Rogan owes Schaub an apology

His last few fights have been awful. He doesn't look like he is on the same level. Yet his confidence is way up. He needed a reality check like it or not. Watching him take beatings then hearing him say he won or it's the refs fault, and he wants to fight better guys is what is truly painful. Phone Post 3.0

Funny to hear Rogan at the beginning of the podcast chastise Bryan Callen and make him seem like a dick for asking Brendan, so soon after his loss, how he got uppercutted … and then immediately launch into a brutal, 45 minute lecture on all the reasons Brendan will never make it to the elite level.

While Schaub chose to have the conversation about his loss, it was painfully obvious that he didn't expect the conversation to go where Rogan was taking it. Not the sort of thing to do on air.

this is mma u win or u lose.Browne is clearly top 5 in the world NO shame in losing to him.Rogan is not his coach and was out of line

misterw - Funny to hear Rogan at the beginning of the podcast chastise Bryan Callen and make him seem like a dick for asking Brendan, so soon after his loss, how he got uppercutted … and then immediately launch into a brutal, 45 minute lecture on all the reasons Brendan will never make it to the elite level.

Yeah, that was strange. You could tell Joe was coming into this podcast a little irritable and was feeling combative.

This was the wrong time, place and tone for this conversation. You don't shit on a guys skills two days after a TKO loss.

misterw - Funny to hear Rogan at the beginning of the podcast chastise Bryan Callen and make him seem like a dick for asking Brendan, so soon after his loss, how he got uppercutted … and then immediately launch into a brutal, 45 minute lecture on all the reasons Brendan will never make it to the elite level.
Exactly Phone Post 3.0

Schaub seems fine with the loss. He seems OK physically, he still communicates well and has his senses intact. We all get that he's not top-tier, but if he is able to get opportunities to do what he loves doing then more power to him. Maybe he will improve, maybe he won't. There are plenty of guys that are not top-tier fighting in UFC. The UFC was revived by two TUF guys fighting each other who were not top-tier.

I'm not a fan of the guy or his fighting but I don't see the purpose of an analytical, highly-detailed, dressing down of why he sucks and why he should probably quit.

Joe Rogan acted like a prick

jonnierockets20 - Too much, too soon, and public. Low class move, then hides behind the friend card. Friends don't humiliate like that.

I lost a fight once in pretty bad fashion and I had a student tell me "what happened in there" and he told me how he brought his friends to watch me and everything. What a shitty feeling I had. And Schaub just got hammered. That was bullshit Phone Post 3.0

I think more people in contact sports need a friend like Joe who is willing to tell it like it is.  Maybe guys like Junior Seau or Chris Benoit would still be alive.

Part of Rogan's intentions were surely good. But Rogan is also indeed somewhat of a prick who thinks he's smarter than everyone around him, and gets off talking like that before an audience. Rogan came off like a douche IMO. Phone Post 3.0

Joe Rogan is not an elite comedian. He'll never be a George Carlin or Richard Pryor. As a friend, it's painful to watch him try. He'll never cross that bridge, so maybe it's time for him to stop trying to be funny.

PeteyWheatstraw - Joe Rogan is not an elite comedian. He'll never be a George Carlin or Richard Pryor. As a friend, it's painful to watch him try. He'll never cross that bridge, so maybe it's time for him to stop trying to be funny.
Bet ya he wouldn't be as cool as Big Brown if someone dumped that in him for 40 minutes. Joe is legit but made a bad move here Phone Post 3.0

Criticism about his performance is one thing.

He completely and unnecessarily tore him to shreds. It's unfortunate, but I lost a lot of respect for Joe after that.

No fuckin way did he have to say all of those things live. Phone Post 3.0

Simen - While he may have had some valid points, that came across more condescending than genuinly concerned to me. At least for the part i managed to listen to. Phone Post 3.0

Jah Phone Post

da Vinci 81 - I think rogan is genuinely concerned about his friend and maybe being so brutally honest on air was done to really hammer it home. He said schaub has a fairly big ego and maybe a conversation in private wouldn't have had the effect he wanted. Doing it in a public forum makes it hard for Brendan to hide from the truth and that might have been done on purpose.

I think he was also doing it for any other friends/coaches of fighters listening as well. If he's willing to tear someone down on air maybe others need to be willing to speak up when it's time for someone to get out too. Phone Post 3.0
I think this too. Phone Post 3.0

Rogan has been more hostile and argumentative in the past year. Maybe he upped his TRT intake Phone Post 3.0

Brendan agreed to talk about the fight. That doesn't mean he was expecting an intervention.

That wasn't the appropriate venue.

I'm a big Rogan fan but I have a feeling if he isn't the toughest guy in the room he will try and tear you down another way. I feel he was just waiting for Schaub to be at a weak point and went for the kill. I could be wrong. Phone Post 3.0

The whole LIVE part is the thing I personally don't like.  Whether it's right or wrong, I dont know.  Was just a little hard to watch, but tons of great points.

Rogan did schaub a favor. I'm surprised he didn't tell him to find a new camp as well because that fight with Browne was literally a repeat of AA Phone Post 3.0