Same old Chuck line..."I got caught"

should have been..."i got exposed, again."

Knock-out shocker

ATLANTA -- Rashad Evans knocked out former light-heavyweight champion Chuck (The Iceman) Liddell in devastating fashion last night at UFC 88.

The crunching punch to the chin seemed to come out of nowhere and left the 38-year-old Liddell, who was attempting to throw a looping right of his own, crumpled on the ground.

Liddell (21-6) suffered the same fate in losing his mixed martial arts title to Quinton (Rampage) Jackson in May 2007.

"I'm fine," a stony-faced Liddell told the post-fight news conference.

"I got caught, man. What do you want me to say?"

<!-- BIG BOX HERE -->

The smaller Evans, who won Season 2 of The Ultimate Fighter reality TV show, moved and danced in the first round in an attempt to disrupt Liddell's rhythm.

It worked mostly but allowed for little Evans offence although Liddell was left with an abrasion under his right eye. All three judges gave the round to Liddell. The two exchanged more blows in the second but it was anything but a barnburner.

Then the 28-year-old Evans (17-0-1) ended it with one punch at 1:51 of the second round.

Light-heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin watched from ringside as Evans moved up the 205-lb. ladder with a bang.

"Hopefully it puts me up there, but I'm a patient man and I'm going to enjoy the ride," said Evans, who had promised before the fight he was going to "host Chuck Liddell's retirement party."

UFC president Dana White said Evans' next fight will be for the title.

Liddell, meanwhile, said he would ponder his future.

Evans won a US$60,000 bonus for KO of the night.

Former champions Rich (Ace) Franklin and Dan Henderson also won on the night, as did Jason (The Athlete) MacDonald of Red Deer.

Franklin stopped Matt Hamill 39 seconds into the third round of the co-main event before 14,736 at the Philips Arena card, the UFC's first in Georgia -- with a gate of $2.6 million.

Former Pride champion Henderson (23-7) survived a prickly opponent in middleweight Rousimar Palhares (17-2), winning a unanimous decision.

And MacDonald rebounded from a loss last month to submit Jason (The Punisher) Lambert in the second round.

Light-heavyweight Tim (The Barbarian) Boetch stopped UFC newcomer Mike Patt via TKO with a big right to the chin at 2:03 of the first round.

Japanese welterweight Ryo (Piranha) Chonan defeated Roan Carneiro, a Brazilian now living in Atlanta, on a split decision that could have well have gone to Carneiro.

South Korean welterweight Dong Hyun (Stun Gun) Kim maintained his unbeaten record (11-0-1) with a split decision win over Matt (The Immortal) Brown (10-7) in another bout that could have gone the other way. The crowd thought so, booing the decision.

<!-- BEGIN SUBSCRIPTION MESSAGE AND LINK--> <!--

--> <!-- END SUBSCRIPTION MESSAGE AND LINK--> <!-- Next and Previous stories -->

Chuck was attempting a right uppercut, not a looping right.

hey you fucking kook,

hes been ko'd twice, so how is it the same old line?

lol@beign exposed. donbt you live in anaheim you fuckign pussy? how about i expose you for a shittalking duicklwad on the onternet and come pimp you like a mexican ho on katella?

back to BLAFS houseboy for you

Shiloh - hey you fucking kook,

lol@beign exposed. donbt you live in anaheim you fuckign pussy? how about i expose you for a shittalking duicklwad on the onternet and come pimp you like a mexican ho on katella?

Shilos on the shit today folks !

LOL at thinking "I just got caught."

No one who fights w/ their hands down gets caught.

They just get KTFO from their own stupidity.

Rashad's getting a title shot? What about Thiago Silva of Lyoto Machida?

Can't teach an old dog new tricks. He should announce his retirement ASAP. His legacy is secured and see no benefit in him fighting C level competion or end up talking like Meldrick Taylor.

New tricks?

All the guy's gotta do is keep his hands up maybe 4-5 inches higher. He keeps his hands at his nips, when they'd be better served up by his chin.

In this case, a very minor adjustment could solve a huge problem.

Oh, and the only one throwing looping rights in that fight was Rashad.

dking - Rashad's getting a title shot? What about Thiago Silva of Lyoto Machida?
What season of TUF did they win?

im pretty sure you can get caught 1...2...3....4...5.....infinite times

Immaculata - LOL at thinking "I just got caught."

No one who fights w/ their hands down gets caught.

They just get KTFO from their own stupidity.

Word up.

you're a fucking idiot.

he said he got caught with against rampage and now rashad...sounds like he uses the "same old" line of "i got caught" alot.

does that make sense to you pink boy? look how upset i got you...your typing is all fucked up. fag.

Yeah.....he got caught putting his ass on the line for your entertainment in a kill or be killed situation and you rip him from your logitech....

Kudos to you kron -

Man i knew the ug was fickle but i'm suprised how everyone has turned on Chuck. He clearly won the first round as Evans just ran. He got sloppy in the second and paid for it. He should probably bring in another boxing coach to assist with his defense but he's still probably the best striker at 205.

Kr0ndogg - 

you're a fucking idiot.

he said he got caught with against rampage and now rashad...sounds like he uses the "same old" line of "i got caught" alot.

does that make sense to you pink boy? look how upset i got you...your typing is all fucked up. fag.

LMFAO @ Kronfagg aka: "the biggest pussy on this site" talking shit to someone who would destroy him in real life...  He copies and pastes a few mma news stories from other websites to mma.tv, and all of a sudden he thinks he KNOWS mma.  Fucking douche!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooo funny watching douches like you (Kronfagg) run their mouths KNOWING they will never have to back it up because they can hide behind their computer.  

krondogg, im on the way to anaheim right now for work. i will gladly stop by and backhand you while you apologize.

address please.

then you can come here and post about how you got caught

we can even send the story to other sites first so when you post here it it will be business as usual

" he said he got caught with against rampage and now rashad...sounds like he uses the "same old" line of "i got caught" alot."

Two times is not a lot.

If it happened to him 4, 5, 6 times... then you'd have a point.

But it's only happened twice, so you don't.

Altofsky -  " he said he got caught with against rampage and now rashad...sounds like he uses the "same old" line of "i got caught" alot."

Two times is not a lot.

If it happened to him 4, 5, 6 times... then you'd have a point.

But it's only happened twice, so you don't.

Except in the 2nd round Rashad was hitting him again and again. It wasn't a lucky punch at all