Rousey: Cyborg will fall into obscurity without me

Soup and Beer - 
GarlicSauce - Cyborg is Ronda's ultimate test. No matter how well she does, Ronda will never be known as the greatest if she finishes her career while ducking PRIME Cyborg (a fight with Cyborg a few years later means squat).

The only way Ronda could be ducking Cyborg is if Chris joins the 135 division and Ronda refuses to fight her.  But since Cyborg fights in another organization and at a different weight class, it's literally IMPOSSIBLE for Ronda to fight her without breaking her contract and getting sued by Zuffa.  You can't duck someone you are not allowed to fight.

Ronda is Zuffa's sweetheart. If she really wanted this fight, Zuffa could easily arrange it.

Ray Elbe - http://youtu.be/bjKvdP9kxvo

Can someone embedded? Phone Post 3.0

Damn, and that's at 140, too.

I wish Ronda would just man up and do it. Would be an amazing fight, heck even if for the hype and expectations alone, even if the fight itself didn't deliver.

TheBigRedOne - 
GarlicSauce - 
Soup and Beer - 
GarlicSauce - Cyborg is Ronda's ultimate test. No matter how well she does, Ronda will never be known as the greatest if she finishes her career while ducking PRIME Cyborg (a fight with Cyborg a few years later means squat).

The only way Ronda could be ducking Cyborg is if Chris joins the 135 division and Ronda refuses to fight her.  But since Cyborg fights in another organization and at a different weight class, it's literally IMPOSSIBLE for Ronda to fight her without breaking her contract and getting sued by Zuffa.  You can't duck someone you are not allowed to fight.

Ronda is Zuffa's sweetheart. If she really wanted this fight, Zuffa could easily arrange it.

Absolutely. All of the rhetoric aside. Dana could just say "yer fightin'" and Ronda could either fight or go look for another line of work.

yeah...that's exactly how i remember the Randy vs Fedor thing playing out.

Karnak - 
Sunkist1207 - 
Karnak - 
TheBigRedOne - She's right, because before she came along no one ever heard of Cyborg...

End sarcasm.
        <br />
        <span class="User-349757" id="userPost54157841"><span class="User-356939" id="userPost54146907"><span class="User-349757" id="userPost54146875">You think the primary audience who watches Rousey now, would ever know about Cyborg without Rousey being here...? You act like Cyborg never went on her 5 year hiatus lol.<br />
        <br />
        Rousey doesn't come on the scene, what's Cyborg doing now..?</span></span></span></blockquote>
    <br />
    <p>
        <span class="User-349757" id="userPost54157841"><span class="User-356939" id="userPost54146907">Karnak,</span></span></p>
    <p>
        <span class="User-349757" id="userPost54157841"><span class="User-356939" id="userPost54146907">Are you referring to Evagelista Cyborg because I am not aware Cris taking a five year hiatus. If you don't mind, please share the details on this five hiatus.&nbsp;</span></span></p>
</blockquote>
<br />
<span class="User-349757" id="userPost54157841">LOL, really.... 2010 - 2015 Cyborg fought FOUR TIMES!<br />
<br />
2010 Strikeforce<br />
Marloes Coenen (3nd Rd TKO)<br />
Jan Finney (2nd Rd TKO)<br />
Then she pissed hot vs TINY Hiroko Yamanaka (NO CONTEST)<br />
<br />
Invicta<br />
Fiona Muxlow (1st Rd TKO)<br />
Marloes Coenen (4th Rd TKO)<br />
<br />
By the time she leveraged her bullshit Zuffa contract to fight two more times, it was already 2015!<br />
<br />
Being nice, forgetting the issues of missing weight and pissing hot, how is FOUR MMA fights in 5 years not anything but a damn hiatus? Seriously, without leveraging herself in a proposed fight vs Rousey, who's paying her 100k to have her headline cards facing Charmaine Tweet or Faith Van Duin?<br />
<br />
Stop playing dumb on this women's bullshit, and just be honest about the situation at hand for once.</span></blockquote>

Karnak,

First of all, if you dont mind, I will like  to point out that you are the first person to comment  on the excessive talk about Cris Cyborg in the WMMA thread but here you are...in a thread that mentions Cris Cyborg...talking about Cris Cyborg...Bizarre

Karnak- LOL, really.... 2010 - 2015 Cyborg fought FOUR TIMES!
2010 Strikeforce
Marloes Coenen (3nd Rd TKO)
Jan Finney (2nd Rd TKO)
Then she pissed hot vs TINY Hiroko Yamanaka (NO CONTEST)

Invicta
Fiona Muxlow (1st Rd TKO)
Marloes Coenen (4th Rd TKO)

According to my mathematics, 2009-2015, Cris  fought seven times and Yamanaka is a 5ft 11 145lb fighter and has fought at that weight for the majority of her career. Saying Yamanaka is tiny is comical  because all of  Ronda's opponents are smaller than her since she is probably the biggest 135lb on the UFC roster. You also have to bear in mind that no one wanted to fight Cris in SF and when Ronda was next in line, she dropped down to 135 and that is a fact. There was also a fight in the works between Cris and Erin Toughill but that didnt come to fruition and also contract issues with SF.

Karnak Being nice, forgetting the issues of missing weight and pissing hot, how is FOUR MMA fights in 5 years not anything but a damn hiatus?

Please see above. With respect, you appear to be projecting incorrect information as a fact

Karnak-Seriously, without leveraging herself in a proposed fight vs Rousey, who's paying her 100k to have her headline cards facing Charmaine Tweet or Faith Van Duin?

