ryron, and rener gracie....where are they now?

Yeah, from what I remember Rorion was trying to change the rules at the last minute. He also wouldn't say if it's be gi or no-gi. Found this:

Brian Cimins: Please comment on the overall IGJJF rules of the match and the following statement by Marc Laimon, "I would like to know exactly what Ryron will wear. Training for Gi and no gi are 2 different sports. He already has special Gracie (IGJJF) rules, why not tell me what I am fighting against. Imagine if you show up to the world series, and the umpire says, "Today we will play using a softball". It is the same game, but the dynamics change dramatically. It should be stated what your opponent will wear!

Rorion Gracie: Marc, regardless of Ryron's outfit, expect the worst!

Who is he, Snidely Whiplash?

Wutang - Back to the Laimon vs. Ryron match real quick, I think Rorion tried to change the rules right before the match didn't he?I never saw the match - just heard about it. Lots of respect for both Gracie Torrance and Laimon. maybe both of them ,but the guy that got the rule change was marc when he turned it into a 20 min match instead of a 30 min

12 -but the guy that got the rule change was marc when he turned it into a 20 min match instead of a 30 min

The rules of the match was already changed wasn't it? It wasn't going to be a 10min superfight match with the the typical grappling rules? This was a while ago, I don't really remember much.

Wutang - 
12 -but the guy that got the rule change was marc when he turned it into a 20 min match instead of a 30 min

The rules of the match was already changed wasn't it? It wasn't going to be a 10min superfight match with the the typical grappling rules? This was a while ago, I don't really remember much.

i was going to be the rules we used at our tournie 1/2 hr match the coin toss and or 12 points needed to win.

ninja316 - for about two or three years there, they were really popular on the bjj tournament scene. ryron was the more dominant one while rener was known for his footlocks. its almost like after ryron lost to laimon, they both fell off the planet. i know that rener is really big into promoting the gracie academy. and they do teach there alot. but i havent seen them compete in forever. their younger brother ralek is the only one competing in that family...and he is doin mma. aftr the loss to marc ,ryron beat rick macauley,mike fowler,souza and a couple others by submission.

What Up Salvador!! and 12 !! Im working on a trip to the west side soon. All the best to you guys. Jordan is a great kid (young man) and is awesome on the mat. A Black Belt by 21 sounds great. Me? I have to pray for a purple by age 50!! LOL!!! Man, I wish I had found GJJ 10 or even 20 years earlier.

Rick T - What Up Salvador!! and 12 !! Im working on a trip to the west side soon. All the best to you guys. Jordan is a great kid (young man) and is awesome on the mat. A Black Belt by 21 sounds great. Me? I have to pray for a purple by age 50!! LOL!!! Man, I wish I had found GJJ 10 or even 20 years earlier.

im here rick ,if i can help let me know.hope to see you soon,aint seen you since dynamite

Recently saw Renner in a 2006 movie on cable called "Honor". He played an LAPD cop. Also had Don Frye, Roddy Piper, Funaki and some real actors.

Where are they now was the QUESTION guys:

And the ANSWER is in promoting GRACIE COMBATIVES and Gracie GLOBAL training.

I'm dying for an academy to show up in Toronto Canada. So far its pretty small scale around the world.

g2010