Romero: Kennedy cheated before stoolgate incident

At worst, you cannot declare Kennedy was PURPOSELY committing the "foul".

At best, you have to admit Romero's corner's actions were highly suspicious.

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand -
Hate420 - Glad to hear him finally admit he cheated. He can blame the cut man all he wants, but even before they had to call the cut man back in to get off extra vasoline, he was already refusing to get off the stool, that just prolonged it. Even after that, he had to be told by BJM 3 times to turn around and fight while he stood in his corner with his arms on top the cage holding him up. That was dirty shit, I don't care how any excuses he comes up with. Phone Post 3.0
Where did he say he cheated at any point lol?

Ppl like you who can't accept they are wrong when the facts are out and end up fabricating information are baffling to me.

Kennedy cheated and Yoel should've gotten 5 minutes to recover.

Stop living in denial. Phone Post 3.0
You again? Any time a thread pops up with Kennedy in it, you're there to shit on him. Quite pathetic actually.

Everything in my post is fact, whether you like it or not. And yes, he admits it in a blame everyone else kinda way.

Doesn't matter, anyone with sense knows who really won that fight. And he loses to anyone ranked higher than Kennedy as well. After Jacare strangles him, he'll be looking for new cheating methods to get ahead again. Phone Post 3.0

Hate420 -
Hate420 - Glad to hear him finally admit he cheated. He can blame the cut man all he wants, but even before they had to call the cut man back in to get off extra vasoline, he was already refusing to get off the stool, that just prolonged it. Even after that, he had to be told by BJM 3 times to turn around and fight while he stood in his corner with his arms on top the cage holding him up. That was dirty shit, I don't care how any excuses he comes up with. Phone Post 3.0

Ppl like you who can't accept they are wrong when the facts are out and end up fabricating information are baffling to me.

You again? Any time a thread pops up with Kennedy in it, you're there to shit on him. Quite pathetic actually.

Everything in my post is fact, whether you like it or not. And yes, he admits it in a blame everyone else kinda way.

Doesn't matter, anyone with sense knows who really won that fight. And he loses to anyone ranked higher than Kennedy as well. After Jacare strangles him, he'll be looking for new cheating methods to get ahead again. Phone Post 3.0
Lol what?

I've been in one other thread about Kennedy pal, maybe two and I have nothing against him, he's a great fighter.

I also like how you tried saying I have some kind of personal problem with Kennedy, then immediately thrash Romero and go as far as saying he's going to be 'choked out'.

Hypocrisy. Phone Post 3.0

After the ref motioned for the third round, what happened before was irrelevant.

You can't keep harping "shoulda, coulda, woulda" and pretend the outcome isn't a win for Romero.

Fuck ups on all sides. Move on. Phone Post 3.0

Hate420 -

Lol what?

I've been in one other thread about Kennedy pal, maybe two and I have nothing against him, he's a great fighter.

I also like how you tried saying I have some kind of personal problem with Kennedy, then immediately thrash Romero and go as far as saying he's going to be 'choked out'.

Strangled, I said he was going to be strangled. And yes, I can't root for cheaters, guess that makes me a hypocrite. Phone Post 3.0

Hate420 -
Hate420 -

Lol what?

Strangled, I said he was going to be strangled. And yes, I can't root for cheaters, guess that makes me a hypocrite. Phone Post 3.0
Strangled, choked who gives a fuck it means the same thing.

Kennedy cheated by grabbing his glove.

I'm not saying that what happened in between rounds wasn't strange, but Yoel should have been given 5 minutes to recover from the shots he took.

Rules are rules. Phone Post 3.0

Kennedy is the biggest whiner ever.

Romero will be champion in 2015. I bet Weidman already has nightmares. Phone Post 3.0

Hate420 and soul gravy clearly have agendas and no amount of logic or reason will change their already predetermined opinions on this subject.

BirdWatcher -
Soul Gravy - 
BirdWatcher - 
Soul Gravy - 
BirdWatcher - @Soul gravy

Does this gif paint a more fair unbiased view of the incident to you? Phone Post 3.0

Yes, and completely exonerates Kennedy. Thank you very much for posting it.

