Shannon Briggs vs. Rampage Allegedly Set for 2/17 in Florida

3 Likes

‘The Cannon’ and the former UFC champion have teased a potential fight against each other for years now. In 2021, Shannon Briggs and Rampage Jackson even coached in the short-lived Triller Triad Combat, against one another. At the time, the two heavyweights stated that a fight between the two was on the books for 2022.

However, it didn’t happen, nor did it happen in 2023. Instead, Shannon Briggs seemed destined to slowly fade into retirement, while Rampage Jackson targeted a comeback in MMA. Instead of boxing, the former UFC titleholder signed with the United Fight League, with a return tentatively set for late 2023.

Well, it seems that Shannon Briggs vs. Rampage Jackson will happen after all. Both champions are currently out in Saudi Arabia, to help promote Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou. ‘The Gypsy King’ and ‘The Predator’ will headline an ESPN pay-per-view card tomorrow night, in the PFL star’s first boxing match.

Nonetheless, in an interview with DAZN earlier today, Shannon Briggs broke the news that he will be boxing Rampage Jackson. The fight will reportedly be on February 17th, in Florida. As of now, no other bouts have been revealed for the event, nor is it known who will promote the event.

“Tomorrow, everybody’s gonna see what happens to MMA fighters,” Briggs stated to Jackson earlier today. “And in February I’m going to show you again.”

In the event that the fight is made, it will be the first for both men in years. For his part, Shannon Briggs has been out of the ring since a knockout win over Emilio Zarate in 2016. Meanwhile, Rampage Jackson has been inactive since a 2019 knockout loss to Fedor Emelianenko.

2 Likes

2/17/2024

doesnt he fight Titties first?

1 Like

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (38-14) has some fight left in the tank.

The former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight champion took to Twitter to announce his return to combat sports today (Weds., Jan. 31, 2024). Jackson, 45, will make his boxing debut (excluding his two-on-two Fight Circus match alongside Bob Sapp) against the 52-year-old former Heavyweight boxing champion, Shannon Briggs (60-6-1, 1 no contest), in Qatar on June 1, 2024. The embedded video of Jackson’s announcement can be seen in the embedded player above.
“I finally got the contract,” Jackson said. “It’s been over two years in the making of me hearing Mr. Shannon Briggs’ mouth. I get to shut him up once and for all in Qatar, June 1. I gotta sign this contract.

“Shannon, you’re gonna regret even calling me out all those years ago and you’ve been posting just ungodly videos of me, tagging me in ungodly videos, and I just endured it,” he continued. “I got the contract. Thank, God. I’m gonna shut your mouth once and for all. Sign this s—t.”

Briggs has been one of his division’s master trolls throughout his career and carried over his antics to social media in pursuit of the Jackson fight, as the one-time UFC champ alluded to. Briggs’ nautical distraction of a paddle-boarding Wladimir Klitschko is still one of the funniest things you’ll ever see, period.

RIP Rampage :frowning:

1 Like

“LET’S GO CHAMP!”

8 Likes

Shannon Briggs Lol GIF by DAZN North America

2 of the funniest fuckers in combat sports history

5 Likes

I eat where you eat champ. Let’s go champ.

10 Likes

Nice. This should have happened 15 years ago but still I’ll watch

4 Likes

Should be a slobberknockerINg

1 Like

Hampage is gonna get his face knuckle-dusted

1 Like

These two been going at it for years it’s entertaining as hell now, it’s like these two are long lost brothers just dogging each other every fucking day :joy::joy:. You can tell they have fun and really like each other.

8 Likes

are they fighting over a plate of chicken wings?

1 Like

I for one just hope Rampage does not try to engage in any paddle boarding before the fight. This might be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen in the history of prizefighting.

8 Likes