Serra on GSP's heart

"(St. Pierre) is a very talented guy, you know. I've just seen both fights with Koscheck and Hughes, it's almost that - it's not that I care about being disrespectful to Hughes - but it's almost like I see two guys that want to get hit less than GSP. The last guy, besides myself, that gave GSP all he could handle was B.J. (Penn) because B.J. don't give a f*ck. And, I think that's the attitude you have to have."

Thoughts?

I see him getting beaten down very viciously in his next fight. Then he will likely lose to Hughes and be a gatekeeper for the division.

Hughes and Kos were two guys who were completely overwhelmed by a superior fighter.  That's all there is to it.

Looking forward to seeing GSP beat down Serra......

Serra isnt afraid of GSP standing because george doesnt have the power to knock him out IMO, and he sure as hell doesnt care about being taken down.

I still got Serra by sub, rd 4.

Serra will shock the world again!

"Serra isnt afraid of GSP standing because george doesnt have the power to knock him out IMO, and he sure as hell doesnt care about being taken down."

Serra got knocked out by a spinning back fist from Shonie Carter. He may not have a glassjaw, but let's not pretend he's invincible. And I'm not so sure Serra is going to be that dominant on the ground, either. Look at all his major fights - Trigg, Sherk, Hughes and Koscheck were all supposed to handle him on the ground and he raped all of them. We all thought B.J. would be too much for him on the ground, and while that fight may be controversial for some people, it definitely wasn't because of what happened from the guard. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see GSP take him down right out of the gate just like he did with Koscheck.

GSP is going to put a world of hurt on Serra.

"Serra got knocked out by a spinning back fist from Shonie Carter. He may not have a glassjaw, but let's not pretend he's invincible. And I'm not so sure Serra is going to be that dominant on the ground, either. Look at all his major fights - Trigg, Sherk, Hughes and Koscheck were all supposed to handle him on the ground and he raped all of them. We all thought B.J. would be too much for him on the ground, and while that fight may be controversial for some people, it definitely wasn't because of what happened from the guard. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see GSP take him down right out of the gate just like he did with Koscheck"

anyone can be knocked out, but i dont think GSP is going to stand with a guy that rocked his ass last time. i bet he tries to take him down and control him from there, and as i said, i dont think serra is worried about being on his back.

all the guys you named (except bj) were out supposed to outwrestle him. i didnt say serra would do that, and i dont expect him to. i expect him to sweep him or get a sub off his back.

Bj don't give a fuck!

^agreed.

"B.J. don't give a f*ck." yeah, but me thinks he can box something mean (better than Serra) and that has a lot to do with it too.

People saying Serra's going to own GSP on the ground and stuff - not that he couldn't sub Georges but are you forgetting what Karo was able to do to Serra on the mat just on his size/strength advantage?

yeah i like Serra, but I believe it was a fluke that he won, plain and simple GSP got caught, taking nothing away from Serra, I believe GSP opens up a can of whoop ass this time

Serra by another one in a million KO.

"People saying Serra's going to own GSP on the ground and stuff - not that he couldn't sub Georges but are you forgetting what Karo was able to do to Serra on the mat just on his size/strength advantage?"

Great point. Serra has impeccable BJJ credentials, but in MMA, they haven't translated, especially off his back. Karo worked him on the ground. GSP can follow the same gameplan, and his GNP and passing is better than Karo's.

"When I was hunched over GSP, beating his head into the ground, I heard his heart beat"

GSP wins this fight. No doubt in my mind

agreed with serra. he has the formula to win this fight

I think Serra can beat GSP...it depends if GSP can hit Serra with a big body shot early in the fight, I think that will make a huge difference.

"Serra by another one in a million KO."

Garv, I'll take that bet.