Rosie sexton takes a shot at Rogan on twitter.

Kirik -

Rosi scores higher on an IQ test than anyone in the sport. However, there is a growing awareness now that simply because a fighter can take any more punishment, doesn't mean they can.

A big cut over the eye will stop a fight even if the fighter can continue because of the danger of nerve damage over the eye. The long term dangers of head trauma manifests themselves only years later, but need to be taken into account.

And you would think the 'smartest fighter in the UFC' would know that. Phone Post 3.0

I got a chuckle out of "using correct grammar and punctuation is a waste of brain power".

Turns out it's OPs IQ that is in question anyway. Applying for a job with UG news?

You dummies are really arguing that getting a phd doesnt require intelligence? Especially a phd in FUCKIN THEORETICAL CS?! I always here about so-called "elitist" intellectuals, but despite working towards my phd in a related field Ive yet to meet these white collar folks that look down on the blue collar. Yet one doesnt have to look very far to find blue collar folks or business assholes hating on those who chose to pursue science. Getting a PhD in one of the sciences is fuckin hard even if youre very smart, so fuck off with that "educated dont equal smarts" bullshit. Phone Post

Bearded Collie Herds Orca - 

You dummies are really arguing that getting a phd doesnt require intelligence? Especially a phd in FUCKIN THEORETICAL CS?! I always here about so-called "elitist" intellectuals, but despite working towards my phd in a related field Ive yet to meet these white collar folks that look down on the blue collar. Yet one doesnt have to look very far to find blue collar folks or business assholes hating on those who chose to pursue science. Getting a PhD in one of the sciences is fuckin hard even if youre very smart, so fuck off with that "educated dont equal smarts" bullshit. Phone Post

agree with this. educated at minimum = intellectually capable.

uneducated does not = smart either.

percentage of educated people that are also smart compared to percentage of uneducated people that are smart....it'll be pretty lopsided.

Kirik - 

Rosi scores higher on an IQ test than anyone in the sport. However, there is a growing awareness now that simply because a fighter can take any more punishment, doesn't mean they can.

A big cut over the eye will stop a fight even if the fighter can continue because of the danger of nerve damage over the eye. The long term dangers of head trauma manifests themselves only years later, but need to be taken into account.

so now we are going to stop all one sided fights?

i guess leben loses to akiyama now instead of pulling off a triangle at the end

i guess chael beats silva instead of silva winning by triangle with 1 minute left.

standing up and being fully aware and even attacking back in that round...this is absolutely NO reason to stop a fight.

if they are going to be sexist and say "i cant stand to watch a woman get beatup" then don't fucking have a women's divsion

these women are not going to be models. let them fight and put food on the fucking table.

and how do you say they have had enough??? how? a girl's nose is bloody? i mean, she was in it the whole time but outmatched.

this is just garbage.

Sexton is missing the point. The effects are cumulative not acute. You think Ali or Chuck stepped out of the cage after a brutal battle and started slurring? Phone Post

Nexuscrawlers - 
Pitbull3744 - 

Personally i might get hate for this but i dont like Joe Rogan at all, and i am starting to really dislike his commentary.  

i really like joe rogan, but his commentary really pisses me off nowadays. i used to like it, but now it just makes me yell at the TV for every UFC event.

too much hyperbole, too much saying what fighters should do imo.

I watch UFC's muted it's become so bad.

Powerful DJH -
FOX Force Five - 
Powerful DJH - 
FOX Force Five - The grammar used in the OP, is not a perfect match for Rosie's facebook post.

Your right I fucked up . the last part didn't copy and paste and I thought I copied it exactly. 1000 pardons. Phone Post

Had you not posted it here, I would have missed it on FB, so thanks to you.

I like Joe, but I think it's a amusing remark from Rosie.

I figured I'd own up to it THEN edit it. Kinda a major fuck up quoting some one wrong but it was honest mistake. I think its correct. Phone app for droid blows dicks.

Fuck you're apology. Phone Post

I obviously missed something, why is this news?

Huge fan of joe Phone Post 3.0

Kirik - 

I think it's pretty silly to assume that Rosi has a higher IQ than anyone else based solely on the fact that she earned her phd. All that proves is that she was willing to stay in school longer than most people. Additionally IQ doesn't really mean anything. I suppose she kind of proved that by stating she had a higher IQ than Joe as ineloquently as she did.

Bearded Collie Herds Orca - 

I think "Anti-intellectualism" is the phrase you're looking for. It's one of the reasons our country is floundering in math and sciences compared to the rest of the world, when we used to be a leader.

I made a pretty good living in IT and still had time to trane, spend time with the GF, take days to goof off when I felt like it. Then I decided to go back and finish a degree and with just 15 credits of sciences (Biochem major) it was like working 80 hours a week. I'm still a year out, and I don't even want to think about what grad school will be like.

Neil Hall is a good ref...he's not a bad ref at all and is one of the best in england

i dont think it should have been stopped.

joe rogans an idiot...as is dana white

IQ does mean something. It's a test that measures certain capabilities in problem solving and comprehension. That may not mean anything to you I suppose, but it is not objectively meaningless.

And a PhD is not just about "hanging in there". That's like saying becoming an Olympian is just about how long you decided to stay in your sport. People try and just can't cut it.

"HexRei - I don't think it's a matter of sides. She has a PhD. I like Joe and all, he's witty and knowledgeable about MMA, but she's definitely smarter than him, there's not really a lot to debate about that particular issue. More education does not mean smarter. Except that it does. The process for getting a PhD is rigorous and couldn't be done without superior intelligence."

Exactly, most people of lower IQ will make statements such as these to discredit the IQ level needed for a masters or PhD. It seriously can not be compared to your studies at Subway's sandwich university.

Frames4Life - 

Sick of this bullshit about fights needing to stopped.

If someone's still attacking and still defending, let them fucking fight.

The pussifucation of this sport is incredible. It's like a PG cartoon caricature of the sport that rose to popularity. Phone Post

this!!!

Well played on the response Joe, glad you didn't take offense.

thread should be changed to:

OP misquotes doctor and outs self as slack jawed retard

get on wit it son

Poet of Gore -
Kirik - 

so now we are going to stop all one sided fights?

i guess leben loses to akiyama now instead of pulling off a triangle at the end

i guess chael beats silva instead of silva winning by triangle with 1 minute left.

standing up and being fully aware and even attacking back in that round...this is absolutely NO reason to stop a fight.

if they are going to be sexist and say "i cant stand to watch a woman get beatup" then don't fucking have a women's divsion

these women are not going to be models. let them fight and put food on the fucking table.

and how do you say they have had enough??? how? a girl's nose is bloody? i mean, she was in it the whole time but outmatched.

this is just garbage.

Those are two awful examples you used to support your post. Silva took very little head trauma and Akiyama was just as gassed as Leben was. Kirk is talking about when a fighter is completely outclassed and they've become a punching bag. When that happens it's incumbent upon the fighters corner or ref to save that fighter from him or herself and stop it. Phone Post

I'm sensing a real push from the powers-that-be for us to accept this idea of stopping a fight earlier than has become common.

I have a feeling the decision has already been made and some new criteria for a ref to stop the fight will be rolling out within the next year or so. It's not going to stop the crowd from booing but there will be plenty of talking heads on here parroting these same arguments.

With Joe's cumulative knowledge of fighting via the tae kwon do circuits over the years, he's black belt in 10th planet jiu jitsu, plus his consumption of Alpha Brain. I'm with Rogan on this one, he was concerned for her well being Phone Post 3.0