Shane Carwin retired today...

I was at UFC 111, when Carwin won the interm HW title. After the fights Carwin stuck around the hotel lobby taking pictures and signing autographs with everyone.

Shane is truly a mans man. I hope he stays around, just an overall great guy Phone Post 3.0

Man. Feel like we missed greatness by him being about 5 years too old. Sad to see him go, honored we got to see him. Phone Post 3.0

Damn. Met Shane at UFC 151 (yes I said that right), before the Nelson fight was off. Always liked Shane. Sad to hear but best of luck in whatever comes next! Phone Post 3.0

Wow. Never saw this coming! Too short a career.

Good luck to him in retirement! Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for your work Shane. I really appreciated your fights. Always did a great job. Phone Post

lots of great stuff in here, I'm sure Shane will appreciate it! Phone Post 3.0

That tweet was pretty vague what he was retiring from his engineer job to focus on fighting full time. Phone Post 3.0

Best of luck Shane, always a huge fan.

Wish I could say I was surprised :(
I think he just had a lot of injuries because he really was something to watch! Good luck in whatever you choose to venture into next because I'm sure I'll keep tabs! Thanks for some of the best knockouts I've seen in a long time! :) Phone Post 3.0

:-/

It was an honor watching Shane fight and I wish him nothing but the best in life. Thanks for the awesome fights. Phone Post

Going to miss the big guy. Fan for life right here and I wish him a great life outside the octagon.

He's an intelligent man that is able to have a great career outside of MMA, isn't he also an engineer? I think it's the perfect time to retire. He's had a great career and there isn't any point in potentially injuring his back to where it lowers his quality o life into the future.

Wish him all the best! Phone Post 3.0

A shame to see him go i hope he comes back, one of my favorite fighters...

Sad to see him go. All the best, Shane! Phone Post 3.0

You know that feeling when one of your sports teams loses the championship. Or someone spoiles that show, movie or book you were so into. Or one the most respected and exciting fighters has hung up the gloves. A lot of saaaad pandas in this forum. Thanks for the memories Carwin. Stay in touch and keep on sharing more. Phone Post

JBASS - 

Sums it up for me.

:,(((( Phone Post 3.0

Wow, completely bummed to hear this. One of my all time favourite fighters .He's the guy who first told me about the UG

WAR CARWIN! Phone Post 3.0