Rogan: 'UFC/MMA in general is a steroid epidemic"

Simen - What is the difference between this new testing and "the gold standard of testing" they had a couple of years ago? Phone Post 3.0
I think the tests are getting better. Was anybody popped for HGH or EPO before Chael? I don't think he knew they could even find those at the time. Phone Post 3.0

DevilsAdvocate -
Simen - What is the difference between this new testing and "the gold standard of testing" they had a couple of years ago? Phone Post 3.0
I think the tests are getting better. Was anybody popped for HGH or EPO before Chael? I don't think he knew they could even find those at the time. Phone Post 3.0
From what i could find out the tests fir HGH improved greatly in 2012. The olympics have been testing for EPO since early 2000s though.
A couple of years ago Dana claimed they had the gold standard in testing, then a year ago he said that the UFC had been cleaned up as evidenced by no one getting caught anymore. I am just curious about what happened between then and now. Phone Post 3.0

Simen -
DevilsAdvocate -
From what i could find out the tests fir HGH improved greatly in 2012. The olympics have been testing for EPO since early 2000s though.
A couple of years ago Dana claimed they had the gold standard in testing, then a year ago he said that the UFC had been cleaned up as evidenced by no one getting caught anymore. I am just curious about what happened between then and now. Phone Post 3.0
Dana is gonna Dana. Phone Post 3.0

Quite humorous coming from a guy who admittedly isn't natural.

Ministry of Truth - Quite humorous coming from a guy who admittedly isn't natural.
He doesn't physically damage other human beings for a living though. He's experimenting with his health, not with beating the fuck out of someone. I'm not necessarily on his side either. I signed the petition, I'm all for it. The only way to be fair is to allow everything. Phone Post 3.0

DevilsAdvocate -
Ministry of Truth - Quite humorous coming from a guy who admittedly isn't natural.
He doesn't physically damage other human beings for a living though. He's experimenting with his health, not with beating the fuck out of someone. I'm not necessarily on his side either. I signed the petition, I'm all for it. The only way to be fair is to allow everything. Phone Post 3.0
While i agree with your point, i think it's also symptomatic for the whole culture when everyone from the commentators, announcers and fighters all the way up to the owners are using. It doesnt exactly send a great message to up and coming fighters about the moral implications. I wish Rogan would spend one of his podcasts discussing this and maybe other aspects of UFCs business practices and ethics as well. For someone who sees themselves as an independant and critical thinker, its hard to imagine he doesnt have some qualms about how they have been running their business the last few years. Phone Post 3.0

why is it that NFL players dont get popped more often?is their testing regimen a joke or what?id love to see what dana and lorenzo have in store for future testing because the stricter it gets, all it means is the more fighters wil be caught and we will be out of more fights..

if i was at 170 division and a guy like hector Lombard was caught using steroids, id be pissed and be very tempted to start using them too...Lombard is already a freak athlete and specimen so steroids added to the mix make him a killer...its a domino effect, one guy gets popped so everyone else thinks they must use them in order to keep up..at this point, i believe that is whats happening..

"Anderson was coming back from an injury, and the way I understand it, he tested positive for metabolites,” “It was leaving his system, a very trace amount. If that was the case, it could be that he got on some steroids to recover quicker. Because what steroids do, is they allow you to recover quicker."

I couldn't read past this. This is so ignorant and idiotic it's beyond belief. How Rogan could have been covering the sport this long and not understand what a metabolite is is beyond me. Unless I'm misunderstanding him, since it sounds like he's implying testing of a metabolite means trace amounts or that it's "left the system," both incredibly erroneous statements

Well he is way off on the Silva thing about using it to heal up. His leg has been healed for months prior.

As for the using it as a Dr Feelgood. Comes back to one of the same issues about all the injuries, people are over training.

JOESONDO - 
Joe Rogan -
HefX - "As time goes on, they’re going to create more powerful, crazy sh-t, and it’s going to get to the point where you’re going to test negative because it’s not in your system anymore, but your body will forever change"

Homeostasis...how does it work?! Phone Post 3.0

I'm referring to genetic modification.  It's currently being discussed as a potential issue in the future, and some people suspect that certain Chinese athletes have already engaged in it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2181873/Genetically-modified-athletes-Forget-drugs-There-suggestions-Chinese-athletes-genes-altered-make-stronger.html

Sounds awesome. Where can I get some? Phone Post 3.0

Do you want buckets of cancer? Even limiting to somatic cells, gene therapy is pretty damn far off from being used in anything, but desperation scenarios.

