Schaub says UFC doesn't need Dana

Shut up Brandon

Dana white is in a transition period whether he realizes it or not. At this point, just like Mike G, there is a plan for him to be gone.

JakeSweet -

Schaubs podcast is getting worse by the episode, wouldn't be surprised if he's just saying this to get attention.

According to him it's the most downloaded sports podcast on itunes

TommyRSU - Dana white is in a transition period whether he realizes it or not. At this point, just like Mike G, there is a plan for him to be gone.

I think he has to know this, hell McGregor could replace him one day if it's simply a promotional position.

I kinda get the feeling that a lot of things are no longer falling on Danas shoulders. He seems more chill... Seems to be going through the motions

Giventofly99 - 

Not a schaub fan but hard to argue. With no Fertitta to reign him in DW s acting like a 5th grader more and more. Making a run at his champ is absurd andni though Elias artcile summed it up really well. Not sure why Elias gets so much slack on here...

No Fertitta to reign him in? LOL.. did you just start paying attention to the UFC in the last few years? DFW has always been the mouth piece for the Fertitta's. Constantly doing their dirty work for them. He has shit on almost every champion the UFC has had, with the Iceman maybe being the one exception.Make no mistake, White and the Fertitta's are all cut from the same mold.

For everybody that says nobody could do a better job, do they have any specific examples of Dana making s good move for the UFC ?

shaqitup -

For everybody that says nobody could do a better job, do they have any specific examples of Dana making s good move for the UFC ?

Making TUF which basically made the sport. Turning a failing business into a $4 billion company perhaps? I understand why people dislike Dana but the man has done an incredible job building the UFC

Mshi - 
shaqitup -

Making TUF which basically made the sport. Turning a failing business into a $4 billion company perhaps? I understand why people dislike Dana but the man has done an incredible job building the UFC

TUF saved the UFC but it was an idea that Dana was against. He didn't want them to do TUF. They did it anyway and it was wildly successful and got the UFC back on track.

SinCityHustler -
JakeSweet - 
SinCityHustler -
tenchu - 
Mshi - 
Giventofly99 -

Not a schaub fan but hard to argue. With no Fertitta to reign him in DW s acting like a 5th grader more and more. Making a run at his champ is absurd andni though Elias artcile summed it up really well. Not sure why Elias gets so much slack on here...

I think he had the right to complain about Woodleys performance though

This.

Dana telsl it like it is and doesn't talk like a politician.

We're fortunate to have this type of access and disclosure from a sports organization president.

Dana is a bold face liar. If there's one thing he does not do, it's tell it like it is.

With Fertitta no longer the shot caller, and with Dana increasingly more and more being exposed for what a lousy job he's actually doing, he will almost certainly be gone soon. There are countless professionals actually qualified at running a business who can easily be inserted at a fraction of Dana White pay.

there might be countless businessmen who can run a business, doesn't mean they can run a mma promotion.

I'm not referring to the ones who cannot run the MMA production, only the ones who can.
Haha, thanks for breaking it down for our mildly retarded friend.

"the egg warden"

Shuab would literally be a nobody without Dana. He owes him EVERYTHING.

I don't want to talk MMA....until our numbers start going down, at which time I'll create a spinoff podcast talking ONLY about MMA.

Shouldnt schaub be greatful he has dana to talk about?

He doesnt talk about fighting anymore, and just focusses on Dana and his business decisions.

I guess its technically a sports podcast...

CRE - It is weird the UFC does not seem to have a contingency plan in case something happened to Dana. With tbat being said I do not think anyone could do a better job right now.
Conor could

Giventofly99 -

Schaub does make some solid points. I would probably argue though that with the Fertittas  in the picture Dana had more free reign to say this type of stuff. We shouldn't be shocked, I mean he's treated bigger name fighters with more marketability, who actually were big draws much worse. Look how he handled GSP for instance. Randy, Tito to just name a few. It's not the first time and sadly won't be the last. He could unquestionably handle these issues much better, but it doesn't seem like he's going to change. Will be interesting to see how long before fighters start going over his head and take their issues to the new owners and how they handle that 

StrikingMMA -
Mshi - 
shaqitup -

TUF saved the UFC but it was an idea that Dana was against. He didn't want them to do TUF. They did it anyway and it was wildly successful and got the UFC back on track.
But can you imagine that first season without him? He definitely played a big part in it by adding to all the drama and giving the fighters a consequence for misbehaving.

Wanderpage - Shuab would literally be a nobody without Dana. He owes him EVERYTHING.

You and Dana use that word "literally" in very similar fashion.

I like it in terms of entertainment.

SinCityHustler -
tenchu - 
Mshi - 
Giventofly99 -

I think he had the right to complain about Woodleys performance though

This.

Dana telsl it like it is and doesn't talk like a politician.

We're fortunate to have this type of access and disclosure from a sports organization president.

Dana is a bold face liar. If there's one thing he does not do, it's tell it like it is.

With Fertitta no longer the shot caller, and with Dana increasingly more and more being exposed for what a lousy job he's actually doing, he will almost certainly be gone soon. There are countless professionals actually qualified at running a business who can easily be inserted at a fraction of Dana White pay.

Pretty sure Dana White is just a figurehead and doesn't make any major decisions. 

At this time they DO need him IMO. He has the experience, the know-how, knows everybody in the game, while they are new owners.