Sergei would KO Ngannou

Faster hand speed, straighter tighter punches, maybe not as much power as Ngannou but almost.

Stipe gave Ngannou too much respect on the feet. Sergei would just back Ngannou up and go for the kill. He doesn’t give AF.

Sergei wins by brutal KO if Ngannou ever wants to do real fights again

2 Likes

Agreed. Faster and better

5 Likes

Whoever lands clean first between the two likely wins. Both have insane power that it appears no one can handle.

12 Likes

Sergei in his Prime is one of the most underrated HWs out there. He shut down Werdum and knocked out Overeem.

Even the fat decade plus out of Prime version put a beating on Tyrone Spong last year. That Spong was on the verge of the Top 10 HW Boxing ranks after testing positive while Sergei looked like he ate the old Sergei.

All that said if he goes toe to toe with Francis he gets knocked out or has just a punchers chance. Francis is taking his striking to another level and is very strong but if it’s been at the expense of his ground game then Sergei would be a nightmare if he found himself in mount. Cool fight.

3 Likes

Sergei (Pavlovich) doesn’t have nearly the same power. He swarms people and gets TKOs. Francis knocks them unconscious with one bomb.

Sergei uses his reach well.

We’ve never seen Francis rocked.

I have no idea who would win. Either very well could.

5 Likes

Ah shit I’m getting old and assumed it was Sergei Kharitonov lol

Pavlovich would be a great fight and I feel like all his UFC fights have almost looked the same so we haven’t seen his full game yet because he has been destroying people too easy.

My money would be on Francis again but it would be another cool fight. We will see how good Sergei is soon enough.

6 Likes

Jones and Stipe don’t wanna fight Pav, Francis, Aspinall for a reason

I think Francis vs Pav is a pick em fight

Some nasty HWs in MMA right now and I’m not talking about the inactive ones

2 Likes

Sergei actually has a reach advantage on Francis too. Would be interesting.

1 Like

Sergei is exciting but he is overrated imo. Aspinall will prove it on the weekend.

1 Like

I see that sergei is the next great white hype. Guy got flattened by a washed up overeem and they’re trying to sell him as the next big thing.

2 Likes

Sergei has always been very underrated by the general MMA media. He should have been the HW champ of multiple major orgs.

1 Like

Shit apparently I missed the boat too, as I thought the same. See above post

:joy:

I really hope Tommy Boy smashes that big commie

Did you ever watch his fight against Overeem…

Sergei is v v talented and will probably hold the belt at some point…
Aspinall is 29
Sergei is 31
And HW’s in UFC do r seen to peak until their mid 30s so they could in theory fight 3-5 times…

Will bump in five yrs if I’m still alive…

Online friends, pls bump the thread in my absence …

1 Like

Of course I watched his fights with Overeem. Still have my VHS recording of the PPV in storage lol. The 1st fight he showed unreal heart and possibly stubbornness after getting his shoulder fucked and then eating brutal knees on the ground from Alistair until he would’ve died. Then the 2nd fight he almost knocked Overeem out of the Ring.

No I was talking about sergai Pablovichs loss to Overeem (that fight)

2 Likes

Or are u a hardcore casual like @Nick_Diaz_Army

2 Likes

I’d still slightly favour Ngannou for now but its a 37 year old vs a 31 year old, every year that passes the scales tip more towards Pav.

Prime Kharitanov would have been a good fight for either of them too. Another of the better boxers HW MMA has seen. From a technical perspective his hands were probably the best of the three.

Haha

He is talking about S Kharitonov
You are talking about S Pavlovich

read the posts twice before responding is my advice fellas

1 Like

We’re gonna have to go with last names on this Thread lol but yes I saw that fight I watch everything. It was his debut and Overeem roughed him up