Huge advancements really recently, but faaarrr off

I don't mean to be too much of a dick, but Rogan always does this and it drives me nuts. He says he knows nothing about a topic making him seem humble, but then he talks very very confidently on the subject, without even bothering with a basic google search lol

It's like all the podcasts where he's discussed anti-vaxxing, then does dumb shit like look up the abortion of a court case where they settled for reparations, then claims that's proof vaccines maybe cause autism. He also looks up the old clinical trial that was recanted IIRC in one episode lol

DevilsAdvocate - 

I agree, although I'm being critical of Rogan here, I think it's a dick move to claim because he used he can't judge. Rogan's always been open about his drug usage and has never claimed moral high ground over people who use, simply people who use AND compete. Very different situation Rogan is in, and stupid to claim it's humorous/ironic/hypocritial..e.tc

Bry Bry - why is it that NFL players dont get popped more often?is their testing regimen a joke or what?id love to see what dana and lorenzo have in store for future testing because the stricter it gets, all it means is the more fighters wil be caught and we will be out of more fights..

if i was at 170 division and a guy like hector Lombard was caught using steroids, id be pissed and be very tempted to start using them too...Lombard is already a freak athlete and specimen so steroids added to the mix make him a killer...its a domino effect, one guy gets popped so everyone else thinks they must use them in order to keep up..at this point, i believe that is whats happening..

NFL testing is a joke. They only did piss testing all these years until this season. Now this season they are able to take blood samples and testing for HGH via a isoform test.

Now how they do it, is a computer picks 40 players ( out of 1600 ) randomly each week. Something like 5 per 8 random teams.

Thats their "testing". Any new forms of testing via blood has to go through union approval though.

Simen -
DevilsAdvocate -
While i agree with your point, i think it's also symptomatic for the whole culture when everyone from the commentators, announcers and fighters all the way up to the owners are using. It doesnt exactly send a great message to up and coming fighters about the moral implications. I wish Rogan would spend one of his podcasts discussing this and maybe other aspects of UFCs business practices and ethics as well. For someone who sees themselves as an independant and critical thinker, its hard to imagine he doesnt have some qualms about how they have been running their business the last few years. Phone Post 3.0
This VU Phone Post 3.0

Interesting discussion.

In. Phone Post 3.0

Joe Rogan - 
HefX - "As time goes on, they’re going to create more powerful, crazy sh-t, and it’s going to get to the point where you’re going to test negative because it’s not in your system anymore, but your body will forever change"

Homeostasis...how does it work?! Phone Post 3.0

I'm referring to genetic modification.  It's currently being discussed as a potential issue in the future, and some people suspect that certain Chinese athletes have already engaged in it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2181873/Genetically-modified-athletes-Forget-drugs-There-suggestions-Chinese-athletes-genes-altered-make-stronger.html

Discussed mostly by Rogan with any podcast guests that he can get to listen.

great post

If your life's goal is to get the gold, you're going to do everything you can to get that gold.

That's your life's goal, FFS.

People at the highest levels of athletics don't have a say in what they're given, they just take it on the advice of their medical team.

Just saying.

Mertvaya Ruka - All those in favor or stopping testing altogether should watch and listen what Rogan has to say.

If left unchecked, it will lead to athletes getting supernatural strength where death and severe injuries and way more likely to occur.

To me, it's totally an irresponsible position.

This is the dumbest thing ever. If a Welterweight get's so juiced that he gaines 20 lbs of muscle, he doesn't become super human, he simply turns into a light heavyweight with shitty cardio. 

How is getting your ACL repaired by the best doctor money can buy not way less fair than taking something that let's you recover faster in camp?

I like Joe Rogan, but sometimes he says the dumbest shit. This is a guy who's life benefits greatly from steroids, and a bunch of other performance enhancing drugs, he should AT LEAST be telling people that they should be fully legal in this country. No way some kid out in some random gym who wants to look better should be jailed.

And I guarantee the minute it becomes legal and all the people outside the sport are better athetes than the ones inside, MMA will get rid of testing in a heartbeat.

DevilsAdvocate - 

He is a representative of the sport and clearly appears unnatural, regardless of the fact that he is open about it. I agree with Joe that the sport is experiencing an epidemic, but he is a part of the steroid epidemic that society is experiencing as well.

Rogan, Dana, and the Fertitas have all ballooned up with muscle as they have gotten into their 40s, which suggests they couldn't do it when they were younger and likely natural. Look at some of the old Dana/Rogan pics and you will be amazed. These guys are role models whether they like it or not, and the younger audience is getting the message loud and clear.

They might not be beating people up for a living but they do work for the company that employs people who beat each other up for a living, representing it as PED users themselves. Ironic.