Serra on GSP's heart

As much as GSP has steamrolled many guys I just don't see that happening vs. Serra.  GSP could pull out the win here but barring a lucky strike one either side it will be a war.  Serra's a warrior and I find myself rooting for him in this fight.  Either way it should be right up there with other candidates for FOTY.

"i dont think serra is worried about being on his back."

Well, maybe he should be. Karo beat him down pretty bad from there, and Karo is no GSP.

"I see him getting beaten down very viciously in his next fight. Then he will likely lose to Hughes and be a gatekeeper for the division."
I agree. It wasn't too long ago the guy won a highly controversial decision to Lytle. If you ask me Lytle beat Serra. Serra isn't even top ten in my book.

The quote you posted has nothing to do with "GSP's heart."

"I agree. It wasn't too long ago the guy won a highly controversial decision to Lytle."

LMAO at that decision being highly controversial.

"Serra isn't even top ten in my book."

Then your book is wrong.

Styles make fights.

Serra isn't a good matchup for GSP. GSP is great by the way and will probably run off a long stretch as champ someday. He's just going to have trouble with Serra, again.

"The quote you posted has nothing to do with "GSP's heart.""

Exactly. Serra made comments on how he would mentally approach this bout. He didnt show any disrespect to GSP as your thread title suggests. Well besides for the "it's almost like I see two guys that want to get hit less than GSP" part.

Serra has power behind his shots...it is definitely possible that he catches GSP again. Look at what BJ was able to do to GSP's face in their fight back in 05'.

"Serra isnt afraid of GSP standing because george doesnt have the power to knock him out IMO"

When in recent memory has anyone finished Matt Hughes? As mentioned above, Karo gave Serra fits on the ground due to his size and strength advantage. Wasnt Karo complaining about how mysteriously strong GSP was? GSP whips Serra like a rented mule this time, much like his two wins over Hughes.

"Well, maybe he should be. Karo beat him down pretty bad from there, and Karo is no GSP."

OK . . . tell the truth. Do you REALLY not believe that Serra's performance in that fight was LARGELY because he had no gas? No, seriously? Karo fan or not, I can't believe that Serra's lack of gas wasn't TOTALLY evident to anyone with even a basic understanding of fighting styles.

If God smiles upon me, I'll get to see a Serra/Karo rematch one day.

Well its possible that GSP is a super strong grappler but not a really hard puncher. We see this often. Yet even though power striking is more in Serra's corner, I think Georges' power is hard enough to damage him when you combine it with his striking skills!

Date: 02/25/08 11:12 AM
125 Total Posts Ignore User

The quote you posted has nothing to do with "GSP's heart."

Wrong, but you are reading the thread title and assuming that it means Serra is insulting GSP's heart, when he is actually doing the opposite. He states, "I see two guys that want to get hit less than GSP", in other words he is saying that GSP was not afraid to get hit, and so has the heart to go in and swing. Meanwhile Kos and Hughes were timid because they did not want to get hit, and that is why they lost. Serra feels he will fight like BJ, because he is not afraid to get hit, and that will help him, because GSP is not afraid to get in and mix it up either.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that GSP has to change for this fight is to NOT try to DUCK a punch from a shorter fighter. That was how Serra connected with the damaging shots.

I'm sure that this is at least part of GSP's game plan.

"OK . . . tell the truth. Do you REALLY not believe that Serra's performance in that fight was LARGELY because he had no gas?"

I honestly don't know. I'm sure he was gassed but I can't honestly say how bad it was or how much his poor performance was due to that.

"OK . . . tell the truth. Do you REALLY not believe that Serra's performance in that fight was LARGELY because he had no gas? No, seriously? Karo fan or not, I can't believe that Serra's lack of gas wasn't TOTALLY evident to anyone with even a basic understanding of fighting styles.

If God smiles upon me, I'll get to see a Serra/Karo rematch one day. "

No, I honestly don't think Karo battered him on the ground only due to lack of gas. I think it's because Karo is a strong guy with great sub defense, decent guard passing, decent GNP, and a guy who sets a great pace. I think that Serra isn't great off his back in MMA despite his impeccable grappling credentials. Given that, GSP does everything on the ground better than Karo, and that could very well lead to a similar result once GSP ends up in top control.

And I'd like to see Karo-Serra rematch as well. Their styles make for a great, exciting fight.

The TERRA Once Again!!!

""I agree. It wasn't too long ago the guy won a highly controversial
decision to Lytle."
LMAO at that decision being highly controversial."

It wasn't controversial. Just very, very boring.

I still wonder what GSP's game plan is. He had to of thought that he would have the edge standing in his last bout, only to be destroyed. He'll probably do the takedown and GNP game.

Serra wins again.

HE already did.