'She Doesn’t Deserve to Just Skip the Line’

2 Likes

1 Like

Former PFL champion and Olympic gold medalist Kayla Harrison will drop down to the bantamweight division to make her Octagon debut against former 135-pound titleholder Holly Holm as part of the UFC 300 pay-per-view (PPV) event, booked for Sat., April 13, 2024 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Defeating “The Preacher’s Daughter” is likely to land Harrison in the Top 5 of the women’s bantamweight division (see the updated Top 15 here). But don’t expect current 135-pound titleholder Raquel Pennington to be welcoming her with open arms, assuming “Rocky” can get past former champion Julianna Pena.

“Anything can change. I’m not opposed to it, but at the same time, I just don’t find that fair,” Pennington told The MMA Hour. “You have so many athletes — and I’m speaking on behalf of everybody because I’ve been that athlete for a long time. Nothing was ever handed to me. I had to work my way to the top the very hard way, time and time again. So it really frustrates me when other athletes come in and all of a sudden they jump the line.”

“There have been plenty of athletes that have been here a long time,” Pennington continued. “They’re busting their ass every single day, they’re trying to grind through each and every fight and build things for themselves and work their way to that opportunity, and I feel like she doesn’t deserve to just skip the line because she has a huge name behind her.”
UFC CEO Dana White had his eye on Harrison for several years and was finally able to get contracts signed earlier this year. Her performance against Holm will likely influence how the promotion books her after UFC 300 but a finish — complete with a fiery post-fight speech — may be the only thing Harrison needs to seal the deal.

2 Likes

Day Right Juno

TRANSLATION:

24 Likes

That’s some cyborg level musculature.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I think its cute that Pennington thinks she has any say whatsoever in it

11 Likes

Please just fold the division.

14 Likes

Lmao scrub champ calling the shots. What line? Can find some drunks at the local pub who can compete in that division

13 Likes

Since Alex Volk won the FW title in 2019,
There have been 29 new UFC champions…

1 Like

And I think the majority were the women

the rock spit GIF by WWE

2 Likes

I really hate when these champs get the belt and right away they think they can dictate who gets the title shots like they’re running the fucking company. If she really is undeserving then great, an easy win, PPV points etc. That’s obviously not her issue.

10 Likes

https://www.mmanews.com/news/kayla-harrison-utilizing-move-banned-pfl-ufc-career

Kayla Harrison ‘Looking Forward’ To Utilizing Move Banned By PFL During UFC Career: ‘It Was To My Detriment…’

Harrison has identified a major positive of swapping the SmartCage for the Octagon.

I’d fuck him

3 Likes

This

3 Likes

No shit!

Go out and build that 1 fight win streak first Kayla! Preferably after losing 5 in a row.

THAT is the true path to UFC WMMA gold.

Fucking shortcuts. Nice try Kayla!

5 Likes

Is there even a line or Q for the title shot at 135 :joy:

2 Likes