rothwell stoppage SUCKED!

He was improving his position and standing all the way up when mazz rushes in....cmon mazz these are fukin heavyweights they are gonna get hit!!!!!

Ben was takin shots but he wasnt hurt,  the reffing just sucks overall.

These guys careers are at stake, just sucks to know a guy went thru 8 weeks of training to get his chance to fight taken away

Maybe, some people think it could have been called in the 1st round though. 

rothwell should be thanking mazagatti. He was getting pounded before steve came in. That one of worse whoopings i've seen in the UFC in some time.

Sure if he was hurt, stop it, he was getting up while getting punched. People getting hurt don't do that, they go down, not up.

im not saying he wasnt gonna lose... but its mma and he showed alot of heart taking shots and when he was escaping the bad postiion by fully standing is when it get stopped ...that sux

Rothwell had him just where he wanted him.

He was hitting Valesquezs fists with his face repeatedly, Valesquez was in serious trouble and will be nursing those fists for weeks.

almost funny how he stopped it the second ben got up

That was a bullshit stoppage, he wasn't hurt and was improving his position. Mazzegatti was a bit trigger happy.

Definitely a bad stoppage. Could be a mercy stoppage if you look at it that way. Cain was just completely embararasing Rothwell. Made him look like the big lumbering unathletic schoolyard bully.

It was a bad stoppage, but I think that there was at least one time that it could've been stopped in the first. It was horrible, but it wouldn't have ended any differently.

Bad stoppage...He was fine, defending himself and improving position..

he was getting pummeled but he was STANDING UP

mazz needs to be fined!

No doubt Cain was well on his way to winning, but shit like that is just bad for the sport. Cain doesnt look like he has the best chin, every time Ben got to the feet he had at least a puncher's chance. Mazzagati ruined what may have turned into FOTN for all we know.

Rules are rules, and he did a terrible job of enforcing them. Actually, he flat-out changed the rules in the middle of the fight.

That said, I'm officially impressed with Cain. Holy shit that dude is ruthless.

I dont care how badly he was being dominated, in MMA a guy always has a chance. Sucks to see Rothwell get stopped early but I can understand what the ref was thinking. Rothwell took five good shots to the face.

Had he even been in that fight, I could understand the bitching.

i understand the stoppage he was taking abuse. what i dont understand is why he stopped it when he did. if ur gonna let a guy take abuse and he is getting up at least let him get up and see what he has left. ufc was a let down last night

WrestlingSucks - I dont care how badly he was being dominated, in MMA a guy always has a chance. Sucks to see Rothwell get stopped early but I can understand what the ref was thinking. Rothwell took five good shots to the face.

The Sakuraba/Galesic fight last night is a good example of a fighter having a chance while being dominated.

WrestlingSucks - I dont care how badly he was being dominated, in MMA a guy always has a chance. Sucks to see Rothwell get stopped early but I can understand what the ref was thinking. Rothwell took five good shots to the face.

I think u meant 500

He should have been given the benefit of the doubt and given every chance to win that fight.

He was the Co-Main event, let them fight. Those shots weren't hurting him.

Dana is right.

Immaculata - He should have been given the benefit of the doubt and given every chance to win that fight.

He was the Co-Main event, let them fight. Those shots weren't hurting him.

Dana is right.

LOL @ "those shots weren't hurting him."

This place cracks me up sometimes...