Screwed up "justice" system

LOL people always whine too about how bad drivers are and they want the cops to give tickets. until they get one themselves and they whine how its such a tax grab. Complain to your city council they are the one who tell the police to write tickets and get the revenue first.

"LOL at lawyers are good. biggest scam there is. Wait until your a victim of crime and see the lawyers treat your case like an assembly line and deal you away to avoid a trial and more work. Well unless your a defence because the longer it goes means more money."

Wow, sounds like you have dealt with some shady attorneys, which is too bad. I don't doubt you may have had some bad experiences, but you should not generalize an entire profession based on your small encounters with some bad attorneys.

law dog, he's not the first guy to accuse lawyers, as a group, of being slimey (If I may paraphrase). That's their reputation. Obviously some lawyers are great people but the generalization is the result of the collective, millions of encounters with lawyers.

A lot of people will never like cops or lawyers. There's something hypocritical about the way it's set up. The people who work to punish offenders, from the average Joe who got caught speeding to major offenders - pick a crime, are the least likely to be punished for crimes that they've committed. Probably because of who they know, how they are perceived, the self-serving and self-protective boy's club that is the police force, and familiarity with the workings of the legal system (to name a few).

I know this is a pipe dream and I'm getting into FRAT territory here, but I honestly believe that people in positions of trust or people in positions of moral authority should be punished MORE for their crimes than the general public (*edited to clarify). The police need to be policed strictly. I'm not saying they shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt in situations where there's gray area. We don't want the cops to be afraid to do their jobs. However, they should be busted even for the smallest thing if it's clear that they broke a law.

Cops moan about not getting enough respect but then they don't do easy things that citizens notice like using turn signals. I see them tailgaiting all the time. There's a guy in my building that parks his marked police car in a "no parking" spot right in front of our building on, I'd say, 95% of the evenings. To me that's so unbelievably obnoxious. Acting like you're above the law while enforcing it is a sure fire way to inspire deserved contempt and disrespect.

I know a lot of cops do a good job but I think things could be improved. There shouldn't be room for some of the cops to act the way that they do.

Bit of a tangent here..... ;)

^^hard to second guess a cop if he is parking there to go inside to check a 911 hangup or to go on a welfare check of someone.

....BUT to the OP how can you fight this ticket? Are you going to tell the judge that you 'almost' stopped and therefore the rule should not apply to you? Like going 100mph on the freeway with your car that can do easily 150....arguing that, 'hey, i was the only one out here....why should the speed limit apply to me?'

You are taking the age old 'spirit of the law vs the letter of the law' argument.

Folks lose those in traffic court. Your only chance is that she doesn't show up. Gl.

Running a stop sign is infinitely more dangerous than speeding a little over the limit. If you were going 120+ that is another story.

He lives here. The car is here ALL the time. It's a marked SUV so it's distinguishable.

"The overwhelming majority of traffic stops are just a way to inflict an illegal tax on the public."

I can't tell you how many traffic collisions occur as a result of people speeding, running red lights, stop signs, etc.

But you're right. Traffic stop are simply a way to impose a tax, because there should absolutely be no punishment or fines for driving like crap and endangering other people on the road.........

I agree 100%, except when there ARE NO OTHER PEOPLE ON THE ROAD and I DID STOP.

Cops make mistakes. So do people. Maybe she did, maybe you did. I wasn't there to judge it, but I've never been one to complain about someone enforcing traffic law having seen some of the accidents I have seen as a result from wresckless driving.

The speeding ticket while driving to the hospital is bullshit though. Law enforcers should be more understanding. Maybe you can help lead by example with the public by being more understanding of them writing you a ticket for failure to stop.

'rolling stops' where (in your own admission) you think you are fully stopped for one split second are not considered coming to a stop.

Sure the cop should have let it slide knowing there is no one else around, but then again, a lot of accidents happen at night because both drivers aren't paying attention thinking no one else is around.

"Wow, sounds like you have dealt with some shady attorneys, which is too bad. I don't doubt you may have had some bad experiences, but you should not generalize an entire profession based on your small encounters with some bad attorneys."

Yea, it's the sad that 99% of them give the rest a bad name.

"The speeding ticket while driving to the hospital is bullshit though. Law enforcers should be more understanding."

I don't know the whole story and the media is really not a good source if you want an accurate account of something that happened.

However, if a cop gave some lady a ticket for speeding in an emergency situation, He's a dick!

There's a thing called discretion and any decent cop should know that there are definitely situations when you should not go by the letter of the law.

"Cops moan about not getting enough respect but then they don't do easy things that citizens notice like using turn signals. I see them tailgaiting all the time. There's a guy in my building that parks his marked police car in a "no parking" spot right in front of our building on, I'd say, 95% of the evenings. To me that's so unbelievably obnoxious. Acting like you're above the law while enforcing it is a sure fire way to inspire deserved contempt and disrespect.

I know a lot of cops do a good job but I think things could be improved. There shouldn't be room for some of the cops to act the way that they do."

Bingo!!!! You get the prize! This is very true, which makes it really tough on most cops, who are great people and roll models. Nothing pisses me off more when cops blow by me in the freeway, using absolutely no emergency equipment. This is dangerous! Lead by example, folks. When I was a cop, one thing that I always tried very hard to do, was take the attitude out of my approach to people. It's laughable when an especially young and inexperienced copy acts as if they are pissed and personally offended by something like a speeding violation.

True story--I was once stopped for speeding (which I wasn't) on a windy, rainy, and heavy traffic day. The cop was an particulary weasily one and when he told me he was going to write me a ticket, I said this to him. "Officer, I certainly understand that you believe I was speeding, but I am certain that I wasn't. Just know that I will contest this in court. I want you to note, for court room purposes, that it's very windy today, which makes the road signs shake, it's raining, which can give you intermitent false readings on your radar, and the traffic is heavy in both directions with semi-truck traffic. If you've had good radar training, you might want to reconsider." (It was something close to that, I can't remember exactly, but I was very polite.) He got so flustered and pissed, he told me "Get outta-here before I change my mind." (once he decided not to write the ticket.

people have to understand most of the time it is the administration of a police dept that pressures the road guys to give out tickets. go to the pd admin and tell them you want more community policing rather than more cars stopped. the cops i know do not like to give out tickets. my .02c