Royler Gracie vs.J Moreira FOOTAGE

"Let see if I gt this right...
LT calls bulshit on Joe stories and show video proof.

RT resorts to name calling and chellenges him to a nhb fight, but does not refutes the claims.

Did I get it right?"

Yes, you did.

"Let see if I gt this right... LT calls bulshit on Joe stories and show video proof.
RT resorts to name calling and chellenges him to a nhb fight, but does not refutes the claims.

Did I get it right?"

"Yes, you did. "

And I could show all of you footage of a 140lbs female white belt tapping Roy Harris 3 times in a span of 10 min. Depending on who you ask some might call it competition some might call it TRAINING. No disrespect against Royler, he is a great fighter, but there is no way he would beat Joe Moreira. Just like there is no way a 140lbs female white belt is going to tap Mr. Harris. Unless they let it happen.

Think about the timeframe when this "match" with Royler happened. First, at that point no
gracie had been beaten in Jiujitsu competition and Joe was a Black Belt under Reylson Gracie, they are no where near the same weight division.

Well you guys do the math.

Jeff

Lets see;

Now someone has a tape of Rickson vs. Joe??

LT posted;

You guys make a lot of claims here and there but almost never back it up! Ok now you have some people who actually go out and compete, but rest of the crew just sits on their belts making instructional videos and shouting their mouth. When time comes to prove your claims on the mat Gorilla crew is no where to be seen. Gorilla crew rules the BJJ instructional videotapes market. Nearly every Gorilla black belt (and even some brown belts) has his own BJJ video tape series. Gorilla crew goes around the internet marketing each others videos. They go around and posts reviews about tapes done by other BJJ people. They always find some bad things to say but when they post about a video done by some other member of team Gorilla then the hype is there to be seen. Paul Viele is nothing compared to the Gorilla crew. At least Viele makes some good tapes.

At the last Pan Ams, 5 "Gorilla Crew from Arizona went and competed. Pan Ams are a pretty big tourney aren't they??

1 guy REPEATED as Champion in Blue belt and was promoted to Purple.

1 guy won his first gold.

1 guy, ME, won Silver.

2 guys won bronze.

5 Gorilla Crew, 5 medals.

LT, the only fact you have posted is that Joe lost to Royler. You then repeated what someone else wrote as a fact. Post a quote by Joe.

p.s. Ricardo would tie you in a knot and bounce you out the door.

I havent see the clip, but ...

Pdeking rules.

Hmmm..

"No disrespect against Royler, he is a great fighter, but there is no way he would beat Joe Moreira. "

I really don want to start anything here, but, are you saying that is not Joe in the tape?

That was not a demo or saprring match.
I am brazilian.
I can hear the comments of the guys on the crowd, and the guy with the camera...
That was a tournment, they called several other athletes to show at the mat, including Wallid Ismail...
That was a tournment, and that was royler, and he won, putting on a clinic.
So if you say that there is no way Royler could beat Joe (quite a strong statement, we all know Royler accomplishments, in BJJ and MMA, against heavier opponents), then you are implying that the guy in the tape is not Joe.
Is that correct?

If the guy on the tape is not Joe Moreira, then Liquid Technique is an ass for posting this, on the other hand, if it IS Joe, big deal.
ANYONE, at any given day, can lose to Royler and not feel ashamed of it.
Royler is a class act guy, that has never been afraid to put his face, his name and his record on the line, against whomever would show up.
Now, if it IS Joe Moreira and you are saying that we are looking at a demo or sparring (with referee and everything), held during a running tournment, we must be bigger fools than we think..

Joe lied.

What's the big deal?

Rickson used to claim that he never lost a match in any grappling sport.

Then comes along the story that he lost to Ron Tripp in Sambo.

After years of lying, Rickson admits it. BUT, he claims that he didn't know the rules for that tournament, so it shouldn't count.

HOWEVER, the Total Victory throw exists in all sambo tournaments. That never changes.

But Rickson continues with his lies, too proud to admit that he got punked in one measely sambo match.

. . .

The bottom line is this: Lying to inflate one's credability is a tradition in BJJ (as well as most martial arts). Learn to take people's claims with a grain of salt.

lol @ "Gorilla crew". Its sometimes more fun to sit bck and observe disputes than to be involved, which I tend to be often times.

Could Liquid please let everyone know his real name and a list of his accomplishments while competing with the gi?

The way he calls people out and tells them to compete at a higher level should only be done by a champion at the higher level. What mundial did you win LT?

Ricardo forgot to mention his recent superfight win by submission at the black belt challenge in California

"I really don want to start anything here, but, are you saying that is not Joe in the tape? "

"That was not a demo or saprring match. I am brazilian. I can hear the comments of the guys on the crowd, and the guy with the camera... That was a tournment, they called several other athletes to show at the mat, including Wallid Ismail... That was a tournment, and that was royler, and he won, putting on a clinic. So if you say that there is no way Royler could beat Joe (quite a strong statement, we all know Royler accomplishments, in BJJ and MMA, against heavier opponents), then you are implying that the guy in the tape is not Joe. Is that correct?"

I am not saying any of that just simply Joe didn't look like he was taking the match seriously.

Put it this way, I've seen both matches (Rickson vs. Joe M and Royler vs. Joe M.). There is definately a different level of intensity in both matches. The word I got was it was an exhibition. However it went down it doesn't matter, my point in all of this is that Joe is a great jiujitsu fighter and teacher, ask anyone who has rolled with him. Mr Harris has rolled with Royler, Royce, Machados, Rickson, Joe Moreira, among others. He is noted as saying that Rickson and Joe are the two most impressive people he has ever rolled with.

Jeff

My response is more to question LiquidTechnique's Joe Moreira bashing when he OFTEN goes to one of his best and most loyal students for training advice (see Roy Harris Forum). If Joe is such a bad fighter and bad teacher why is LiquidTechnique asking questions to someone who has trained with only Joe for BJJ for close to the last 10 years (maybe more).

That is my question.

What the fuck are u two talking about?!!

Ricardo, the underground is the perfect place to air your dirty laundry!

TTT!

Jeff:
Point taken, I understand.
I never met Mr. Moreira, but he is often talked about by good BB I know as being a good technician, and a good teacher.

LOL at "TALK IS CHEAP LET'S DO THIS". After the big talk it is time for LT to step up. Don´t act though if you can´t back it up otherwise you will be just another internet challenger...

BTW: Hellraiser would tie him into a knot...

cariocaJJ-

I'm glad we understand eachother. I do not wish to bad mouth anyone.

Take care,

Jeff

TTT

They both showed good technique, just about even. In a judo contest they would have been stood up and really Joe would probably have won. But the big factor in this contest was Royler's superior conditioning. Good technique and endurance, strong and flexible. Too bad he didn't go here judo. Who knows he could have made it to Brazil's National Team. Actually, I heard his judo is pretty good.

"What the fuck are u two talking about?!!

Ricardo, the underground is the perfect place to air your dirty laundry!

TTT!"

BOOYEAH!!! God bless passive aggression and instigation!

ttt