Royler-Sudo...

I'm sorry but Sudo vs Gracie was THE MOST boring ADCC match I've ever seen. Rodrigo was a lot bigger than Sudo as well. Rodrigo didn't finish him, he just layed there (I think in side control). Snoozfest. If it was MMA there would have to be a bit of GNP and there would be stand ups.

This match has the potential to top Saku/Newton for sheer awesome displays of technique. Can't wait.

rather see Penn vs Sudo or Royler rather than vice versa

Rodrigo clowned Sudo? Well if those aren't the words of a Gracie nuthugger. Rodrigo who is a couple weight classes above Sudo, did nothing but lay on him.

sudo

I would like for the Neo Samurai to win.

Sudo should be able to take this. Royler is better on the ground but I don't think it's enough of a skill difference for him to get a sub. Besides, the fight won't even go to the ground unless Genki wants it to.

i'd never bet against Royler he has too much skill

Sak didn't fight Royce for 90 minutes. He rubbed his face in the rules he insisted on for about 80, much like an abusive person does to a puppy when it shits on the floor, then kicked his ass for about 10. Give or take about 5-10 minutes. If they fought in normal Pride rules, Sak would either beat the piss out of him for the whole fight or finish it.

Genki has crazy wrestling skills.

He'll decide where the fight is happening.

royler

Sudo is awesome on the ground as well, and I think is probably stronger then Royler. Should be an interesting matchup but I'm pulling for Sudo.

J

Royler

Let me just say Genki is one of my favorite fighters out there. No one in mma combines the heart, skill, showmanship and class that he does.

That being said his grappling skill is no where near the level of Roylers. And people that think Royler can't take Genki down are wrong as well. Royler has some sick takedowns, I would still give the takedown edge to Genki but Royler has the ability to get on top as well. As far as striking Genki outclasses Royler here buy a considerable amount.

I think this makes for a great fight and I think we will see action standing, on the ground with both fighters getting top postition at different times.

Let me just say Genki is one of my favorite fighters out there. No one in mma combines the heart, skill, showmanship and class that he does.

That being said his grappling skill is no where near the level of Roylers. And people that think Royler can't take Genki down are wrong as well. Royler has some sick takedowns, I would still give the takedown edge to Genki but Royler has the ability to get on top as well. As far as striking goes, Genki outclasses Royler here by a considerable amount.

I think this makes for a great fight and I think we will see action standing, on the ground with both fighters getting top postition at different times.

Both fighters are extremely intelligent and will come in with a tight gameplan. No matter what the fans win with this one!

"Look for him to suffer the same fate as other Japanese Shooto "heroes" like Caol Uno, Takanori Gomi and Rumina Sato when they come up against a BJJ blackbelt."

WTF are you talking about? Uno holds TKO wins over Ricardo Botelho and Fabiano Iha, and a draw with Pederneiras in a fight he would've won had there been judges. He got KTFO by BJ in the first fight, but had a very even fight with him in the rematch. Franca did kick his ass, though.

Gomi beat Leo Santos and Chris Brennan. BJ beat him down, but BJ is a freak.

Rumina was the first fighter to ever submit a BJJ black belt in MMA when he tapped Ricardo Botelho. He also tapped another black belt, John Lewis. Pederneiras beat him, but not with BJJ. In fact, Rumina looked like the superior grappler in that fight. Too bad he got cocky and allowed Pederneiras to land the soccer kick from hell.

I wouldn't say the Japanese Shooto "heroes" that you named have been clowned by the BJJ black belts at all. Those Shooto fighters have a winning record over the BJJ black belts. And 2 of the 4 wins by the BJJers come from the same guy (BJ Penn).

Although Sudo's striking is decent, I've never seen him domonstrate KO ability aside fromt he spinning backfists he did in that one K1 fight. This fight will be decided on the ground where they both like to be. That said Royler by RNC.

Didn't Sakuraba armbar Conan before Rumina beat Botelho?

God I can't stand you Gracie NUTHUGGERS. Already people are getting ready with the weight advantage excuses.

Mass is correct. Both fighters are extremely technical fighters and this would be an incredible display.

My gut tells me that Sudo would take the fight in MMA. ADCC rules would be a toss up...