Shane Carwin

Rooting for Shane, but Brock's the favorite at this point. Hope Shane works on his defense on the feet. I didn't like that he got tagged standing by journeymen Wain and Wellisch, who don't have Brock's power or speed.

Brock isn't going to get into a boxing match with the Shane Trane

Kirik - 
humphrey sphinctermuscle - 
Ian Mccall - 
humphrey sphinctermuscle - he's going to lose to brock anyway. I like carwin (now, i used to dislike him) but he will not be champion. at least not right now.

hmmm.. and im guessing you thought mir would win too?

guess again

i was HOPING mir would win so he could go get his second punishment from brock, but I figured carwin had this one.

I think carwin's good, i just don't think he's ready for brock's size and strength.

They are the same size and Carwin hits harder.

i thought this too.

inf0 -  lol @ same size... jeah ok Kirikikikiiki

maybe carwin can come on in here and clear up the size difference..

i was told by multiple people that they are pretty much the same size, brock may be a little bigger..

Also there is no doubt in my mind that carwin hits harder.

Ian Mccall - 

i was told by multiple people that they are pretty much the same size, brock may be a little bigger..

Take a look at the pictures posted right after Carwins fight when Brock came in the ring.  Brock is taller and thicker.  I give Carwin the advantage in striking though and therefore the advantage in the fight as the wrestling probably cancels out.  Plus I like Shane as a champ better than Brock Douchner.

i think carwin is 6'1 280 and brock is 6'5 290

Carwin is the people's champion. War Carwin!

BanjaCop -  I'll be putting money on Carwin.

Brock is all kinds of tense on his feet and you can see from the few times that Mir or Randy connected that he doesn't like getting punched in the face at all-the second Carwin connects solidly it's gonna scare the shit outta Brock.

Brock has TERRIBLE technique, he's just a genetic freak that can out muscle and out manuver his opponents. Brock has the crucifix pin and that's about it from what we've seen on the ground.

If Carwin can stay standing and/or avoid the crucifix he wins.

I think this post contains some problems for me.

First of all, no one likes getting hit in the face. Brock was hit cleanly by Couture and Mir and was fine. If anything it seemed to wake him up. Carwin was wobbly from Gonzanga and recovered, so i don't think there is a huge difference there.

I don't know how you can say that Brock has terrible technique. I think his stand up is pretty basic, but as I always say, those basics are done pretty well. His punching and especially his knees have looked pretty damn good. I'm actually very interested to see the standup in this one.

I really like Shane. I think he's very good and has great power, but when I watch him it's like watching most heavyweights. When I watch Brock I can't believe how fast and agile he is. This is going to be the difference imo.

irishrottie - Brock isnt as good a mixed martial artist as Carwin. Carwins build is going to be an advantage against Brock. More compact and explosive.
I see their builds exactly the opposite. Brock has that big strong farmboy build, no extra bodybuilding muscle (now that he's out of the wwe), just a huge frame that was designed for how big he is. Shane has added a lot of extra muscle to his frame that isn't natural ( I don't mean cheating, I just mean added ). Historically, the added muscle is a hinderance rather than a benefit, both from a cardio and an agility aspect.

i'm still laughing that people are saying they're the same size.

even after seeing the fucking pictures of them both next to mir, knowing the stats, and knowing carwin said CLEARLY that he's 6'1, or 6'2 on his best day.

i mean jesus christ people

Kirik -
humphrey sphinctermuscle -
Ian Mccall -
humphrey sphinctermuscle - he's going to lose to brock anyway. I like carwin (now, i used to dislike him) but he will not be champion. at least not right now.

hmmm.. and im guessing you thought mir would win too?

guess again

i was HOPING mir would win so he could go get his second punishment from brock, but I figured carwin had this one.

I think carwin's good, i just don't think he's ready for brock's size and strength.

EDIT: geting right pic

here's those two that are the 'same size' or 'a little bigger'

and it is just the suit padding right? ROFL

BanTheUKmmaNoobs - LOL! I don't think humphrey understand the concept of perspective.

None if it's varied meanings!!

Ian Mccall - 
Kirik - 

i thought this too.

Carwin's about 6'1". Lesnar's about 6'3" or 6'4".  Weight is similar now but Brock has been slightly heavier in the past. I don't think  Brock's ever been under 265-270 (except when he was sick) while Carwin was in the mid 250's for some of his fights in the UFC.

When you are talking about guys as big as Carwin and Lesnar its a matter of who makes the mistake first as both have the power to turn the other ones lights out. Who is a couple inches taller, bench presses more, "looks" bigger etc DOES NOT MATTER, both are freakishly strong and can end each others nights quickly. I think Brock will make the first mistake and Carwin will capitalize, but if would not shock me if Brock won. I am cheering for Carwin, but with guys this big its about who makes the first mistake.

yea but is brock at 265 right now? or is he closure to 300 or so? he's looking puffy IMO

Archer0545 - 
Ian Mccall - 

Take a look at the pictures posted right after Carwins fight when Brock came in the ring.  Brock is taller and thicker.  I give Carwin the advantage in striking though and therefore the advantage in the fight as the wrestling probably cancels out.  Plus I like Shane as a champ better than Brock Douchner.

Brock is a bit taller and thicker up top but has small legs compared to Carwin. Carwin has massive legs...hence why everyone thinks he looks "small" for 265. Brock may have a bigger chest and arms but he isn't "bigger" in that they both weight the same. Carwin's camp says he walks around close to 300 lbs, get's to 275 before fight day and cuts from there. Same as Brock.

Anyone who has been in fighting knows that power comes from the legs.

I don't understand why some people can't see that Carwin was in "fight shape" and Lesnar was in "puffy blown up walking around shape". Lets see what they look like after the weight cut (and re-hydration) before we say "oh my god Lesnar is so much bigger than Shane".

Also, I believe that neither of them have ever fought someone as strong as each other, so they both might be surprised at how strong the other is. My personal opinion, Lesnar will have more strength in the clinch (control), and Carwin has more power in the hands. Lesnar better keep a tight body-lock or take it to the mat 'cause a little separation means Carwin will let the hands go.

Ian, I got your back on this one.. Knowing I have been in this sport for years, and matchmaking all the fights I have for all of these years, including yours. They are only looking at height. This is a matchmakers dream, Identical skillsets, size and strength. Theone advantage Shane has, is he has stand up, Brock is limited in this area. Other then that, wrestling and ground work are very identical.

You couldnt ask for a better explosion for a HVY weight blowout.

GRAPPLING X -  Ian, I got your back on this one.. Knowing I have been in this sport for years, and matchmaking all the fights I have for all of these years, including yours. They are only looking at height. This is a matchmakers dream, Identical skillsets, size and strength. Theone advantage Shane has, is he has stand up, Brock is limited in this area. Other then that, wrestling and ground work are very identical.

You couldnt ask for a better explosion for a HVY weight blowout.

i agree! And i think Shane will be an excellent champion! im gonna have to take Shane by TKO in Rd. 1.

Carwin by uppercuts from hell