Scott Coker has said that money is no issue when it comes to acquiring Atthletes so if Cris did choose to go to Bellator, I am sure Scott would have paid her what she is worth since she was the highest paid female fighter in SF in 2011 and has built her brand on her name alone and without the aid of any extra PR machines . You wonder who would pay Cris $100k, the UFC are paying Cris $100k because they know how a fight with Ronda will benefit their company but lets be clear here, after the disrespectful things said about Cris, Lorenzo is the one who went to Cris to negotiate a deal...so what does that say? if the UFC didnt need Cris, Cris wouldnt be in the UFC and this wouldnt even be an issue. 

Karnak Stop playing dumb on this women's bullshit, and just be honest about the situation at hand for once.

I have always given you the facts which you choose to ignore because of your preference for Ronda and that is totally fine but that doesnt warrant disrespect from you towards Cris. I am certain that you wouldnt say anything disrespectful to her face to face

GarlicSauce -
Soup and Beer - 

I have a newsflash for you guys. Dana and the Fertitta's give less than a shit about Ronda, McGregor, or any other UFC fighter. They only care about cold hard cash.

The barriers they have with Cyborg are two fold. One, they don't have enough potential fights in the 145 division for them to open that up. Two, if they just do a one up fight with Cyborg at 140 or 145 against Ronda, what the hell do they do with Cyborg after that, win or lose? If she wins, do they just let her take the belt back to Invicta? Do you realize what a horrible business decision that would be?

Again, the talk about ronda being their "sweetheart" is riduculous. They only care about their bottom line and opening up a 145 womens division doesn't appear to be in their best interest. If it was, they certainly would have by now. They have no allegiance to any fighter on the roster. Phone Post 3.0

Karnak
Pardon me but I was under the assumption that we are still in 2015 and according to  Cris Cyborgs Mixedmartialarts.net fighter record, she fought the following opponents from 2010 to now, 2015

2010 Marloes Coenen, Jan Finny, 2011 Hiroko Yamanaka 2013 Fiona Muxlow,  Marloes Coenen 2015 Charmaine Tweet Faith Van Duin

KanakPlus the fact you'd leave out that Yamanaka had to fight a roided up Cyborg, who also missed weight for that fight, is.... well bullshit;

Here is another example of you projecting an incorrect opinion as a fact. Cris actually missed weight once when she fought Hitomi Akano in 2009 not when she fought Yamanaka. Interesting that you are resorting to calling  Cris "roided up" now that your argument is with respect  somewhat redundant.

Karnak Pro 3-0 Rousey, becomes next in line for a title fight in the 145 phantom zone, or she goes to a better weight, and competes for a belt where you can have a career out side of a one off freakshow.

Ronda moving down to 135 had nothing to do with what you mention above and I am somewhat baffled as to how you are drawing your conclusions.

Ronda was next in line to fight Cris after the Budd fight- But in the post fight interview, she says she is going down to 135 to challenge Meisha

Ronda was also seated ringside at the Cyborg vs Yamanaka fight

Ronda also stated in another interview that

"I’m planning to drop down and win the 135-pound belt before I go after the 145-pound title,” she says. “I definitely want to win both belts and be the undisputed best female fighter in the world. A fight with Cyborg would be the most important of my career, and I want to treat it like the Olympics and be entirely peaked when that time comes. The 145-pound division doesn’t really have that many women signed in Strikeforce, so I’d be better off going for the 135-pound title first. Once Cyborg and I finally fight, it would be two titleholders against each other, and the fight would even be an even bigger deal.””
http://www.insidemma.com.au/fighters/217-ronda-rousey-i-want-both-belts

Even Sean Shelby said that Ronda wasnt ready to fight Cris

Following her win over Hiroko Yamanaka in Strikeforce almost exactly a month later, Cyborg reveals that she asked to face Rousey, but didn't get the answer she was expecting.
"I don't want to talk trash about somebody, I want to prove it inside the cage. When she was in my weight class she said 'I want to fight Cris Cyborg' and when I had my last fight against Hiroko (Yamanaka) I talked to Sean Shelby, the matchmaker at Strikeforce, and I said 'I want Ronda next.' He said 'no, she's not ready for you' and after that fight she's talking bad about me but you guys protected her," Santos revealed in an interview.
"Because after my fight I told them I want to fight her and they said no she's not ready for you.

"http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/22/4136138/cyborg-santos-would-fight-fallon-fox-claims-rousey-wasnt-ready-and

Karnak Your clearly clutching at straws on much of this, but past March, NOBODY outside of Zuffa will look to pay Cyborg 100k per fight at 145; while it's pretty known Scott Coker asked other top 145ers to drop to 135 too, making ideas of 2011 Strikeforce being in a healthy place with her as it's main face, laughable.

Not denying that Scott didnt ask the fighter to go down to 135 but it doesnt negate the fact that Cris was the highest paid WMMA in the promotion regardless of how you feel about it.. With respect, your dislike for Cris  appears to be preventing you from seeing what is fact and that is Cris has never fought at 135 and the UFC know that.  If the UFC feel that Cris is worth taking the risk, pardon me but why are you so mad at Cris for that? Obviously Cris signing to the UFC is what's best for their business and with respect, no amount of ranting on your part is going to change that right now.  I find it comical that you are still having difficulty  grasping  the concept that the Cris Cyborg brand can move on  without Ronda and the UFC and MMA Fans are interested in watching her fight regardless of how they feel about her...you included :)

If you dont mind, please provide the evidence that Cris Cyborgs contract with the UFC ends in March I may have missed the thread here with the details. Thank in advance