Rosenthal here

Josh - You are an excellent ref. It's a tough job in there and you are one of the best!

Setree - Dan holding the fence, nothing?

Shogun holding nothing, warning?

Regardless, sound work!

Dan got warned Phone Post

Setree - Dan holding the fence, nothing?

Shogun holding nothing, warning?

Regardless, sound work!

i remember 2 warnings in the fight. But if he has to come around the guys to monitor the aciton on the other side, not like he can leave one eye to monitor fence grabbing. They both know the rules, they were just being sneaky.

and the five rounds thing was funny, I dont recall ever hearing a ref talk to himself in a fight. I lold.

Awesome work josh you have the control and judgment to make or break fights. There is nothing worse then "what if's" after a fight, and when you or herb are the officials I can rest easy. Thank you for your hard work we appreciate you. Phone Post

best ref, any of those other bums from that night would have robbed us of this fight

TTT Phone Post

Josh, you are the man! Sick job letting Shogun recover and saving an amazing fight. Phone Post

You da man Josh! Keep up the fantastic work Phone Post

TTT for pic or gif of Dan giving the 3 more rounds signal.

You are an excellent referee, great work as always! Phone Post

josh you are the best referee in the business ever. i have been watching this sport since dam near inception and have seen alot of refs and you sir are by far are the best third man i have watched. I am glad i get the chance to thank you and let you know the great job you have done in the past and the future events that we all get to watch and feel comfortable that the ref wont screw up the outcome of the fight. Thanks for knowing your job and being the best.

signed, a true hardcore fan.

Whats crazy is if Josh had stopped it in the 3rd I don't think any one would be complaining. But letting it go was clearly the right decision. And you can see if you rewatch that Josh is seconds from stopping it a couple different times there. Well done sir.

Top Refs IMO:
1) Herb
2) Rosenthal
3) Yamasaki

2nd is the best. Phone Post

one of the best refs if not the best atm, been a fan for awhile now, must be amazing having the best seat in the house, for such a great fight

You're by far the best ref in the game.

You and Herb are the only refs I trust. When every other ref stops something it's always on a premature basis and we're always left guessing.  

The MMA world is filled with refs that like to stop things as soon as any substancial amount of damage happens, simply look at the Cung Le fight where the ref stopped the fight for a flurry to the back of the head. Refs are supposed to be invisible and 90% of the time these other guys like to put themselves in the middle of the action disrupting the fight.

There are 2 refs who make the right calls and you are one of them. Thanks for not cheating us out of one of the best fights in history.

I wish you and Herb were the only refs in the business.

Fantastic job! Thanks for letting the war continue... Phone Post

Josh Rosenthal... a great referee. Not a great Jew though with all those tattoos.

Take this shit off the thread ^

PHENOMENAL job refereeing. I would have stopped it there in the moment. Instead you allowed them to give us history.

Thank you. Phone Post