Nah that would be more like...

Kondo/Saulo
Sakuraba/Royler
Henderson/Renzo
Sakuraba/Ryan
Igor/Bueno

SA

Kid not biased? LMAO!!!

Also remember when Margarida beat Saulo not once but twice, they don't even show the photo of him getting submitted by that baseball choke.

Also roughly Kid said that Saulo will be back blah blah blah seemingly forgetting that the man of the moment was Margarida.

"The rules are set, but the rules are not part of a contract. If that makes sence to you any"

Mike, You are telling me that rounds are not in a fighter's contract? Or just not in Royce's?

Promoting ia very hard job. This kind of thing happens at alot of shows, and we never hear about it. Behind the scenes, It is not easy to get things done like they would always want to. Fighters will make INSANE demands at the last minute, and sometimes you have to make some last minute changes. I fully beleive that Pride made the offer to Lindland just so they would have leverage against Tamura and Mino in negotiations. This is nothing new, we are just hearing about it now because Mike and others on the UG have some good connections with some of the fighters.

Tartaruga, Kid did the same thing to Bravo's win over Royler...

"Well, there's a great difference between giving out a supposedly biased report, and outright fabricating easily verified information, which is what he suggested Kid had done.

So, the title of "idiot" stands."

lol, I give him the benefit of the doubt because Peligro could possibly be omitting certain elements from the story to make it look less favorable on Yoshida's side.

I'm not saying Kid is doing such, but that it is a possibility.

"Great, you listed a bunch of flash KO's. Maybe you need a better understanindg of what "beating" means."

Its so easy to label perfectly timed strikes as "flash KO's" And how the hell was Sakuraba/Royler a flash ko? How was Kondo/Saulo a flash KO?

Ahhh, I think I understand. You mean a prolonged embarassing beating.

Kind of like Sakuraba/Royce?

SA

"And Royler vs. Sak was a testament to the effectiveness of BJJ, since a smaller man outlasted a much larger man."

Royler's BJJ had nothing his ability to last as long as he did against Sakuraba. Royler is a tough guy who is not afraid to go against larger opponents in competition. (Sperry in BJJ and Saku in MMA) He is a fighter with a lot of heart.

Second of all, Sakuraba was toying with Royler. This is obvious YF, watch the tape again. He could have finished Royler at about any time he liked.

Praising Royler for "lasting" against Sakuraba is like praising Takada for going the distance with Mirko Cro Cop.

SA

"Praising Royler for "lasting" against Sakuraba is like praising Takada for going the distance with Mirko Cro Cop"

Butt scooting is an art form unto itself!

"Who was never submitted, or knocked out by a much larger fighter who was afraid to grapple with him for most of the fight."

As soon as Sakuraba DECIDED to go to the ground with Royler he had a kimura locked in. Its not being afraid, its just strategy and making the opponent fight your fight.

"This is a matter of opinion, and cannot be verified."

Sakuraba dragged Royler across the ring, karate chopped his ankles several times, threw a bunch of spinning back kicks, axe kicked a butt scooting Royler, and almost KO'd Royler while Royler was in the defensive butt scooting position.

If thats not messing around with your opponent, then what is?

"Oh, okay, you're right, it was his striking that kept him going."

You don't get it. Not eveyrhing is about styles. IT was Royler the MAN that kept him going in that fight. Not Royler the Thai boxer or ROyler the BJJ guy or Royler the Accordian player.

SA

Maeda Mitsuyo said, "Tartaruga, Kid did the same thing to Bravo's win over Royler... "

I didn't know about that because I don't buy that mag anymore. BUt I wouldn't doubt he did it either.

Sakuraba needed only 8 seconds after the fight went to the ground to catch Royler in Udegarami. Sakuraba did not need to struggle at all to do this. He applied the armlock when he chosed to. Royler trained in submission holds for 30 years. Still, he lasted only 8 seconds before getting caught in a submission hold even though Sakuraba had only a few years of training in submission holds. This means that either Sakuraba is a genius of submission holds or GJJ is by far the most useless art in the world.

It was Royler who challenged Sakuraba. In the prefight interview, Sakuraba was saying that beating Royler is a piece of cake. Rickson was also 100% confident that Royler would win.

"This is the strategy that Sak has used against virtually every opponent that he has faced. To invoke it as some kind of peculiar tactic is comical."

Against Mirko Cro Cop, Vanderlei Silva (3x) he did not do ANY of those things I mentioned above. When Sakuraba takes an opponent seriously he loses the awkward techniques. This proves that Sakuraba does not always perform those above listed techniques. Your suggestion that Sakuraba always fights like he did against Royler is whats truly comical.

"So wait, you are suggesting that any untrained fighter off the street, who simply has a tough heart could have lasted with Sak in the same situation?"

Ok I ask you this, what BJJ techniques did Royler use to last "as long as he did" against Sakuraba.

"In fact, Royler looked completely fine, and without a scratch on his face at the end of the match."

Royler was knocked down from a headkick, from an inside low kick, an outside low kick and was kicked while in the butt scoot position at least a hundred times. His thighs looked like they had been skinned. In "The Gracie Way" Royler says that his whole body was in pain. LOL at Royler being fine

SA

LOL @ KY.

Silva carried Yocheata the first round and lightened up on him in the 2nd so he wouldn't knock him out. Royce will submit him.
Hawk

Gordon, your bias scares me.

They pay Royce twice for negotiating rules the last minute? Why dont they negotiate rules for Henderson, Renzo, Newton, Rampage, Silva, Coleman, Mino, or all other fighters? Because they dont ask for it!

Damn, your bias scares me. I, or anybody sane, would have said "why doesnt Royce fight under the same rules as others?" In case you dont know, in the last GP tornament, only tha matches Royce involved were different rules. Yes, it was a tornament. Do you know how ridiculous it sounds. Different rules for one fighter? Yeah, you would say its Pride's fault. Yeah, that's right. Its their fault. They needed Royce. They knew Royce needed a special rule. But if you know bloody that, why in the world are you blaming Pride for this freaking last minute freaking negotiation? And you are freaking questioning their business conduct? How about you questioning your own fairness, for Christ's freaking sake!

Shee, your bias scares the holy crap out of me.

Gordon-

Fighters who are more popular in Japan than Royce and who have better records do not negotiate special rules. Royce should be a true FIGHTER and FIGHT under regular Pride rules.

SA

i doubt it, that's the gracie specialty. yoshida probably doesn't feel his cardio will let him go that long without gassing if he can't submit royce in th first 2 rounds.

------------------------------------------

So Yoshida's specialty is "I don't think that I can win under those rules; I want different ones?"

I thought that this was a Gracie specialty too; but now I see that Yoshida does it as well.

Samoa.

"In case you dont know, in the last GP tornament, only tha matches Royce involved were different rules."

Actually, the final round had no time limit. Coleman/Vochanchin were fighting until there was a stoppage.

In the past, DSE has made fighters lose weight, even before their separation in classes.

The April UFC may have a slight change in rules for one fight.

It goes on more often than just with Royce Gracie.