Sakakibara responds to dana

I really dont see sakibara saying asshole in a interview actually

no pride purses either..

"Gong Kakutogi is STILL in publication."

From my little bit of research. I have seen any new articles since 2002. I could be wrong... Even so

THE INTERVIEW IS FAKE

Don't believe everything you read. Stupid ass PRIDE fans.

"From my little bit of research. I have seen any new articles since 2002. I could be wrong... Even so

THE INTERVIEW IS FAKE

Don't believe everything you read. Stupid ass PRIDE fans. "

This is patently ridiculous...

Gryphon would have lost his reptuation a long time ago if he were posting FAKE interviews. He is very respected among the hardcore US MMA fans for giving us an inside view of the Japanese MMA scene.

Most of the stuff he translates is from "kami no puroresu" which is sort of like a pride insider magazine.

best thread in a long time =)

""Pride is way more popular through out the world than the UFC is. It is also more international, sells out bigger stadiums, and has a higher level of production and fighter pay. I don't get that comparison.""

He's referencing the rap battles between Jay-Z and Nas, which the comment before his did also, saying Dana got "Ethered". Nas released a diss track called "Ether" that destroyed Jay-Z's street credibility, and Jay-Z never really answered the track, which, in most peoples eyes, gave Nas the win.

"Gryphon would have lost his reptuation a long time ago if he were posting FAKE interviews. He is very respected among the hardcore US MMA fans for giving us an inside view of the Japanese MMA scene.

Most of the stuff he translates is from "kami no puroresu" which is sort of like a pride insider magazine. "

Who is Gryphon and what reptuation ?

Now maybe I thought too highly of Sakaibara. I didn't think he would speak like most UG members in a interview ( If the interview is real ) . I figured he would be respectful and had more class than that.

By the tone of the interview. He doesn't sound much different than Dana White.

Yeah, but he's right about Cro Cop or fedor owning anyone in the UFC.

HOJAK you DICK!!!

let's see your Broken Japanese...

Gong Kakutogi is still on the market. I bought the magazine on the weekend, and it has the interview with Sakikibara in there.

Sakakibara is a lunatic. Remember his interview on PRIDE's website about how glorious Saku's beating at the hands of Arona was? How everyone should get beaten so "magnificently" or something?

One sick puppy.

TH

Saki vs Dana main event!

"Monson by miscellaneous choke hold. "

I agree with this. I think Monson can handle Fedor.

How does Silva losing to a heavy weight hurt his light heavy weight ranking as the best in the world?

Silva vs lidell is still pride's 205 champ vs UFC's 205 champ.

If Pride is willing to offer Wand for a 3 fight deal, and UFC is making all this money then Dana is just a retard for turning it down. He can pay for Wand and hype him.

Just like he did with Anderson Silva.

If Dana had any faith in his fighters he'd be all over it. Just like pride has let UFC representatives in it's grand prix's because Saka had faith the Pride fighters would win.

UFC is jipping the fans, not pride. We get Tito vs Ken 3... /shoot me now

Slie

I agree with starvingeyes post....

To further go into this, "If" this interview is real, its only 1 side.... you guys just buy into it and come to conclusions just like that ? That is simply a sign of a lack of education, and sillyness.

In regards to whoever thinks the UFC is the minor league to Pride is simply wrong. I too think Pride is deeper than UFC, but thats slowly diminishing. Just a few years ago, there was a big separation in fighter quality, and its been disappearing slowly every single year due to the "vastly" superior marketing of the UFC....

In my opinion, when you throw out names like Sherk, Florian, Hominick, Gurgel, Stout, Edwards, Thomson.... these are guys that can fight toe to toe with any lightweight fighters in Pride. Most of the above are capable of being Pride Champions and none would be embarassed fighting anybody in Pride including Gomi.

In Welterweight class area, you have Hughes, BJ Penn, GSP, Diego, Koscheck, Karo who can all stand toe to toe with anybody in Pride and in fact, all of the above, are easily capable of being Pride Champions.

In the middleweight you have Franklin, A. Silva, Tanner, Lister capable of going toe to toe with the Pride counterparts.

This is where the UFC has some catching up to do, with really only Liddel, Ortiz and Babalu competitive at Lightweight and only Sylvia and Arlovski (maybe Monson)at HW..... btw, in my opinion, Sylvia would be a lot tougher match-up than most think in Pride.... Its easy to count him out simply because he looks a bit clumsy, but ask Arlovski who is a world class fighter how clumsy he is in the ring....

but who knows...

Skarhead, UFC has made about 100 million in ppv in the first half of this year. So forget SpikeTV revenue or anything else. Forget the UFC gates. We'll just go with $100 million for the UFC, bit of a handicap there.

Lets talk pride money.. how much from where?

Also, all of this is pointles... I know what Sakakibara said, but Vince McMahon has clearly stated that Stone Cold Steve Austin is the toughest SOB on the planet, bar none. So if you are going to believe everything you hear from sports entertainment promoters, there is no debate.

Pride rules end of story

"Saki vs Dana main event!"

Zuffa make it happen!

ttt the truth hurt