Rogan owes Schaub an apology

Also, I would love for someone here to say schaub beats Werdoom, Cain, JDS, Hunto because he can't. What's he gonna do? Fight mitrione till he fulfills his contract? The guy is hilarious and would do absolutely great as an analyst and podcast work. I'm a brownie and want to see schaub do bigger and better things without getting hurt in the process. Phone Post 3.0

AndrewJitsu -

The whole LIVE part is the thing I personally don't like.  Whether it's right or wrong, I dont know.  Was just a little hard to watch, but tons of great points.

Right but rogan repeatedly said that schaub wanted to do it live. Rogan did not want to go live and say what he wanted to say. Phone Post 3.0

Was that the forum to have that discussion?  I think if you ask either guy today, they would both agree that it wasn't.  But apparently Schaub wanted to have it on the air, so they did, and Rogan openly voiced his opinions.  Everyone, including Schaub, can argue those opinions but Schaub wanted them expressed on that platform.

The one thing that stood out to me in the entire 90 minute discussion, was when Joe asked Brendan how he thought he would do in a pure wrestling match against Cain.  Schaub's response was "I think people would be surprised."  That in itself, should show people just how far out of touch he is with reality.  And if he thinks that, you know he has to believe he is on JDS' level in boxing, and Werdum's level in BJJ.  And I think Joe's point is, it's Schaub's inflated ego, or false sense of reality, that is going to keep him fighting and eventually get him badly hurt.  Joe's just trying to bring him back down to earth, and save the guy from himself...as any true friend would.

misterw - Funny to hear Rogan at the beginning of the podcast chastise Bryan Callen and make him seem like a dick for asking Brendan, so soon after his loss, how he got uppercutted … and then immediately launch into a brutal, 45 minute lecture on all the reasons Brendan will never make it to the elite level.

I thought the same thing.

Joe knew what he wanted to convey but it was done in a manner that made Callen and Brendan cringe. Joe picked up on the vibe and rolled into the head trauma speech in an attempt to smooth over the faux pas.

Let's say Brendan insisted on discussing it live and Joe says listen bro...I don't want to. Joe is an adult and no one can force him into doing that. I got the impression Joe was a little bit perturbed or frustrated and the words got out before he fully considered what impact they were going to have on Brendan, Cullen, or his audience.

Joe is a dude like any other. We sometimes say shit we regret. Gotta cowboy up, make it right, and move on.

EckY - I know they agreed to talk about the fight but I think Rogan kind of blindsided him with the you will never be top level, may as well just retire talk.
Truth hurts, friends tell it how it is. Phone Post 3.0

I am not a Schaub fan at all but Rogan was a little out of line. If Schaub should retire because he'll never be the champ and he's going to take head trauma, then so should 90% of all MMA fighters and we wouldn't have much of a sport to speak of.

It doesn't matter if Schaub will ever be top 5 or anything. You don't put him out in public life that even with his permission. A FRIEND should know this. Phone Post 3.0