Roger Mayweather trains fat people at Wands

Roger is one funny guy... He has some good lines at 24/7 for Marquez - Floyd fight.

Roger: Who is the best latino fighter?
Some guy: Oscar?
Roger: what the f**k did you just say?

Was this a private group lesson? Or was it the beginner's class at Wand's? If it was the latter, then I'm seriously shocked that Roger is teaching this class.

I would've thought he'd be working exclusively with the advanced classes and pro fighters. Some of those guys in that vid looked like they had just learned how to throw a punch.

soldave - hahah unreal they dont know how lucky they are :(

No kidding, that video was shot in day 1, many people stopped coming to the boxing classes because "Roger Mayweather was too hard"

People even started complaining to the management, about how they didn't like Mayweathers style of coaching.

Complete bullshit, I suppose some people just dont like being coached by the best. 

BrazilianBomber - 

No kidding, that video was shot in day 1, many people stopped coming to the boxing classes because "Roger Mayweather was too hard"

People even started complaining to the management, about how they didn't like Mayweathers style of coaching.
Complete bullshit, I suppose some people just dont like being coached by the best. 

LOL...the vast majority of people have absolutely no idea how tough real boxing and MMA training is. Most just want to look the part.

BrazilianBomber - lol, Its funny trying to picture Wand using the philly shell defense.

lol that would be wild to see

BrazilianBomber - 

That direct, take no shit attitude is what I loved about the atypical old school boxing coaches and Roger brings that front and center.

It seems like the more time passes, the more pussified men get in the States, I swear. Roger brings a TON of knowledge and technique that more than likely cannot be equaled by anybody in MMA or Boxing, really. Seriously, I’d punch my mama square in the jaw to have a week of private training courses with that man.

If they’re complaining then really, they need to STFU!!

@2:05 mark someone needs to make a GIF image so it looks like he's dancing!!!!!!!!!

I loved watching the Black Mamba fight. He had amazing defense.

i hate when people stand around... that is always the first sign to me that the instructor is not very good. Mayweather does know what he is talking about, he has just never been in this situation before.

gave kit props. cool.

that vid was weird to watch. hard not to be jealous.

jkd4200 - i hate when people stand around... that is always the first sign to me that the instructor is not very good. Mayweather does know what he is talking about, he has just never been in this situation before.

Oh please.

Mayweather was going one by one, giving each a private lesson.

I'd rather have a 10 min 1 on 1 lesson with Roger Mayweather, then a 1 hour lesson of having instructions barked at me while I hit a heavy bag.

jkd4200 - i hate when people stand around... that is always the first sign to me that the instructor is not very good. Mayweather does know what he is talking about, he has just never been in this situation before.

troll troll troll ur boat

BrazilianBomber - 

Oh please.
Mayweather was going one by one, giving each a private lesson.
I'd rather have a 10 min 1 on 1 lesson with Roger Mayweather, then a 1 hour lesson of having instructions barked at me while I hit a heavy bag.

Brazilian Bomber- Does Roger still plan on teaching at Wand's when PBF isn't in camp? I noticed his name has been taken off the site.

Say what you will about the Mayweather's but they've forgotten more about boxing then most of us will ever learn.

BrazilianBomber - No kidding, that video was shot in day 1, many people stopped coming to the boxing classes because "Roger Mayweather was too hard"

Are you serious? Damn that is sad to hear.

Mayweather can be a dick, granted. He's rough around the edges, isn't gonna coddle you and he is going to yell at your ass when you fuck up. (Judging from the video he is going to whap you in the head with the mitts too when you drop your hands. lol)

But that's how they did it back in the day and frankly it seems like a small price to pay to learn what he has to teach.

Oh well. Maybe they can get a Richard Simmons type in there who is as knowledgable as Roger. Except with a sunshine and rainbows attitude.

nice Vid

Ryan MacLeod - 
HELWIG -  Its not that most are clueless.

Many great fighters started out sucking.

Its that theyre clueless, all 30-40 white guys paying top dollar to train at Wand's, many are out of shape.......and their boxing is being coached by Roger Mayweather, coach of undefeated world champion Floyd Jr.

Thats like me going and swimming twice a week for recreation and getting Michael Phelps to offer me tips in person as I do this.

Or like a 40-year-old blue belt paying for a private from Rickson?

Not everyone wants to be a pro. Doesn't mean it's weird if they're willing to pay money to rub elbows with the best.

So you're saying their boxing skills are the equivalent of a blue belt's BJJ skills?

i like the way he teaches. the man knows his stuff. i didn't see anything wrong with the way he was working those guys. he only trains one of the best boxers of all time,so i'm sure he knows what he's doing.

BrazilianBomber - 

You have got to be an idiot to complain about having ROger Mayweather as a boxing coach. Unbelievable

HELWIG -  Its not that most are clueless.

Many great fighters started out sucking.

Its that theyre clueless, all 30-40 white guys paying top dollar to train at Wand's, many are out of shape.......and their boxing is being coached by Roger Mayweather, coach of undefeated world champion Floyd Jr.

Thats like me going and swimming twice a week for recreation and getting Michael Phelps to offer me tips in person as I do this.

Welcome to capitalism. If you can afford the best trainers (and more often then not, 30-40 year olds have more disposable income than 20 year olds), as often or not you'll get those trainers. If you could afford to pay what he wanted, Phelps would probably be happy to give you tips.

The main problem is that quite often, someone who's a great coach for top level athletes is not nearly as good when coaching beginners or recreational athletes.