Semtex Leave His Gloves In The Cage ? Coker Not Sure

1 Like

LONDON – Scott Coker wonders if Bellator 281 really was the final time we’ll see Paul Daley compete.

Heading into this past Friday’s Bellator 281 event at OVO Arena Wembley, Daley (44-18-2 MMA, 9-6 BMMA) reiterated that his fight with Wendell Giacomo would be the last of his career.

Daley had to battle some early adversity but wound up knocking out Giacomo in what was an incredibly emotional moment for the British MMA veteran. Although Daley brought his mother into the cage to celebrate, Coker said that following the fight, he was already contacting his team.

“Let’s see what happens here,” Coker told MMA Junkie and other reporters post-fight at Bellator 281. “I was expecting him to leave his gloves in the cage. I didn’t see it. My matchmaker, some of our fight team are saying he’s already texting us, trying to negotiate some deals. So we’ll see what happens.”
During Bellator 281 media day, Daley revealed to MMA Junkie that he was given a lucrative offer to box Dan Hardy but turned it down due to their prior friendship. Whether or not Bellator 281 is the final time we’ll see Daley fight, Coker has enjoyed working with Daley over the years, which dates back to Strikeforce.

“When I think about Paul, it’s such a special relationship for me,” Coker said. There’s good times; there’s bad times. He’s a fighter, I’m a promoter, we’re sometimes at odds, but I really feel like in the history of martial arts fighting, MMA, he has delivered over and over and over, and I have so much respect for him.

“I went into the locker room after, and I said, ‘It’s been such a pleasure promoting you over all these years.’ To me, he had one of the greatest fights in the history of MMA. It might be, to me, my favorite fight of all time, and that’s him and Nick Diaz fighting in Strikeforce, my old company.”

4 Likes

Would love to see Semtex KO Hardy

6 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Me, him and hardy are all notts lads. Were a band of merry men!

Cary Elwes Laughing GIF

4 Likes

1 Like

That flying knee KO was actually epic.

Beat my favorite flying knee KO prior of Zelg Galasic KO of Doug Marshall in BOOM POW, PUNCH KICK WOW! Super Fight Leagueeee!

The Rhino

1 Like

Zelg leapt across the cage like a damn panther with a heat seeking knee to Marshall chin.

I honestly hope Daley goes to Triller and makes a huge cheque if he wants another fight plus no takedowns lol.

4 Likes

tumblr_pnf9pw4qb81qd4esao1_540

5 Likes

I wonder if I’ve ever got got like that. When I’ve been knocked out I tend forget what happened. 3 times and I was only drunk once. I won that won too I remember bashing his fucken brains in and I think I ate soccer kick from an unknown accomplice.

It would also be fun as fuck to watch him in One FC in there Muay Thai fights since they do it in 4oz gloves.

4 Likes

yup

1 Like

Former Bellator welterweight contender Paul Daley confirms he’s done fighting. Well, that’s unless he’s offered a fight with Jorge Masvidal or Nick Diaz.

‘Semtex’ had his swan song last Friday night at Bellator 281 in London. The 39-year-old knocked out Wendell Giácomo in his final fight, a fitting end to his career. However, it may not be the end after all.
In the build-up to Bellator 281, Daley confirmed that he was done fighting no matter what. Despite that proclamation, it seems that he could be lured back to the cage for two fights. Daley discussed his MMA future in an interview on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani.

Paul Daley confirmed that he’d be interested in possibly fighting in the UFC against either Jorge Masvidal or Nick Diaz. He fought both men earlier in his career, scoring a win over ‘Gamebred’ in 2009. While he lost to Diaz the following year, the bout is regarded as one of the greatest ever.
“I don’t wish I can get back any fight in terms of changing what already happened. But, I think if I was to pick a fight to have a rematch, it would definitely be Nick Diaz or [Jorge] Masvidal. Because they’re the ones that have turned into pay-per-view stars and I could get the most money from.”

Paul Daley continued, “Nick Diaz was a great fight and I beat Masvidal, and he holds the BMF belt, even though he’s lost his last fight or so. Those are the ones that if someone came to me and said, ‘What’s going to get you out of retirement?’, those two fights. That’s it, those are the only two fights that would pull me out.”

Mas vs Daley 2 would be fun

3 Likes