Round 1 could be scored a 10-7?

er095 - I had it 10-8 Maynard. No way can it be 10-7. Frankie got caught 1:15 into the round leaving 3:45 remaining Maynard was all over him up until the last minute of the fight completely dominating. In the last min Frankie got some of his legs under him and Maynard slowed down giving Frankie a chance to mount some offense with strikes, even doe nothing seem to hurt Maynard. According to rules of totally dominates to give a 10-7 you can not. He was totally dominated for 2:45 of the round actually. overwhelmingly dominates yes so i scored 10-8. Its gonna be real rare to see a 10-7 in mma with out a round like that plus a point deduction.

Well then we get in a subjective debate of "totally dominates"...it totally dominates = to kicking ass for a full 5 minutes?

Lots of rules are subjective, hence the flaw in judging.

goeb - 

Well then we get in a subjective debate of "totally dominates"...it totally dominates = to kicking ass for a full 5 minutes?

Yeah, that's what makes 10-7 virtually impossible by the current rules. "Totally dominates," imo means that the losing fighter takes the kind of damage that Edgar took AND mounts no offense in return.

Gordo1581 - 
Humphrey - 

nobody in MMA is going to score any round a 10-7. first, it would instantly decide a 3 round fight and nearly impossible in a title fight. it makes no sense to EVER use it.  

You're so wrong.

If a fighter lays a 10-7 beatdown on someone in a 3-rounder, it should nearly guarantees a win. Unless of course they come back with a 10-7 of their own.

....and nearly impossible in a title fight.

I scored rd1 a 10-7 for Gray.

And Edgar the next four at 10-9.

The fight was decided in the 5th round on my card after a 10-7 1st. Sounds fair to me.

Exactly

I thought the first round was a 10-8 round.

If you wanna see what a 10-7 round looks like check out my first round with M16