Shane Carwin

Yup, dirty boxing is the way to go for Carwin, imo. I just rewatched the Couture fight. Randy was able to control and hit Brock in the clinch and prevent taking major damage. He showed a great defensive guard and used the fence very well to wall-walk back to his feet when Lesnar took him down (Shane showed flashes of this against Gonzaga). When Couture was eventually finished it was when he was striking at distance with Lesnar. Since Carwin has some holes in his defense when striking at distance (he got tagged by journeymen Wain and Wellisch as well as a good fighter in Gonzaga), he should utilize those strong, fast inside punches in the clinch he showed in the Mir fight.

Shane's got this.....TKO R1.

Bacdacufup - Shane's got this.....TKO R1.

Yes! by Uppercuts from hell!!

Yep I am going with Carwin on this one!

sparkyman - 
irishrottie - Brock isnt as good a mixed martial artist as Carwin. Carwins build is going to be an advantage against Brock. More compact and explosive.
I see their builds exactly the opposite. Brock has that big strong farmboy build, no extra bodybuilding muscle (now that he's out of the wwe), just a huge frame that was designed for how big he is. Shane has added a lot of extra muscle to his frame that isn't natural ( I don't mean cheating, I just mean added ). Historically, the added muscle is a hinderance rather than a benefit, both from a cardio and an agility aspect.

Shane's weight is much more in his legs. Shane supposedly has been that big for YEARS so it isn't just weight lifting muscle any more than Brock's is "farmboy" muscle. There are pictures of Brock from his university years where he was MUCH smaller.

Shane walks around at 300lbs...he just happens to carry most of it in his legs. Hence why he looked a bit smaller than both Mir and even Gonzaga. Take a look at his legs when he is standing next to Brock. Brock looks like he is on twigs compared to Carwin.

We all know that punching power really comes from the lower body if done properly.

He is the same size (but a bit shorter), he just carries it differently.

canuck34 - Shane walks around at 300lbs..

He was 252 against Wellisch and 259 against Gonzaga. Must've been a hellava cut.

NorthFromHere - 
canuck34 - Shane walks around at 300lbs..

He was 252 against Wellisch and 259 against Gonzaga. Must've been a hellava cut.

No, he lost some weight back them but then gained it back.

He fought at 285 and higher before coming to the UFC.