Sean Strickland is the new Nick Diaz

His fighting style reminds me of nicks more than any other fighter has…he marches forward like a diaz and I enjoy his fights, dudes a dog always.

13 Likes

Thread topic clarity: SS reminds me of ND, fighting style anyway. Sorry I’m stoned as fuck.

3 Likes

Stfu

RareYearlyAntelope-size_restricted

Never seen Nick get put down like this :sob:

7 Likes

SS is nothing like Nick Diaz. Nick is one of the most elite jiujitsu black belt’s to ever grace the octagon with his presence

IMG_8714

diazvsgomi

GukW6g2

5 Likes

Nick got kayo’d by Jeremy Jackson though, didn’t he?

8 Likes

He got TKO’d not KOd like that plus that was when he was 18 or 19 before he ever fought in the ufc

3 Likes

Inside the cage the only thing they have in common is boxing/cardio. But Nick is a full tier or two better at both of those than Sean

Outside of the cage they couldn’t be further from the opposite. Sean treats everything like a game and a joke. He’s always smiling and laughing and can’t wait to have a mic put in front of him so he can say something stupid to get people talking about him

Nick doesn’t care about press conferences or interviews he doesn’t care about saying anything. He treats fighting like it’s a war not a game

7 Likes

He also never faced a LHW sized world class kickboxer…

9 Likes

His striking sense is similar, cardio, pressure, volume. Both good BJJ guys, Sean is clearly better than Nick tho.

1 Like

At least his is a warrior, not tapping to tauting

6 Likes

Nick went up in weight and fought the greatest striker in MMA history and went all 5 rounds with him no problem. Anderson was on steroids too mind you

nick-diaz-anderson-silva

IMG_9818

3 Likes

The last time Sean submitted someone was 2014. He’s no where near the same category of BJJ with Nick

Lol after this right check counter Nick did nothing the whole fight xD

4 Likes

Didn’t say he was, but hes a good BJJ black belt. He doesn’t need to use his BJJ because his striking is fine and MUCH better than Nicks.

1 Like

Whose the best striker strickland has out-struck? Uriah Hall?

Swag Trying Not To Laugh GIF by AfterThis

See you’re too focused on offense. Strickland is one of the least hit fighters at MW. Diaz uses his face to block punches.
Also, Diaz’s best was a LW in BJ Penn who was on the down slide of his career so lets not get too crazy here

6 Likes

Deez Nuts GIF

2 Likes

You think 40 year old Anderson was a more dangerous striker than Alex Pereira? Bisping went 5 rounds with him after that for fucks sake.

2 Likes

Nick out struck Robbie Lawler. Paul Daley. Bj Penn. Carlos Condit. Pro boxer KJ noons

He lost to Condit, Noons and Daley are the B league, Penn was a 55er on the tail end and Lawler isn’t technical, hes a brawler.

The hardcore casual strikes again!

6 Likes