Roger Gracie TV discussions: Site Videos

walbjj - The question needs to be asked. Is it just training, or is Roger trying to actually finish the guy?

It wouldn’t make for very good footage if Roger is just bashing everyone. Perhaps Roger is just training and “allowing” the opponent to work their game and it allows Roger to work his counters.

Often when training with less skilled. Opponents, it’s easy to. Just enforce ur own game which nullifies any attacks by the opponent, but if u allow the opponent to control the flow, then it completely changes the dynamic

Thats how Roger got so good. When he came over here we had very few people over blue belt. He would put himself in tricky spots and figure out ways out of it. These days he finds your absolute best game and lets you do it and still reverses or escapes it and counters. He rarely makes mistakes because his technique is so flawless. If he’s in a bad spot he usually put himself there. 

walbjj - The question needs to be asked. Is it just training, or is Roger trying to actually finish the guy?

It wouldn’t make for very good footage if Roger is just bashing everyone. Perhaps Roger is just training and “allowing” the opponent to work their game and it allows Roger to work his counters.

Often when training with less skilled. Opponents, it’s easy to. Just enforce ur own game which nullifies any attacks by the opponent, but if u allow the opponent to control the flow, then it completely changes the dynamic

It’s important to note he is training with some very high level black belts in these videos and good brown belts. Haven’t seen any blue or white belts in his Rolls to be honest.

I pick up a lot from watching him. He is going 75-95% depending on which person he is rolling with. I enjoy them.

I do wish they would put dates on them and a way to tell of you have already seen them yet as well as a way of making comments or notes on each video. 

Judge Mental - 

It’s important to note he is training with some very high level black belts in these videos and good brown belts. Haven’t seen any blue or white belts in his Rolls to be honest.

I pick up a lot from watching him. He is going 75-95% depending on which person he is rolling with. I enjoy them.

I do wish they would put dates on them and a way to tell of you have already seen them yet as well as a way of making comments or notes on each video. 

My only complaint about anything I've seen from roger is that he makes things look so simple. It's a standard looking move that you've seen a million times and it can be difficult to see that small detail that seems to make all the difference.... How do you feel about the vids that he's teaching on this site. Do you feel like you're getting some subtle insight or do you feel like you already know this move and it just doesn't seem to work as often for you?

I feel he's sharing all the details. There's a great 15 min long vid on mount control, with a shorter followup on getting and maintaining high mount which have some key details I've never seen before. And in typical Roger style, are bloody obvious and simple when you see them.

James

Meatgrinder - 
Judge Mental - 

My only complaint about anything I've seen from roger is that he makes things look so simple. It's a standard looking move that you've seen a million times and it can be difficult to see that small detail that seems to make all the difference.... How do you feel about the vids that he's teaching on this site. Do you feel like you're getting some subtle insight or do you feel like you already know this move and it just doesn't seem to work as often for you?

i feel like the same vids that are put out for free and are 2 mins are 12-15 mins on his pay site and go into that exact detail you're talking about.

Personally I find the site helpful and little nuances of how he controls people I am picking up more and more of daily. My game is improving. That's about all I can say. My arthritis however, is not.

How about those rolls with Rafael Lovato???!??!?

Roger was def not trying to give him any space at all. Man that pressure is rediculous. 

Firther confirmed a couple of things for me.

1. Rafael is definately one of the GOATS

2. Rogers game is incredibly simple and his guard passing is very old school like Roy HArris

3. I would have loved to have seen Roger x Rodolfo. I think that's the one guy that could have given Roger some real trouble. He steamrolled everyone and one of the few guys beside Roger to tap Buchecha and Lovato.

Has anyone tried Renzo’s new online monthly subscription? They are rather secretive about the price and you have to give e-mail for a free trial, before you can find out.

HotSteppa - Has anyone tried Renzo's new online monthly subscription? They are rather secretive about the price and you have to give e-mail for a free trial, before you can find out.

Meh..I’ve done the Galler thing for a bit. I get more out of Rogers personally. Renzos is a bit too busy for me

Roger x Braulio

https://www.rogergracietv.com/video/roger-sparring-31/

Judge Mental - 

Roger x Braulio

arg... requires membership.

Meatgrinder -
Judge Mental - 

Roger x Braulio

You can just do a month for $15 too

Roger is my all time favorite. Just the way he makes everything look so simple makes you think, hey I can do this lol.

I’ve tried to train with Roger twice, once in 2009 and then I dropped in at his academy a second time last month… each time he wasn’t there :frowning:

Did get some good rolls in with a few brown belts last time.

NicolasRGC - Roger is my all time favorite. Just the way he makes everything look so simple makes you think, hey I can do this lol.

I’ve tried to train with Roger twice, once in 2009 and then I dropped in at his academy a second time last month… each time he wasn’t there :frowning:

Did get some good rolls in with a few brown belts last time.

I hear he teaches like 4-6 of the classes each week. 

Judge Mental - 
Meatgrinder -
Judge Mental - 

Roger x Braulio

$19.99

Meatgrinder - 
Judge Mental - 
Meatgrinder -
Judge Mental - 

Roger x Braulio

$19.99

1 beer.

i got it during Black Friday deal. $150 for the year

I missed him yesterday at out winter grading still sick with a chest infection pretty gutted as he brought Mauricio too.

Do you know how humble and ego-free Roger has to be to allow this video of him and Braulio to get put out there for his subscribers?

Another testament to how GREAt Braulio actually is. IMO. One of the best ever. There is a reason he is Rogers best training partner. Steel sharpens steel.

https://www.rogergracietv.com/video/roger-sparring-022/

None of you guys have a membership?

Can anyone tell me what Rogers dad said to him here about Roger grabbing the belt? It looks like he stopped the roll and said take your hand away from there, don't grab my belt like that.

https://www.rogergracietv.com/video/roger-sparring-018/

I guess no one does...

I didn't want to jump in until it sounded like he had a decent amount of content.

I also wanted to wait on some feedback...As awesome as his bjj is. I'm skeptical of what I would get out of his vids. He doesn't suprise me with a move that I've never seen (which is fine). However, he teaches a move like you don't know it. And that's fine to learn the basics of the move.... I just want to learn the nuances of how he's so damn good at it. That stuff often isn't visibly different.