The original gif makes it appear that Kennedy is holding on to Romero's glove. As we can obviously see from the extended clip, Kennedy actually begins by holding Romero's wrist. Inadvertently his hand slips down in the heat of battle and you can see his pinky and ring fingers caught in Romero's glove. You can also plainly see that Kennedy is not gripping with his thumb and pointer finger...you know, the fingers necessary for actually gripping something. I think we can all agree if his intention was to actually make a grip on Romero's glove, he would not have chosen such weak fingers with which to make it (and not even enough fingers at all--you can't hold someone's glove with two fingers). What we have here then is a momentary case of accidentally having his fingers caught in Romero's glove and nothing more. You can even see him trying to free his hand.

For a look at blatant illegal uniform gripping, see Anderson Silva against Chael Sonnon. That man knew what he was doing.

I'm actually quite impressed with your case, bravo sir. Although I agree that Tim wasn't purposely planning to grab hold of the glove and cheat the evidence shown here in the gif on page 2 of this thread clearly shows that Tims fingers position provide an element of control  of his opponent Mr. Yoels arm. You have gone on the record here at the world famous Underground MMA forum stating, and I quote:

" his hand slips down in the heat of battle and you can see his pinky and ring fingers caught in Romero's glove"

" he would not have chosen such weak fingers with which to make it "

" a momentary case of accidentally having his fingers caught in Romero's glove "

These statements provide by you, Soul Gravy, have without a doubt incriminated Mr. Kennedy to the act of commiting a foul under the rules of the octogon. All fighters are reminded of said rules before entering into to combat in the UFC. Whether these actions were intentional or not is of no concern as its the act alone and not the intent which is cause for a foul thus providing the victim the right to a 5 minute recovery break. Precedent has been set on numerous occasions regarding punishing foul as to intent. Strikes to the groin region has been committed by multiple fighters in multiple fights and have been the reason for stopping the action to give the victim time to rest before resuming the fight.

1. Intention should definitely be taken into account. An accidental foul does not and should not carry the same weight as an intentional foul.

2. There is both precedent of intent being used to determine the legitimacy of the foul and for the lack of response to intentional and unintentional fouls. Allow me to elaborate.

Fence grabbing is a foul. Grabbing the shorts of your opponent is a foul. Faking injuries (groin shots and eye pokes are most common--why hello there, Mr. Koscheck) is a foul. Strikes to the back of the head are fouls. And for each of these there are numerous examples of failures by the referee to intervene and/or offer any sort of recovery period to the injured party. When even blatant fouls often go unpunished, can you really make a case for punishing Kennedy's obviously unintentional incident?

Therefore I state Kennedy's foul was unintentional, momentary, and overall made little impact in the fight. During the entirety of the foul, Kennedy himself was attempting to rectify the situation without the intervention of the referee. I see no alternative but to declare him innocent of this charge.

Mr. Gravy.....I have reviewed your claims closely and by most accounts agree with them. I am now compelled to remind you of the case in question as I feel you have strayed off course. Let me present yet another quote from you taken from page 1 on this thread, and keep in mind this is your first post in response to reading Mr. Romeros story. 

"Yoel is a piece of shit cheater. And no, Kennedy did not grab the glove. We've been over this already."

You clearly state without any doubt that Kennedy did not grab the glove and even mention that you've discussed this in the past indicating that your thoughts in the matter have been reviewed many times over. On top of this statement you choose to try and discredit Mr. Romero by refering to him as "a piece of shit cheater" in an effort to make your case more believable to the forum noobs and casual fans alike who don't know him as well as they should before passing judgement.

It seems now in your last post that you not only have completely changed your opinion on the matter but are now trying to plead for mercy towards Timothy for his careless actions inside the cage. I present another quote.

"can you really make a case for punishing Kennedy's obviously unintentional incident?"

This is clear evidence that you have now gone back on your initial accusation against Yoel. The fight is now months in the past. Neither fighters were penalized except by people like you, you and others like you who are so quick to point blame and judgement against those who put their very health and well being at risk to bring us entertainment. In closing I see no reason to have this debate go any further as the evidence speaks for itself. It is obvious that after all the controversy and media exposure the only fact that remains is that Tim Kennedy got KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT by Yoel Romero. I am happy to listen the trusting members of the UG state their opinions on the matter if they feel it is needed.

BirdWatcher

This seems the only response to that: http://i.imgur.com/kasEVCD.gif Phone Post 3.0

The thing that is lost in all this mess is that Romero was dominating that fight.

