Rousey: Cyborg will fall into obscurity without me

"I'll beat any man and armbar Mike Tyson."

"Cyborg? Nah, 10 more lbs is too much. Even though I've already fought several times at that weight and competed in the olympics at 154."

StrikingMMA - 
FOX Force Five - Ronda's opponents are superstars when compared to Cyborgs opponents.

With the exception of a declining Marloes, who has she fought of any note since 2009?

Superstars, really? People only know most of them because the UFC hyped them up. You are buying into the UFC marketing too much.

You missed the phrase "when compared"

GarlicSauce - Cyborg is Ronda's ultimate test. No matter how well she does, Ronda will never be known as the greatest if she finishes her career while ducking PRIME Cyborg (a fight with Cyborg a few years later means squat).

The only way Ronda could be ducking Cyborg is if Chris joins the 135 division and Ronda refuses to fight her.  But since Cyborg fights in another organization and at a different weight class, it's literally IMPOSSIBLE for Ronda to fight her without breaking her contract and getting sued by Zuffa.  You can't duck someone you are not allowed to fight.

Joindatedoesnotmatter - Seems like when the time is right the UFC will make this Cyborg Rousey fight.

It is just too much of a pay per view windfall to let it go especially when they don't have that many proven draws at the moment after Conor. Phone Post 3.0

Wasnt the same thing said about Silva/GSP??? The fight aint happening Rousey doesn't want to fight Cyborg

Soup and Beer - 
GarlicSauce - Cyborg is Ronda's ultimate test. No matter how well she does, Ronda will never be known as the greatest if she finishes her career while ducking PRIME Cyborg (a fight with Cyborg a few years later means squat).

The only way Ronda could be ducking Cyborg is if Chris joins the 135 division and Ronda refuses to fight her.  But since Cyborg fights in another organization and at a different weight class, it's literally IMPOSSIBLE for Ronda to fight her without breaking her contract and getting sued by Zuffa.  You can't duck someone you are not allowed to fight.

The fight would happen if the parties involved wanted it.

Neither woman wants this fight. The fact that we're talking about it, makes us marks.

Enough. Let them BOTH fade into obscurity, talking about this like it's Mayweather v Pac when it doesn't have a single digit percentage of the relevance.

When I read the Cyborg quote I saw it as a troll.
Cyborg used to be the face of wmma but her star was eclipsed when Ronda showed up.
Why did Justino dominate her competition? 20 extra lbs of muscle.Cyborg cuts weight, her competition doesn't.
Cyborgs style feeds right into Rondas game;straight forward,swinging for the fence. Borg will get taken down and armbarred just like the rest.
Ronda isn't running from Cyborg. She's going to make Justino her final fight with a fat paycheck.

Any woman who tests positive for ped's should be banned for life. Phone Post 3.0

Glovegate - "I'll beat any man and armbar Mike Tyson."

"Cyborg? Nah, 10 more lbs is too much. Even though I've already fought several times at that weight and competed in the olympics at 154."

And was willing to fight Gina Carano at 145.

This

:)

Glovegate - 
Soup and Beer - 

The fight would happen if the parties involved wanted it.

Neither woman wants this fight. The fact that we're talking about it, makes us marks.

Enough. Let them BOTH fade into obscurity, talking about this like it's Mayweather v Pac when it doesn't have a single digit percentage of the relevance.

I would agree up to a point, but would refine your statement to "let the fight fade to obscurity".  Both have made the most impact on women's mma.

tenchu -

And was willing to fight Gina Carano at 145.
She said she would entertain the idea of fighting her at a catchwright of 140. Dana said no and that it would be at 135 or no fight. Phone Post 3.0

Soup and Beer - 

But since Cyborg fights in another organization and at a different weight class, it's literally IMPOSSIBLE for Ronda to fight her without breaking her contract and getting sued by Zuffa

Soup and Beer, 

With respect, why do you constantly bring up this contract issue when it has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. I think it is very obvious that Invicta and the UFC are more than just one night stand lovers but neither care to make that public knowledge right now. 

If the UFC and Ronda are so sure that Ronda would beat Cris, the fight would have happened at 140 where neither has an advantage. The fact that the fight has to be in a weight class that Cris has never fought in is very telling about the mindset of UFC and Ronda. In my opinion, Ronda should be somewhat offended that her employers have no faith in her at 140 or 145  since Dana has said numerous times that Ronda is always asking for this fight. 

Zwingli - When I read the Cyborg quote I saw it as a troll.
Cyborg used to be the face of wmma but her star was eclipsed when Ronda showed up.
Why did Justino dominate her competition? 20 extra lbs of muscle.Cyborg cuts weight, her competition doesn't.
Cyborgs style feeds right into Rondas game;straight forward,swinging for the fence. Borg will get taken down and armbarred just like the rest.
Ronda isn't running from Cyborg. She's going to make Justino her final fight with a fat paycheck.

Zwingli, 

With respect why would you assume that  Cris and her trainers have no sense and will encourage Cris to go into a fight with Ronda without a good game plan?

Wrong. Cyborg would have fallen into obscurity if it weren't for Gina Carano.

In fact, if it weren't for Cyborg beating Gina, nobody would have been looking for a new star to promote. Gina would have brought WMMA to the UFC and all of us would be a lot happier.

Ed Okin - 

Ronda is already known as the greatest whether you want to admit it or not. She IS women's MMA. All over ESPN, magazines, network TV talk shows. Your hate doesn't matter. Cyborg needs her. She doesn't need Cyborg.

Ronda is already the greatest? Wrong. Even the UFC calls Cyborg the baddest woman on the planet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZMd1afgL3U&feature=share

So many others are also calling Cyborg the best female fighter today.

Ronda will never escape the Cyborg comparison. Even if she cleans out the division twice, all of them first round finishes, and then retires, people will still always say she wasn't the greatest if she ducked Cyborg.

You know I'm right. Put Ronda on ESPN, SI, whatever, in any discussion about her achievements, there will will always, ALWAYS be a mention of "but why didn't she fight Cyborg?". It will never go away, and Ronda will never be the greatest if she keeps fucking Cyborg.

Cyborg is the one that is ducking RR. RR is the champ why should she have to jump through hoops to make this fight happen. Cyborg has said she could make 135, even laid out a plan of doing so, so she should lose the weight and make the fight happen.

If Cyborg was the champ then she could stipulate how this fight takes place. Until RR decides that she wants to fight at 140/145 then Cyborg has to do what she can to make the fight happen. She lost all negotiating power when she got busted for PED's and lost her title.

Vancouver BJJ - Any woman who tests positive for ped's should be banned for life. Phone Post 3.0

just women?

glovegate is definitely coming off as a ufc shill. i'm seeing this guys name too much on the side of the ufc hype machine..

http://youtu.be/bjKvdP9kxvo

Can someone embedded? Phone Post 3.0

At this point it's time to admit that for all the criticism and insults that Tito Ortiz was right from day 1, that there is no way Cyborg can ever make 135. She should realize that a fight at 145 is never gonna happen and a 140lb catch-weight is highly unlikely.

Cyborg should make peace whit that and move on with her career.