false/w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText

/w:Compatibility
MicrosoftInternetExplorer4/w:BrowserLevel
/w:WordDocument
<![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]>

/w:LatentStyles
<![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>

<![endif]-->

This is one of the more interesting fights in a long time actually.  

If I had to bet on it, I'd say Mir, but at the same time Cro Cop seems like a vet that can turn it up at any time and has killer instinct. 

flesheatingbull - 
sage77 - 
Crazy Zimmerman -  I think CC has gotten back the eye of the tiger.  Would not be surprised if he KOs Mir.

Sarcasm or delusion?

or correct.

sage is a douche.

I honestly think cc will take it..I really think Mir is overhyped Phone Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4oJsSnmGkw

If that video doesn't leave you a Cro Cop fan, you have no soul.

This video is even more telling of his character:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3l2ZQv87UY&feature=related

I will be rooting for Mirko, but unless he comes out with the fire and will to be the best again, I think Mir will take this.

The reality is, Mirko is still a devistating striker, that has NOT changed, he just is not moving as well nor taking shots as well anymore, he is getting older.

Frank has greatly improved his stand up, or some would think. He sure hits hard, but he kept hitting Nog with the same 1-2 combo. It wasn't an amazing display of striking, just a solid game plan that worked. He blasted Kongo well too, I must say.

However, Mir can take less punishment than Crocop when it comes to striking, and Crocop can simply dish out a much more well-versed attack.

On the ground, Mir is simply outstanding. His movements for a Heavyweight are so quick, and this is simply not Mirko's world. Mirko has only been submitted with a real submission once, many moons ago. But you must ask yourself, when has Mirko faced a devistating submission guy since Nog? He really hasn't. Gonzaga is good but he ended up punting Mirko's head instead.

This is a classic Strike vs. Grappler matchup. Crocop could knock Mir out with some well placed strikes mixed with a little sprawling. Mir could take Mirko down at will and annihilate him before submitting him. I think the odds are in Mir's favor, but not nearly as much as most people tend to think. 

CC 4-1 favorite imo.

KimuraCrunch - "Guys picking CC who haven't done so; can you elaborate why you like his chances?"

For starters, I think Mir is overrated and has no heart. Mir is a very capable fighter, but very inconsistent. I don't think Mir would last one round with JDS. I think Crocop will outbox Mir in the 1st, and TKO him in the 2nd.

But, you know, anything can happen in MMA ;-)

good call.

The Mammoth - . While Mir has never quit he has yet to do a 'comeback' when the chips are down.

Yes he has.

Dennis Schurg - The reality is, Mirko is still a devistating striker, that has NOT changed, he just is not moving as well nor taking shots as well anymore, he is getting older.

Frank has greatly improved his stand up, or some would think. He sure hits hard, but he kept hitting Nog with the same 1-2 combo. It wasn't an amazing display of striking, just a solid game plan that worked. He blasted Kongo well too, I must say.

However, Mir can take less punishment than Crocop when it comes to striking, and Crocop can simply dish out a much more well-versed attack.

On the ground, Mir is simply outstanding. His movements for a Heavyweight are so quick, and this is simply not Mirko's world. Mirko has only been submitted with a real submission once, many moons ago. But you must ask yourself, when has Mirko faced a devistating submission guy since Nog? He really hasn't. Gonzaga is good but he ended up punting Mirko's head instead.

This is a classic Strike vs. Grappler matchup. Crocop could knock Mir out with some well placed strikes mixed with a little sprawling. Mir could take Mirko down at will and annihilate him before submitting him. I think the odds are in Mir's favor, but not nearly as much as most people tend to think. <br type="_moz" />

Good assessment.

Mir caught Kongo i think because Kongo was looking for the td and Mir kinda of faked it first and threw the overhand at a weird angle. Kongo, despite beating CC is simply not that good though. Good but not very good.

Mir should give CC the double threat of strikes and tds.

So Mir's standup has improved but I wouldnt take too much of the Nog performance. Cain did the same thing with 1 punch. Though CC has slowed down, the combos Mir threw at Nog werent very impressive, I agree. However, CC's ability to move out the way vs JDS was horrible as well. But he looked back somewhat vs Barry, both guys are much bettr strikes than CC though CC only really had to worry about striking with those 2.

Mir is excellent on the ground but kind of a HW Rumina Sato. He isnt a methodical killer like Aoki or Maia. He's kind of a explosive, grand slam sub guy like Sato who if he doesn catch you right away, fades away.

I dont know what shape CCs ground game is but his defense looked solid against Fedor and he also handled Barnett iirc though Mir is the more dangrous guy on the ground initially.

I think the style matchup favours CC and thouhg both have been inconsistent, Mir's is due to his general nature, CC's has been to being over the hill, losing the fire.

Btw, any good has a chance vs Mir.

Cro Cop has arguably done better than any other fighter, against JDS to date. He landed several straight lefts, and JDS's face showed it after the fight. Now does Mir have even half the stand-up of JDS or Pat Barry? I think not.

Mir has got no chin, and no cardio. When is the last time you saw him in a long fight, and actually win?

Cro Cop for life.

Wow, some good analysis guys Phone Post

Mir has really questionable wrestling and mediocre striking. That combined with his really weak mental game means he can lose it at the drop of a hat. I actually think he should be the ever so slight favorite, but at +200, I think CC is a solid value bet.

bismanfightclub - 
Leghound - 
The Mammoth - 
While Mir has never quit he has yet to do a 'comeback' when the chips are down.

First fight against Brock?

He didn't come back of his own accord, Mazzagatti re-started the fight and took a point from Lesnar for nothing to make him afraid to hit Mir.  that was a gift, not a comeback.

I'll give you the gift of restart, but quite frankly anytime you're being GnP'd by Lesnar your chips are down, restart or not

Leghound - 
bismanfightclub - 
Leghound - 
The Mammoth - 

While Mir has never quit he has yet to do a 'comeback' when the chips are down.

First fight against Brock?

He didn't come back of his own accord, Mazzagatti re-started the fight and took a point from Lesnar for nothing to make him afraid to hit Mir.  that was a gift, not a comeback.

I'll give you the gift of restart, but quite frankly anytime you're being GnP'd by Lesnar your chips are down, restart or not

But he did not fight his way out of it as was implied.  The fight was stopped, a point was taken away from Lesnar for no reason then re-started standing.  Mir did get out of it on his own, not even close.

CroCop via KO.