Whatever you think of what went on, Romero looked like the better fighter.

everafter - 3 months for Romero to come up with this? c'mon... any fighter would object immediately if that was done to him. I know kennedy haters have to save their fathead's face for so flagrantly cheating but it's childlike. holding down a fighter's hand is allowed. maybe fathead fans have x-ray vision and can see fingers inside the glove in several seconds of fierce action and moving around. 30 extra seconds is indisputably against the rules. It was up to romero if it really occurred to say something and he didn't cause it didn't happen. and thanking Jesus at the end for his cheating was really repulsive. he's latching on to what the kennedy haters have been putting out there cause he wants a little press for his fight. Look forward to him being owned by jacare.

Hi Tim!

Can we get this man a green name already? Or at least a camouflage name?

Kennedys cheating gave him a direct advantage over Romero. Romeros cheating had no direct advantage over Kennedy, its not like Tim was forced to run sprints while Romero sat on the stool, he got the same 30 second rest Romero did

At the end of the day, round 3 started with both men having an even chance of winning. Romero beat him down into the fetal position

End of story, better man won

"He was holding my glove illegally. When I'm against the cage, Tim Kennedy held my glove and when he holds the glove, he got lucky and I escaped before the referee saw it. Then I did it to Kennedy. When I did it to Tim Kennedy, he told the referee, 'He held my glove."

Haha. That's a funny bitch move. Love how he admits he held the glove right back - honest at least. Tim taddled on him. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the help Birdwatcher. Phone Post 3.0

Feed Romero to machida. Phone Post 3.0

Deaner - Hate420 and soul gravy clearly have agendas and no amount of logic or reason will change their already predetermined opinions on this subject.
Actually we are the only ones with common sense on this thread that can evaluate the situation without our blind hatred for Kennedy getting in the way of rationale. Phone Post 3.0

Hate420 -
Deaner - Hate420 and soul gravy clearly have agendas and no amount of logic or reason will change their already predetermined opinions on this subject.
Actually we are the only ones with common sense on this thread that can evaluate the situation without our blind hatred for Kennedy getting in the way of rationale. Phone Post 3.0
Lol what an incredibly hypocritical post. Phone Post 3.0

No matter what Kennedy did beforehand, two wrongs don't make it right. If Kennedy then is a cheater, Romero certainly joined the club. He will always be that guy that sat on his stool too long, for whatever reason he might have had. We see finger pokes, short grabs, cage grabs and the like, but we've never seen a guy just blatantly not wanting to get off his chair like that, it was just one of those moments.

I think it's better for both fighters to just move on from this, no one is a winner.

Soul Gravy -

Does this gif paint a more fair unbiased view of the incident to you? Phone Post 3.0

The original gif makes it appear that Kennedy is holding on to Romero's glove. As we can obviously see from the extended clip, Kennedy actually begins by holding Romero's wrist. Inadvertently his hand slips down in the heat of battle and you can see his pinky and ring fingers caught in Romero's glove. You can also plainly see that Kennedy is not gripping with his thumb and pointer finger...you know, the fingers necessary for actually gripping something. I think we can all agree if his intention was to actually make a grip on Romero's glove, he would not have chosen such weak fingers with which to make it (and not even enough fingers at all--you can't hold someone's glove with two fingers). What we have here then is a momentary case of accidentally having his fingers caught in Romero's glove and nothing more. You can even see him trying to free his hand.

For a look at blatant illegal uniform gripping, see Anderson Silva against Chael Sonnon. That man knew what he was doing.
The FACT of the matter is that thise shots were still ILLEGAL even if it was inadvertant. Accidental nut shots give u 5 minutes. Accidental knee to the head gets u 5 min.

Either way the shots were illegal and youre a moron. 1st u say ted didnt grab his glives yet its been the replay is clear. Now u say ut was an accident.

Just admit that u were wrong and that kenedy did grab the glove albeit by accident.

Again the shots he landed were illegal regardless. Idiot Phone Post 3.0

kingkoopa -
Soul Gravy -

The FACT of the matter is that thise shots were still ILLEGAL even if it was inadvertant. Accidental nut shots give u 5 minutes. Accidental knee to the head gets u 5 min.

Either way the shots were illegal and youre a moron. 1st u say ted didnt grab his glives yet its been the replay is clear. Now u say ut was an accident.

Just admit that u were wrong and that kenedy did grab the glove albeit by accident.

Again the shots he landed were illegal regardless. Idiot Phone Post 3.0
*tim Phone Post 3.0