Sergio Martinez vs Matthew Macklin Tonight

I read Martinez is offering FMJ 80-20..not sure the weight class

Floyd should go for it at 160. Might as well try for the middleweight championship of the world.

I don't like his chances at 160, but damn if he pulled that off

Floyd is too "smart" to go for that belt.

if floyd got wins over pacquiao and martinez there is no doubt he would go down as a top 10 GOAT

he wouldn't need Pacquiao to reach top 10 GOAT...a win over Martinez and capturing his sixth title in six different weight classes would seal the deal....

130,135,140,147,154...so far

if he takes cotto then martinez at 154 in the fall would be a helluva fight. macklin was able to be very effective with that lead right. would love to see how mayweather would do

After seeing  Macklin land telegraphed and pedictable shots on Martinez, Floyd is going to be racing to get to him and that 80/20 split. Mayweather has his gameplan for Martinez, which happens to be what he does well. He'll see this as an easy win over the #3 p4p guy. Macklin's discipline/Dirt McGirt's strategy was a how to guide on beating Martinez for future opponents.

Macklin Vs. Canelo or JCC would be competetive fights.

Lol @ the HBO announcers discounting the first 2 instances where Macklin was rocked because their feet were tangled and then forgetting completely about foot and leg entanglements when Macklin lnocked Martinez down.

It was like the UKTT announcing a Bisping fight.

lol at Bobby

Barry_BondsMVP -  lol at Bobby

HBO must have had future Macklin considerations. I haven't heard them openly rooting for someone that hard in years. They want the next ODLH badly, even if they have to igone what's happening in the ring and tell a different story.

How did Lederman's daughter have that fight even after a 10-7 11th round? What was she watching. I bet on Macklin because he's tough, Martinez is slipping and the odds were out of wack, but c'mon with that. 3 maybe 4 rounds to Macklin and those were close. The Sergio rounds were one sided and easy to score.

The accent thing was amazing. please tell me someone else caught that. Macklin started the night Irish, got his brains scrambled and was talking like an Englishman.

"The accent thing was amazing. please tell me someone else caught that. Macklin started the night Irish, got his brains scrambled and was talking like an Englishman."

I had to rewind it twice to make sure the single malt wasn't scrambling my hearing, but he definitely went from Colin Farrell to Monty Python in less than two hours.

lol I haven't watched the fight yet, but I will soon...but Julie is whacked out most of the time...I know Merchant is having a full hard on for JCC...

MolsonMuscles - "The accent thing was amazing. please tell me someone else caught that. Macklin started the night Irish, got his brains scrambled and was talking like an Englishman."

I had to rewind it twice to make sure the single malt wasn't scrambling my hearing, but he definitely went from Colin Farrell to Monty Python in less than two hours.

Thank you for noticing that. "It's grand to be fOIghting in Madison Square Gaarden on St. Patrick's Day" then he sounds like the fifth member of Black Sabbath post fight with Merchant.

Macklin's good. He's a problem matchup for the protected young superstars in his division. I was betting on Martinez looking old, heard that he looked like dogshit in training and wasn't taking the fight seriously. Macklin was fucking serious. He wanted it until Martinez beat the will out of him.

Buddy McGirt is a good man. He cares about his fighters. He saves brave men like Gatti, Malignaggi and Macklin from themselves. I'd rather my guy lose than take unnecessary damage.