Russia Vs USA was AwesomE!

awesome show cant wait for the next

RESULTS!?!?!?

results

I dont know why that guy didnt fight...

The arena was jumpin! Lots of Russians in attendance...

Quick notes: Justin was getting rocked by Michail but landed some shots of his own...

Eilers was actually thrown out the ring and we didnt know if he was goin to continue but he did ...

Clementi has a heart of a lion! He was dropped twice but came back to secure a triangle victory...

I sat right next to the ring next to a russian boxing champ!

Talked to Bruce Buffer for a while and he is awesome!

Talked to Hendo for a while and hes always great!

Chael Sonnen is a good fighter and doesnt deserve alot of the shit he gets here...

Gimmie a sec and Ill post results...

Travis Wiuff def. Roman Zentsov ref stoppage rnd 2

Trevor Prangley def Andre Semenov 3rd round unamious dec. awesome fight!

Derrick Noble def Musail Alaudinov 3rd round dec

Chael SOnnen def Arman Gambaryan 3rd round dec

Sergei Kaznovski Ko'd Ron Faircloth in under 30 sec...Vicous KO

Justin Eilers Def Mikhail Bogdanov. Mikhail couldnt answer the bell for the 2nd round (leg injury) He actually threw justin out of the ring!

How impressive was the Wiuff victory?

Rich CLementi def. Segey Gloiav..verbally submitted to a triangle...

This was the fight of the night...RIch was drooped twice but came back and submitted him in the 2nd...

Sergey has aesome standup!

The russians are protesting these fights:
CLementi, Prangley, Wiuff, Noble

I also forgot Chatt LAvender def. Sergei Bal by 3rd rnd dec....

and Brian Ebersole Def. Alexi Vezelozorov 3rd round ref stoppage

Wiuff was impressive he got rocked once but took ROman down and rained HEAVY shots on Roman...

I dont know why they are protesting this one...

Roman had a HUGE cut on his forhead and when the ref stopped it he was continuoly getting hit

Prangley and Semenov went at it!!!

Each were trading blows for a while but Trevor took Andrei down at will...

They really went at it standing up...Both fighter landed heavy blows but Trevor controlled the fight and Andrei's eye was closed and he looked like he had been in a war...I agreed with the unanamious dec for Trevor

what are they protesting exactly on those 4 fights?

Here are my guesses....

Clementi vs Goliaev.....

Goliaev got out of an armbar then was in a triangle...
I dont think I ever saw a russian tap or submit but Sergey was in trouble...With the language differences who knows. But the ref said he VERBALLY tapped. Sergey was mad and isist he didn't...

Noble vs Musail....

This fight was a lot of trading kicks to the legs and flurry's that really didnt do anything.. Noble took the RUssian down a few times...It was a close dec. that went to the American. I talked to the judge I was next to and he said you're not going to win fights by kicking a guy in the leg...

Trevor vs Semenov...

Another close fight but I think the standup was equal but Trevor took him down at will...Awesome fight but it was scored close and the dec was unanimous to Trevor...

Wiuff vs ROman....Like I said before I dont think Russians quit but ROman was taking serious punishment and was bleeding profously. He was taking shot when Travis had full mount and was reignin shots down. The ref stepped in (which I think was the right thing to do) I cant speak for the Russians but I guess they wanted the fight to continue.

What happened with Joe D'arce's fight?

Did any of the russians win?

lol... And some people say that russia is one of the top countries for MMA.

there was one Russian victory

Are those the only results?

What a great show!....all the fighters showed alot of heart!!...And they banged the fights out...the fighters were barely out of the ring and Buffer was callin the next guys names...USA Ruled!!!

"obviously they didn't send their best."

It's not like the U.S had their "best" fighters either. And Semenov is regarded as one of Russia's best.

Correction: Semenov WAS regarded as one of Russia's best, until he became more interested in acting than fighting. It's become well documented that Semenov barely trains for his fights anymore because he's focusing primarily on his acting career. A damn shame.

Prangley isn't American, either. He's South African. And from what I hear, he is a major bad ass.

Well said Ryan. None of the guys tonight were Russia's top fighters. Semenov is still an A class fighter but for the last 2 year he has not been a 'top fighter' like he used to be. Still, for a guy who spends his days acting in films, he did a good job going the distance in a close fight against a man who's considered one of the best up-comers in that division.

On average the Legion Fighting Team in Russia has better fighters than Red Devil. Bring in some of those guys next time (Chalangov, Karimov, Ivlev, etc.) including Red Devil's A class fighters like Fedor, Aleksandr, Suloev and Magomedov and I promise you the results will look very different.

In any case, sounds like it was a great night of fights.