Ronda's Corner Gambling Question

Just a question about Ronda stating that her corner gambles on her fights. This got Pete Rose a lifetime ban when he admitted to gambling on games he coached although he never gambled on his team to lose. Is this common place in boxing/MMA because I cannot think of any other sport where it is okay for a coach to gamble on their own team/player. To me it just creates room for gossip/accusations when and if a fighter loses.

They're betting on her to win, if she loses how would that create speculation? Phone Post 3.0

I think its an Armenian thing. Or they're degenerative gambling junkies.

Pretty sure rose bet on them to lose. Phone Post

The only issue I see is that of fighter safety. If not only the ref but also the corner is responsible for fighter safety, they have an additional conflict of interest as far as throwing in the towel if their fighter is hurt and should quit.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Pretty sure rose bet on them to lose. Phone Post

No he didn't. 

He bet on them to win. 

Betting at all is not allowed in baseball--it can alter how he manages games, how he uses players, whether he leaves a pitcher in for that extra batter--despite that making him unavailable for 3 days. . . etc.  It tampers with the integrity of the game.

waves at Mace. Hey Boo!

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

If their betting 20k I hope they at least are betting on her to win by submission to bring the odds down somewhat manageable. I believe that's atleast at -350 and I don't see her winning any other way obviously.

I guess the question would be should it be illegal for a coach or corner person to bet on a fight they are cornering?

A corner has a direct impact and can decide the outcome of a fight, for example, a corner can throw in the towel and end a fight. For that mere reason alone, wagering should be not be allowed by any sanctioned corner people.

BoxingIsDead - A corner has a direct impact and can decide the outcome of a fight, for example, a corner can throw in the towel and end a fight. For that mere reason alone, wagering should be not be allowed by any sanctioned corner people.
That's why you can't bet against your corner. Phone Post

What about fighter safety, it has already been mentioned about a corner throwing in the towel. What if a corner has a large sum placed on their fighter and the fighter is in danger of getting hurt and under normal circumstances the corner would throw in the towel but since their money is on the line they hesitate and risk further injury to their fighter? Should fighter safety play a role in this?

Hey Cindy-O!

Edmond's money from Sesame Street allows him to do these types of things, as long as he's not betting on her to lose it's alright.

An interesting debate. Some great comments. I for one believe it should not be allowed, if you want to keep the integrity of your sport intact. It doesn't matter if the bets are for or against your fighter.

Shame about the casual attention seeking 'funny' racism dickweeds. Phone Post 3.0

BoxingIsDead - A corner has a direct impact and can decide the outcome of a fight, for example, a corner can throw in the towel and end a fight. For that mere reason alone, wagering should be not be allowed by any sanctioned corner people.
They are betting on her. Why the fuck would they throw in the towel. Shut the fuck up Phone Post 3.0

ProctorMMA - Edmond's money from Sesame Street allows him to do these types of things, as long as he's not betting on her to lose it's alright.
This Phone Post 3.0

SpicyTaco20 - 
They are betting on her. Why the fuck would they throw in the towel. Shut the fuck up Phone Post 3.0

are you retarded?

knee smash -
SpicyTaco20 - 

are you retarded?
Yes he is or he is 12. Knowing her team an that Edmund will lose money if she fails just makes me want tate to win even more Phone Post 3.0

It should be ILLEGAL!

You want to know why? Theres a fucking prop bet that if the fight makes it to the 3rd round you get +300. I think Miesha to win may be at +600 so if Ronda decided to carry Miesha for 3 rounds or god forbid let Miesha win her corner would walk away with some nice cash. I cant believe some ppl in this thread are disputing whether this is shady or not.