars - 

Nah the only thing I can think of him saying that could be perceived as negative toward us Irish is that the food over here is bad , the women are ugly and the norther Irish are hard to understand.

And as a man from northern Ireland he's right on the money for the most part (there are some fantastic looking women, but sometimes they do just look like a guy has decided to wear his sisters clothes).

Haha di the di di sitiation :), there are a lot of beautiful and bet down Irish women, but America is the same with a lot more people so do that math there joe :D, ninja are you Irish or British and I only ask because I love Irish food or may be its cause I grow up eating dinners from the best cook alive today.

Fuck this man Conor is smart as fuck, smart enough to get into the UFC, smart enough to speak on tv so people understand him(because I'm sure thats not the way he talks when he's with his mates) and smart enough from a very young age to know to follow his passion instead of sticking out being a plumber just for a wage, IF he's not well educated( that's if) who gives a shit he's fight smart an it shows when he does his job, and honestly he strikes me as the type that if he wants or needs to know something he will learn until there's no more to learn, but that's just my view. I think Conor will be great on the show and fuck it he's still a kid really in fairness.

BrattMamley -

Jake Mango @JakeMango27 6 Oct u must get on the podcast!!!

Joe Rogan @joerogan 6 Oct  working on it!

Conor McGregor @TheNotoriousMMA 4h Looking forward to it Joe!!

Powerful!!!

Praying for Nick Diaz soon. Phone Post